Constructive Physique Help

for all you guys talking about him needing a wider chest you are all horribly wrong there is no major muscle of the chest that is responsible for giving the chest that wide spread out look you know what gives the chest that wide spreadout look? LATS.

heres an example

^ that guy has enormous lats and shoulder width and that is what gives him the wide spread out chest look

I did not read any posts yet

In order

1. Chest (upper chest. also, work on hold the stretched portion of the movement, you could do a 1sec hold in the stretched position before doing another rep. Im 100% sure thats something you havent done before, or if you did its been just recently)

2. Rear delts - Look at what meadows has ppl doing

3. Triceps long head, again work on stretching movements imo

4. Cant tell much from legs. Use small briefs and stuff but from what it seems you would need more sweep.
    Cant comment on hams cause displaying very badly :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]ChocolateChips wrote:
for all you guys talking about him needing a wider chest you are all horribly wrong there is no major muscle of the chest that is responsible for giving the chest that wide spread out look you know what gives the chest that wide spreadout look? LATS.

heres an example

^ that guy has enormous lats and shoulder width and that is what gives him the wide spread out chest look[/quote]

You really think lats play that much of a role in the way the chest looks? I think it would be more of the muscles that give that “shoulder’s pulled down and back look”. Rhomboids, middle/lower traps, rear delts and rotator cuff muscles. If you look in the mirror and then force yourself into good posture (shoulders down and back) you will notice when you do this that your chest appears wider.

[quote]jonmb11 wrote:

heres an example

^ that guy has enormous lats and shoulder width and that is what gives him the wide spread out chest look[/quote]

You really think lats play that much of a role in the way the chest looks? I think it would be more of the muscles that give that “shoulder’s pulled down and back look”. Rhomboids, middle/lower traps, rear delts and rotator cuff muscles. If you look in the mirror and then force yourself into good posture (shoulders down and back) you will notice when you do this that your chest appears wider.[/quote]

lats definitely make your chest appear wider, what you said does not work for me packing shoulders back and down in the mirror my chest just looks flat and makes my shoulders appear narrow and i am not exaggerating the packing it really does that. all people with gargantuan shoulder width have wide spread out wide looking chests.

very good info i have started easing into the flyes, as never worked chest isolation before, and im sore as shit.
next on my list is flyes+cables and so forth till i can handle the soreness chest is making upper body workouts 2 days late compared to tri’s and lats’s
also started doing extensions light and with good form, no bad form on isolation, to work the long head of the tricep as i took a few shots and see what you mean, i got the mean looking lateral head from pressing, but virtually no long head

its a serious work in progress

as far as shoulder width im not sure if people are stating i have wide or narrow shoulders? and the whole back muscles making the chest bigger not sure, but i can tell a difference so far after 3 chest workouts if not bigger chest is already much harder

[quote]zraw wrote:
I did not read any posts yet

In order

1. Chest (upper chest. also, work on hold the stretched portion of the movement, you could do a 1sec hold in the stretched position before doing another rep. Im 100% sure thats something you havent done before, or if you did its been just recently)

2. Rear delts - Look at what meadows has ppl doing

3. Triceps long head, again work on stretching movements imo

4. Cant tell much from legs. Use small briefs and stuff but from what it seems you would need more sweep.
    Cant comment on hams cause displaying very badly :P[/quote]

yes i have no learned to pose the hamstrings and calfs yet, very new to that as i cant see it in the mirror

*another important thing i forgot to mention, when you have a lot of bodyfat on you and in your chest it makes your chest look narrower and less spread out so that could also be a problem as to why your chest seems narrow

Upper chest could use help.

I don’t think the ‘narrowness’ of the chest is the issue, because your delta are awesome (front and side) which detract from your chest development in my opinion.

Great job!

" i got everything except the double example…what does that mean? "

I meant muscles wise it is positive, bulk wise it is going over board.
In my honest opinion bulking is street lingo for juicing. Pushers use lingo to avoid prison/jail, writers just suggest they do not dare write take drugs. If you are clean bulking should not be part of your vocabulairy as getting fat should not be part of your lifestyle. To compete about 5 % is required so 15 % is a no-no. I am no expert but all i read from guys over 35 yo, over 10 years experience never suggest having to cut that much to compete.

