KD13 Not Very Strongman

Sandbags are awesome; my favorite piece of strongman gear. Definitely what I would have if I wanted to keep things simple. Pick up, carry and load are all solid choices. Good carryover to stones.

Stupid simple workout: tabata pick up and carry

Sandbags tend to be a pain to pick up and a litrle easier to carry, while kegs are easy to pick up but suck to carry. Putting yourself on a 20 second timer to pick up the bag goes a long way.

1 Like

Nice one thanks, think I will definitely add a bag to my list. I have seen 2 different styles of bag one of which was very similar to the one you was using.

I have been using my trap bar and some water barrels to do my carries but they are easy to pick up and both involve having arms by the side. I think I will benefit a lot in the upper back strength from having something out in front.

incline db press
1x19 (fuck) 3x8 30kg

fly
3x12

squeeze press
3x15

shoulder tri set
side lateral+ upright row+ press
4x8 each exercise.

super set
hammer curl + spider curl
3x10 each

cross body curls
1x

Still in physique style training mode, will keep doing that for a bit longer and then switch it up.

I know Instagram gets a bad rep but I think if you find the right people and see past all the bull shit, you can find a few gems. A lot of my training over the summer months is going to be based on stuff done by this guy. Been doing some of his core flow things to end my sessions.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnHbSAugZrU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wuhwh3dxgm1r

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoxBC8HhaYl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4cy6d72m6xwm

Will be fun doing plenty of this kind of stuff in the sunshine combined with some sandbag and heavy carries.

2 Likes

Current physique as of this morning.

And quick front double bi from a few weeks ago. Bit annoying than my biceps are different shapes, not sure if that’s from a previous injury or what but my weaker arm looks bigger and fuller.

Will be continuing to add mass over the next few months and will make a decision to cut or not depending how that goes.

2 Likes

legs
(new year same me, just fancied some legs though)

glutes activation
Various drills

goblet squats
4x12

Romanian deadlift
4x12
Still no love for these. Just can’t get it right.

sissy squats
3x12

walking lunges
3x20

seated calve raise
4x10 with 5 second contraction

1 Like

chin up
4x8

incline bench db row
4x12 + single arm row to failure

wide bent over row holding the plates
4x15

banded deadlift
4x8

trap bar shrug
2x10

rear delt fly
3x12

1 Like

super set 1
banded triceps extension + db hammer curl
4x12

super set 2
ez curl + triceps pull over extension
4x12

spider curl
1 set failure

1 Like

db incline press
5x10

band cross over
5x10

Shoulder/ upper chest felt really off so called it there. Not sure why but felt it was best just to leave it.

@T3hPwnisher
Decided to bag up some individual 10kg bags of sand. I then found some old large pillow cases, doubled them up and made a temporary sand bag, fitted 6 smaller bags inside making a 60kg bag. Seems pretty robust so will see how long it last before busting. 60kg felt pretty light so will need to buy a heavier one at some point but this one will do for now. Not costing a penny is always a bonus!

1 Like

Looks plenty bulky; I am sure it is hard to handle, which is always a plus.

Yeah it’s bulky, I’m sure with a bit more weight it will be difficult to get off the floor. Can’t wait to get out and do some tough conditioning work with it.

First session back after surgical retrieval, felt good but also low on energy as been a bit unwell also. Got it in though

It’s back to my super boring, super basic and super repetitive routine. It’s also super effective also so I will put the work in with it for a few months. I know this works but I don’t really enjoy it, the need for results and breaking through my current plateau out weighs my need for enjoyment!

All exercises other than the close hand push up are done with a strict 4 second negative, no excuses, the set ends if I don’t stay at 4. Also no failure allowed other than close hand.

incline
30kg
8/8/8/8

goblet squat
30kg
10/10/10/10

shoulder press db
15kg
10/10/10/10

sissy squat
10/10/10

close hand press up
3x failure
13/10/10 terrible effort.

The other session is the pull one.
Dead lift
Chin
Row
Hamstring curl (need an alternative)
Bicep curl

I tend to do push/pull/push/pull/go crazy and do what you like. It’s good to have that 1 session every now and again to break the boredom of repeating the 2.

Had to split my session up in 2 due to time constraints, will do the lower body pulling tomorrow. Strict 4 second eccentric on every rep.

scapular pull ups
2x15

chin ups
6/6/6/6
(The scap pull ups + slow negatives made made even sets of 6 a real struggle)

db row
30kg
8/8/8/8

ez curl
20kg
10/10/10/10

incline
30kg
10/10/10/8

goblet squat
30kg
12/12/12/12

shoulder press db
15kg
10/11/10/10

sumo squat
40kg
12/12/12

close hand press up
3x failure
18/11/10

1 Like

scap pull up
2x15

chin up
8/8/6/6

db row
30kg
10/10/10/10

trap bar dead
4x5 (120kg)

lunge for pelvis
(In athlean vid above)
3x12

hammer curl
15kg
10/9/6

Been ill so had a couple of days off last week and the past two sessions I decided to take it pretty easy (or so I thought!)

I played around with a few movements that I had seen that I wanted to try. This one

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtTp_OSBWHC/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1wzp4uzgez39u

Single arm incline presses, and alternating pressing holding the opposite hand and lock out.

And a quadruped row which was much tougher than it looked. Core was working overtime.

Followed them up with a few l-sits and hollow body holds. My core has been in a whole world of pain the past few days!

Really enjoyed this style of training and I’m moving into more of a functional phase, I know that sounds lame but I don’t know how else to phrase it!

How’s all the family shit going, man?

Treatment is not going well buddy, we have had a second failed cycle. Will be having a consultation to try and figure out what’s going wrong and explore our options. It’s massively taken it’s toll on my wife and we have got some big decisions to make as to if we try again or explore other options. What good is striving for something but destroying ourselves in the process, my wife is tough but I can see she is at the point of breaking down Sacrificing time, money, energy and emotions that could be spent on creating happy memories with our boy.

So currently it’s on hold, we still have 1 cycle left in that 3 try scheme but we won’t do another one until my wife is in a better place, instead we have booked a family holiday and some long weekends away. My wife is planning on quitting work so she can lower her stress levels and get back to being with our boy every day, that’s massive for her. We need some happy shit before we try again.

Thanks for asking buddy. I allowed myself a couple of days of feeling down and thinking the world’s not fair bla bla bla, now it’s back to appreciating how lucky I am.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that man. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

@littlesleeper Thank you buddy appreciate it.

incline press
30kg
10/10/10/10 followed by a set of single arm with 15kg

shoulder press
15kg super slow negatives tonight
12/12/10/10

band single arm cross over
2x15

band rear delt fly + face pulls
2x15 of each

L sit alternating leg lifts
3x30 seconds

Nice quick session, very sore abz!

New toys for the home gym, time to get my gymnastic on.

2 Likes