T Nation

Constructive Physique Help

[quote]Tom240 wrote:
Awesome beard.
Traps are looking thick and overall yoke development is impressive.

Just to echo what others have said, pecs would be the first thing I’d look at - but only because you asked for tips. If you didn’t ask, I’d just say keep doing what you’re doing[/quote]

thank you

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Pretty balanced but i’d say upper pecs need a lot of attention, at the beginning of the vid when you turn it looks ridiculously flat.

Overall looking powerful![/quote]

ok, ok i starting getting to them asap as i saw this on forum

[quote]Matias A. wrote:
Looking beasty man, those traps huge!
Now on the critique, I dont know with your chest, probably its because of fat accumulated, or maybe need more work, dont know, but seems a ittle lagging in comparisson with the rest of your body.
Hope it helps![/quote]

yes everyone seems to agree on this, i will be bringing this up
probally take a month or two to notice, but i will be hitting chest hard to and see if i cant play catch up and even it out

[quote]mbdix wrote:
the outside of your pecs. It looks like when you bench you have a fairly close grip. i could be wrong. I’m no pro and i really don’t like even pointing it out. You have a better build than I do. When you look at pictures of for example Arnold or Sergie look at the outer edge. I know their pec shape is some what genes but as big as you are i am confident that you could bring that up. In my opinion with just that change would make a huge improvement. Like I said you look solid and if I was you that is what I would focus on. But, excellent work so far man.[/quote]

You can’t train the outside of the pecs

[quote]Brian14 wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:
the outside of your pecs. It looks like when you bench you have a fairly close grip. i could be wrong. I’m no pro and i really don’t like even pointing it out. You have a better build than I do. When you look at pictures of for example Arnold or Sergie look at the outer edge. I know their pec shape is some what genes but as big as you are i am confident that you could bring that up. In my opinion with just that change would make a huge improvement. Like I said you look solid and if I was you that is what I would focus on. But, excellent work so far man.[/quote]

You can’t train the outside of the pecs[/quote]

i understand the comment, but woudnt you think you could manipulate somehow
i konw the pec intself is going to be the muscle worked in a dumbell fly for instance
but… think what happens when you bring the fly more towards your head compared to down low
similar to the cable machine, you bring it from high to low it ISOLATES the upper chest
low to high it ISOLATES the lower chest more

im thinking, and this is JUST MY OPIONON, that even though the the muscle that is worked isnt changed
the area that is EMPHASIZED may be manipulated, not the muscle itself because yo umust remember
the pec defintly has more than one PART TO IT watch arnold and the gusy of the older days pose
you can defintly see clear cut striation haflway down the middle to makr the different sections of the pec off

now i know i just went on a rant, but its brainstorming here, and throwing that out there

Legs?

What everybody said basically, your pecs are behind. But that is not that surprising for a PLer I guess. Otherwise pretty good. I bet you would make good progress when you would switch to pure BBing training.

ps: I could be talking out of my ass here, but do you have some gyno? Something looks a bit odd, but I’m hardly an expert.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
Legs?

What everybody said basically, your pecs are behind. But that is not that surprising for a PLer I guess. Otherwise pretty good. I bet you would make good progress when you would switch to pure BBing training.

ps: I could be talking out of my ass here, but do you have some gyno? Something looks a bit odd, but I’m hardly an expert.

[/quote]

idk man i got some fat on my chest still, idk bout gyno or itd be sensitive
your right though thats how most powerlifters are

[quote]Brian14 wrote:

You can’t train the outside of the pecs[/quote]

Really? Then you have proves? …Oh you dont…
Guillotine presses are great for width and also fly movements of any kind.

I like to be crude, to the point and help people with their flaws upfront so i am going to tell you the truth :slight_smile:

Physique Flaws:

  • Need more lats
  • Need more upper chest
  • Need more triceps

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]Brian14 wrote:

You can’t train the outside of the pecs[/quote]

Really? Then you have proves? …Oh you dont…
Guillotine presses are great for width and also fly movements of any kind.[/quote]

i know i havent been doing chest enough, because i did flyes, and WOW sore as shit
any exercises to hit the inside of the pecs near the sternum this i cannot seem to hit

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]Brian14 wrote:

You can’t train the outside of the pecs[/quote]

Really? Then you have proves? …Oh you dont…
Guillotine presses are great for width and also fly movements of any kind.[/quote]

i know i havent been doing chest enough, because i did flyes, and WOW sore as shit
any exercises to hit the inside of the pecs near the sternum this i cannot seem to hit
[/quote]

Well I suppose you mean db flys, if thats the case, theey are not very good for inner chest, why? cause all the tension in your chest is minimal during the contracted position, but then you can use machine flys(where the tension its the same during the whole movement) or cable crossovers.