I know lots like the bulk/cut approach but many countries/individuals are deeply in debt/trouble for believing have your cake and eat it. Maybe writers get paid to fill pages and cut/bulk helps them. Boxers cut 15 pounds 5 from fat, 15 from dehydration more or less. Well we both now dropping 15 pounds will not win you any contest worth entering.

" Constructive Physique Help " was the title of this thread ".

All the best !
EDIT, i remember a post from the mighty stew, i will try to find it and add a link or copy it here.

OK i found it. Below will be a link to that thread,
here is the post is was remembering:

"Deciding if you’re packing on too much pudge is going to come down to two factors:

1-How comfortable you are walking around everyday looking like you do in your current ‘bulked’ state

2-How much honest progress you’re making in terms of LBM and if it is a good enough rationalization for your current softness.

When addressing the first issue, everyone is different. Our goals are different, our insecurities and reasons for training in the first place are different, our lives outside the gym are different. Obviously a typical white collare/office/9-5er is going to have a much different group of peers, and lifestyle than someone who works in a gym setting, or is a college student.

As to the second issue, yes, there is always the hormonal argument. There are certainly enough scientific write ups discussing better insulin sensitivity at leaner body compositions. Not to mention less stress on joints if that’s possibly a concern. Add to that the fact that even as a beginner, fully cashing in on ‘newbie gains’, you’ll still only be able to pack on a finite amount of new lean tissue each month under even the most optimal conditions. Everything gained beyond that genetically determined point is fat, no matter how ‘lean’ you may still appear, that’s just how it is.

Now, if I recall correctly, the original post asked what to do when bulking starts producing too much adipose. In my opinion, the fact that you’re adding fat, amidst what I would assume is at least some muscle in the process, denotes that you’re well beyond covering the total level of calories and nutrients that your body needs.

As such, the degree needed to scale back, ever so slightly, while still making progress would be quite minor indeed. Of course this can be address via intake on off days, cleaning up food sources, targeting carbs a bit better, or even just keeping a log if you’ve been one of the many who just eyeball everything.

S "

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/selfregulating_a_bulk?id=5426294&pageNo=2

*another important thing i forgot to mention, when you have a lot of bodyfat on you and in your chest it makes your chest look narrower and less spread out so that could also be a problem as to why your chest seems narrow[/quote]

yes the torso is trouble area for my fat chest and abs, my arms seem insanely hard and legs got veins all in them yet i have a mini gut strange but thats genetics for ya.

i didnt realize my chest was so narrow.

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
Upper chest could use help.

I don’t think the ‘narrowness’ of the chest is the issue, because your delta are awesome (front and side) which detract from your chest development in my opinion.

Great job![/quote]

thanks bro i am working on it and the shuolders seem to always impress people.

[quote]BHappy wrote:
" i got everything except the double example…what does that mean? "

I meant muscles wise it is positive, bulk wise it is going over board.
In my honest opinion bulking is street lingo for juicing. Pushers use lingo to avoid prison/jail, writers just suggest they do not dare write take drugs. If you are clean bulking should not be part of your vocabulairy as getting fat should not be part of your lifestyle. To compete about 5 % is required so 15 % is a no-no. I am no expert but all i read from guys over 35 yo, over 10 years experience never suggest having to cut that much to compete.

I know lots like the bulk/cut approach but many countries/individuals are deeply in debt/trouble for believing have your cake and eat it. Maybe writers get paid to fill pages and cut/bulk helps them. Boxers cut 15 pounds 5 from fat, 15 from dehydration more or less. Well we both now dropping 15 pounds will not win you any contest worth entering.

" Constructive Physique Help " was the title of this thread ".

All the best !
EDIT, i remember a post from the mighty stew, i will try to find it and add a link or copy it here.[/quote]

yes i agree with alot said, you gotta understand im a guy who is at his leanest hes ever been in his life at the current moment, i do not truely know what 10 percent bodyfat feels like, and competition state, this would be first time competing, i have been bulking for years, and years, i cut from a fat piece of shit awhile back to what i am now, those pictures are in the performance photo section.

