Construction Worker, Diet Help

[quote]billaJ wrote:
Thx football, that some good info right there. I need to read into the product ON.

I am only taking whey protein right now but I am thinking about making the switch to N.O Xplode for my pre and post workout shake. Know anything about N.O Xplode?[/quote]

N.O. Explode is a waste of money. I used to think it was good, but then once I got past all the hype, I realized it was just sugar water with arginine in it. I believe there are some articles on here just completely bashing the use of N.O boosters. Just like BSN’s cell mass Creatine. The CEE(creatine ehtyl ester) has been proven to be junk in a bottle.

I forget where the forum was in here, if you look you may find it, but there is a study posted proving that the creatine ester is junk. If I were you, this is what I’d do. Go out, get yourself some BCAA powder, some glutamine powder, and some Creatine Monohydrate and some crystal light packets to kill the bitter taste of it all, haha.

Do 5g sometime during the day of creatine then before your workout do 5g of glutamine and BCAAS(you’ll need like half a packet of crystal light to kill the bitter taste of the BCAA powder). Then post workout do another 5g of creatine, 5-7g BCAA’s, and 5g glutamine with 30g sugary carbs and 35g Whey Protein Isolate.

About an hour and a half after that little post workout combo eat your next meal that you would normally eat. For me its usually dinner which consists of high protein and moderate fat. I’ll eat dark veggies with it too, I don’t like high carbs later at night since I try to stay fairly lean. Check out my profile, I have the BCAA, creatine and glutamine brands listed I believe. They are the cheapest powders I was able to find.

I dont say much on this site but have been a reader for the last 4 years or so. But I can say alittle about this. I have worked const for the last 10 years and started out around 155-160 and worked my way up to a lean 200 at 5’11" in around 4 years. I found out a few things, when you think you are eating enough YOUR NOT try twice that. And when you think you have enough intensity in the gym YOU DONT try harder!!! READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN. TALK TO EVERYONE YOU CAN. And dont ever stop trying to learn. soak it all up man

[quote]football061 wrote:
billaJ wrote:
Thx football, that some good info right there. I need to read into the product ON.

I am only taking whey protein right now but I am thinking about making the switch to N.O Xplode for my pre and post workout shake. Know anything about N.O Xplode?

N.O. Explode is a waste of money. I used to think it was good, but then once I got past all the hype, I realized it was just sugar water with arginine in it. I believe there are some articles on here just completely bashing the use of N.O boosters. Just like BSN’s cell mass Creatine. The CEE(creatine ehtyl ester) has been proven to be junk in a bottle.

I forget where the forum was in here, if you look you may find it, but there is a study posted proving that the creatine ester is junk. If I were you, this is what I’d do. Go out, get yourself some BCAA powder, some glutamine powder, and some Creatine Monohydrate and some crystal light packets to kill the bitter taste of it all, haha.

Do 5g sometime during the day of creatine then before your workout do 5g of glutamine and BCAAS(you’ll need like half a packet of crystal light to kill the bitter taste of the BCAA powder). Then post workout do another 5g of creatine, 5-7g BCAA’s, and 5g glutamine with 30g sugary carbs and 35g Whey Protein Isolate.

About an hour and a half after that little post workout combo eat your next meal that you would normally eat. For me its usually dinner which consists of high protein and moderate fat. I’ll eat dark veggies with it too, I don’t like high carbs later at night since I try to stay fairly lean. Check out my profile, I have the BCAA, creatine and glutamine brands listed I believe. They are the cheapest powders I was able to find.[/quote]

I think I need to read this a couple times to understand what you were saying lol. Thx for the intriguing info!

[quote]billaJ wrote:
football061 wrote:
billaJ wrote:

I am only taking whey protein right now but I am thinking about making the switch to N.O Xplode for my pre and post workout shake. Know anything about N.O Xplode?

About an hour and a half after that little post workout combo eat your next meal that you would normally eat. For me its usually dinner which consists of high protein and moderate fat. I’ll eat dark veggies with it too, I don’t like high carbs later at night since I try to stay fairly lean. Check out my profile, I have the BCAA, creatine and glutamine brands listed I believe. They are the cheapest powders I was able to find.

I think I need to read this a couple times to understand what you were saying lol. Thx for the intriguing info!

[/quote]

Hahaha. In a nutshell, get some BCAA powder, Creatine Monohydrate, and Glutamine powder. Do 5g creatine in the morning and 5g after workout. Do 5g BCAA’s before workout, then 5-7g BCAA, 5g Glutamine, 35g Protein and 30g sugary carbs post workout.