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]Brian14 wrote:

You can’t train the outside of the pecs[/quote]

Really? Then you have proves? …Oh you dont…
Guillotine presses are great for width and also fly movements of any kind.[/quote]

i know i havent been doing chest enough, because i did flyes, and WOW sore as shit
any exercises to hit the inside of the pecs near the sternum this i cannot seem to hit
[/quote]

Well I suppose you mean db flys, if thats the case, theey are not very good for inner chest, why? cause all the tension in your chest is minimal during the contracted position, but then you can use machine flys(where the tension its the same during the whole movement) or cable crossovers.

[/quote]

you know that actually makes sense thanks for pointing that out for me

[quote]ChocolateChips wrote:
I like to be crude, to the point and help people with their flaws upfront so i am going to tell you the truth :slight_smile:

Physique Flaws:

  • Need more lats
  • Need more upper chest
  • Need more triceps[/quote]

bro thats what i asked for is the honest truth
does no fucking good to go on stage after everybody telling me im good to go
and then lose because someone didnt have the crudeness to poin it out

heres is the legs from today at 310 bodyweight

here is overall poses form today at 310 bodyweight,
YES I KNOW HEAVLY BLOATED RIGHT look like bloob right now

You are a double example.
Very good muscles,
hiding under fat.
Trimming 30 - 40 pounds to start will show any weakness, now it is guessing. Hopefully most that is to be discovered will be great.
All the best !

[quote]BHappy wrote:
You are a double example.
Very good muscles,
hiding under fat.
Trimming 30 - 40 pounds to start will show any weakness, now it is guessing. Hopefully most that is to be discovered will be great.
All the best ![/quote]

i got everything except the double example…what does that mean?

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Brian14 wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:
the outside of your pecs. It looks like when you bench you have a fairly close grip. i could be wrong. I’m no pro and i really don’t like even pointing it out. You have a better build than I do. When you look at pictures of for example Arnold or Sergie look at the outer edge. I know their pec shape is some what genes but as big as you are i am confident that you could bring that up. In my opinion with just that change would make a huge improvement. Like I said you look solid and if I was you that is what I would focus on. But, excellent work so far man.[/quote]

You can’t train the outside of the pecs[/quote]

i understand the comment, but woudnt you think you could manipulate somehow
i konw the pec intself is going to be the muscle worked in a dumbell fly for instance
but… think what happens when you bring the fly more towards your head compared to down low
similar to the cable machine, you bring it from high to low it ISOLATES the upper chest
low to high it ISOLATES the lower chest more

im thinking, and this is JUST MY OPIONON, that even though the the muscle that is worked isnt changed
the area that is EMPHASIZED may be manipulated, not the muscle itself because yo umust remember
the pec defintly has more than one PART TO IT watch arnold and the gusy of the older days pose
you can defintly see clear cut striation haflway down the middle to makr the different sections of the pec off

now i know i just went on a rant, but its brainstorming here, and throwing that out there[/quote]

Yes upper and lower can be targeted, but not inner or outter. The pec major is trhe lower muscle and the pec minor is the upper one

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]Brian14 wrote:

You can’t train the outside of the pecs[/quote]

Really? Then you have proves? …Oh you dont…
Guillotine presses are great for width and also fly movements of any kind.[/quote]

Look at an anatomy chart.

For chest you should try fascia stretches and supersetted with pumping sets. I say this from experience with other body parts, but in my opinion it just seems like the simplest thing to do.

If you are a PLer after all your accessory work, other wise at the end of your chest day, try do the following:

Light dumbbells(should only pump not much fatigue): 15-20 full range flys.
Choose about your 1rm for flys and do a one minute deep chest fascia stretch.
Rest one minute and repeat 3-5 times.

There is science behind fascia stretches, but from feeling it will stretch the chest width wise allowing for a fuller pump and muscle expansion/blood flow. Again the last part is just feeling, so you will have to see for yourself.
Opening the chest up with a stretch along with extra upper back work will improve posture which will make your chest look better.