That is fine. Some need a hand in the back, some need a kick in the b…
lucky you you got both.

on a side note im gonna be one big motha fucka on stage when in condition

i dont think your chest is narrow its just your deltoids that dwarf them, your shoulders literally look almost the size of your chest

You look really good.Im 6-2 and it’s harder for us tall guy’s,we have to really put on the muscle/weight due to our height.I think all that is necessary is refinement.I.E. a little more cut? probably 10% or so.all the best johnny

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
you sir, are a beast, straight up

however the most productive thing you can do right now is start losing the bodyfat, when you get decently cut you will look MUCH bigger and it is then easier to pick apart specific weak/strong points.[/quote]

bro you really think i will look bigger when i lose fat?
and thank you for advice bro[/quote]

I think it’ll definitely show the work you’ve put in more. and like he said easier to find your weak spots after you cut a little.

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

however the most productive thing you can do right now is start losing the bodyfat, when you get decently cut you will look MUCH bigger and it is then easier to pick apart specific weak/strong points.[/quote]

I think it’ll definitely show the work you’ve put in more. and like he said easier to find your weak spots after you cut a little. [/quote]

Agreed. I have said alot so far, and so have other members though its all over the place heres an update:

• Lose Bodyfat

• Increase Clavicular Head Size (Upper Chest Mass) Great Exercises For This Are: Low Sitting Incline Pressing 20 - 30 Degrees With A Barbell Or Dumbells, Guillotine Press, Incline Flys

• You Are Deltoids Dominant, Your Deltoids Dwarf Your Chest So You Could Decrease Shoulder Size OR Increase Chest Size, Although You Will Need Alot Of Chest Size

• You Seem Like You Need Chest Width Although That Can Not Be Certain Because Of Your Deltoids And Bodyfat, If Your Chest Is Truly Narrow Use Variations of Flys And Wide Grip Presses

• Your Rear Deltoids Seem To Be Small Comparably To Your Frontal And Lateral Deltoid So You Need To Bring That Up, Great Movements For Rear Deltoid Size Are Facepulls, Barbell Rows (Literally Go As Far Back As You Can The Further Back You Go The More Rear Deltoid Activation)

• Rear Deltoid Size Increase Can Apparently Make Your Chest Look Wider

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

I think it’ll definitely show the work you’ve put in more. and like he said easier to find your weak spots after you cut a little. [/quote]

Agreed. I have said alot so far, and so have other members though its all over the place heres an update:

• Lose Bodyfat

• Increase Clavicular Head Size (Upper Chest Mass) Great Exercises For This Are: Low Sitting Incline Pressing 20 - 30 Degrees With A Barbell Or Dumbells, Guillotine Press, Incline Flys

• You Are Deltoids Dominant, Your Deltoids Dwarf Your Chest So You Could Decrease Shoulder Size OR Increase Chest Size, Although You Will Need Alot Of Chest Size

• You Seem Like You Need Chest Width Although That Can Not Be Certain Because Of Your Deltoids And Bodyfat, If Your Chest Is Truly Narrow Use Variations of Flys And Wide Grip Presses

• Your Rear Deltoids Seem To Be Small Comparably To Your Frontal And Lateral Deltoid So You Need To Bring That Up, Great Movements For Rear Deltoid Size Increase Are Barbell Rows (Literally Go As Far Back As You Can The Further Back You Go The More Rear Deltoid Activation)

• Rear Deltoid Size Increase Can Apparently Make Your Chest Look Wider
    [/quote]

this bro this is very good analysis thanks for taking time out to some it up, chest literally looks bigger after just 5-6 workouts, i will work on making chest bigger not making shoulders stronger. rear deltas i just started as well, but cannot tell anything yet, as i only put one exercise bent over flyes, or reverse flyes i don’t know what they are called, but its like a reverse fly.

also working on lats more and more dropped the weight and put focus on form, helping BIG TIME
as well as doing other chest movements, first workout on the cables seems to hit the clavicular head OK, didn’t quite get the feel for it but its gonna take some time