Construct a Better Training Drink

Help me construct a better training drink with a limited budget.

My current concoction is:

½ serving (1 scoop) Of Surge Workout Fuel. Full serving gets me too chunky over time. 94 cents
5 grams of Creatine . 13 cents
10 grams of BCAAs. Non-Biotest. 66 cents

Total of $1.73 per training session.
5 sessions per week = $8.65
20 session per month = $34.60

This mixture has given me the endurance I have been looking for while not pounding me with carbs. I have tried the Indigo stacks with the multiple servings of SWF, the previous version of MAG-10, finabars etc. I could lift for days but really at the end got strong and fat.

I should mention I am already using Indigo (autoship price) and take that prior to my pre-training meal, so I do have plenty of carbs in me by the time I hit the gym.
I am just interested in another opinion or if you have had some good experiences with constructing your own brew, please share. Also, Plazma etc looks cool but I could not honestly justify the cost, so no to that upfront.
Thanks in advance.

Bump for any thoughts…thanks.

Rather than trying to create your own, I’d suggest using 1 serving of MAG-10. It gives you 20g of the best proteins (casein hydrolysate) and 11g of the same carbs that are in Plazma.

I wasn’t going to say anything but since you bumped your own thread for any thoughts…you’re barking up the wrong tree asking for advice on how to “construct a better training drink” than a company is making on a said company’s website. Sorry.

Much appreciated. Just looking for different thoughts, opinions and experiences.

You are using $1.73 per workout very efficiently already. You could save a little bit – a very little bit, about five cents – by reducing the creatine to say 3 g, as for most 5 g is noticeably better than 3 g while the body is building up stores, but after that a difference can be hard or impossible to detect. However, you can’t buy anything significant for further improvement for 5 cents!

I think you’re making an excellent choice to meet that budget for the workout drink.

As mentioned, if willing to make a more significant but still not large increase, I also would use MAG-10.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
You are using $1.73 per workout very efficiently already. You could save a little bit – a very little bit, about five cents – by reducing the creatine to say 3 g, as for most 5 g is noticeably better than 3 g while the body is building up stores, but after that a difference can be hard or impossible to detect. However, you can’t buy anything significant for further improvement for 5 cents!

I think you’re making an excellent choice to meet that budget for the workout drink.

As mentioned, if willing to make a more significant but still not large increase, I also would use MAG-10.[/quote]

Thank you for your input, Bill. Means a TON coming from you. I’ll take another look at the MAG-10 option.

You’re very welcome! :slight_smile: