Consuming a Lot of Whey

The sugar in soda gets digested just fine.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
B rocK wrote:
shakes are liquid and have less of a chance to be digested before you piss. that’s what i was told a while ago. whole food sits in your system and is broken down.

This is illogical as liquids don’t require mechanical digestion in the same way as solid foods.

If anything, the opposite would be more likely true, although I don’t think it’s anything to worry about either way.[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t think “bro” science is gonna cut it here because that’s just not right.

Oh B rock. You’re so funny.

Since we are on the subject of protein powder, there are a lot of different brands and prices. Is there any general consense on which of the many are better or any to aviod. I just bought some product from walmart to see how my system handle liquid food. I mixed it with soy milk (regular milk give me gas and the shits) I also through a couple of eggs in along with a bannan. So far so good. I suspect there is some more experienced consumers on this line who might have some recommendation.

Also if there is some good info under another thread that anyone is aware of, just let me know and I’ll keep reading. There is a lot of good info here it’s just not that easy to find unless you are a speed reader.

Thank

[quote]GeoBob wrote:
Since we are on the subject of protein powder, there are a lot of different brands and prices. Is there any general consense on which of the many are better or any to aviod. I just bought some product from walmart to see how my system handle liquid food. I mixed it with soy milk (regular milk give me gas and the shits) I also through a couple of eggs in along with a bannan. So far so good. I suspect there is some more experienced consumers on this line who might have some recommendation.

Also if there is some good info under another thread that anyone is aware of, just let me know and I’ll keep reading. There is a lot of good info here it’s just not that easy to find unless you are a speed reader.

Thank[/quote]

[quote]GeoBob wrote:

Thank[/quote]

Let me get this straight. You bought your protein powder at Walmart, and you mix it with soy milk, and you want to know which brands to avoid? Start off with avoiding all brands that are sold at Walmart. Next avoid soy milk. Okay, now that that’s settled, let me get another thing straight. You also want to know what product you should buy? I’d say don’t use whey and just eat food, but you wouldn’t listen because you heard somebody tell you to get some whey powda and you’d get buffed. T eh same guy also probably told you that NO boosters get you swole. If weren’t so misinformed/ignorant you’d know how to eat well to get big, and secondarily, you’re know where to buy decent protein powder. You’re on a site that sells protein. Why don’t you click the little link at the top that says store? I hope this helps.

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
GeoBob wrote:

Thank

Let me get this straight. You bought your protein powder at Walmart, and you mix it with soy milk, and you want to know which brands to avoid? Start off with avoiding all brands that are sold at Walmart. Next avoid soy milk. Okay, now that that’s settled, let me get another thing straight. You also want to know what product you should buy? I’d say don’t use whey and just eat food, but you wouldn’t listen because you heard somebody tell you to get some whey powda and you’d get buffed. T eh same guy also probably told you that NO boosters get you swole. If weren’t so misinformed/ignorant you’d know how to eat well to get big, and secondarily, you’re know where to buy decent protein powder. You’re on a site that sells protein. Why don’t you click the little link at the top that says store? I hope this helps.[/quote]

I don’t understand what the problem is with protein powders from Wal-Mart. Granted they’re not the best tasting products out there, but the stuff seems to work alright, especially for $6/lb.

Note: I’ve only tried the Body Fortress brand, other brands may suck something fierce for all I know.

Also for the record, if I had the discretionary income, I’d buy Metabolic Drive instead.