T Nation

Constantly Hungry On EC Supplement

I recently started taking a product called Hellfire Eph150, which contains 150mg ephedra (20% alkaloids) and 150mg caffeine along with other less powerful fat burning ingredients. While my energy in the gym has been great, I find I am constantly hungry and preoccupied with food.

I am attempting to follow a very strict diet, so perhaps this is the reason rather than the supplement, or has any body else had this experience while taking EC? I know that some people add aspirin to the mix, but the jury is out as to whether this achieves anything or not. How much aspirin should I take, if I were to add it to the mix? I take the capsules 2ce a day.

[quote]Waif No More wrote:
I recently started taking a product called Hellfire Eph150, which contains 150mg ephedra (20% alkaloids) and 150mg caffeine along with other less powerful fat burning ingredients. While my energy in the gym has been great, I find I am constantly hungry and preoccupied with food.

I am attempting to follow a very strict diet, so perhaps this is the reason rather than the supplement, or has any body else had this experience while taking EC? I know that some people add aspirin to the mix, but the jury is out as to whether this achieves anything or not. How much aspirin should I take, if I were to add it to the mix? I take the capsules 2ce a day.[/quote]

I don’t know what jury is out on aspirin in the eca stack but that is a different issue. The aspirin prolongs the effects of the ephedra, that is why people take it.

Depending on where you live, in Canada you can get ephedrine hcl for asthma, in the USA you can still find ephedrine hcl in primatene tablets, also used to treat asthma. It has a decongestant added but it is the real ephedrine hcl. You can also get ephedrine sulfate, or something in a product called bronkaid. It is again paired with the same decongestant. The ephedrine hcl seems to be king. Simply combine either asthma medication to get 24-25mg ephedrine with 200mg caffeine pill and a baby aspirin and you have a eca stack that will work. That crap you are taking now is a waste of money.

You do have to get both bronkaid and primatene from the pharmacy and they check your Id and have you sign something saying you will not use it for purposes other than described on the box.

Waif No More

Your hunger issues are mostly influenced by your bodies need for fuel (Glucose). Watch out that you donâ??t spike your glucose by eating or drinking something that is high in carbohydrates. If you spike your glucose, your pancreases will see the elevated blood glucose releasing a tidal wave of insulin causing a hypoglycemic state creating hunger.

If you must consume carbohydrates, drink a class of fiber as this will slow the uptake of glucose in the blood.

Hunger can be managed by keeping glucose levels between 80-100. You can get a glucose meter from Wal Mart for $25. When your hungry, check your sugar. It may read 60-70. Eat something that slowly raises your sugar to around 100.

ECAs hua?
The formula is 200mg of each.
You can get over the counter 240mg pseudoephedrine, and two Excedrin that has 200mg caffeine and 200mg aspirin. Its cheaper.

I do not recommend ECAs but if it safely works for you, fine.

The best way to eat for loosing weight is to keep your glucose levels 70-80. At this point when you exercise, you will maximize you ability to burn fat.

Good Luck!

I just started a EC stack with out asprin. I am way less hungry than normal actually. But if you are on a strict diet you would expect to be hungry all the time no? To me that means fat is getting burnt.

[quote]Med Pro wrote:
ECAs hua?
The formula is 200mg of each.
You can get over the counter 240mg pseudoephedrine, and two Excedrin that has 200mg caffeine and 200mg aspirin. Its cheaper.

Good Luck!
[/quote]

surly you do not mean to take 200mg of ephedrine hcl a day?

[quote]lens_d wrote:

[quote]Med Pro wrote:
ECAs hua?
The formula is 200mg of each.
You can get over the counter 240mg pseudoephedrine, and two Excedrin that has 200mg caffeine and 200mg aspirin. Its cheaper.

Good Luck!
[/quote]

surly you do not mean to take 200mg of ephedrine hcl a day? [/quote]

I hope not!

lens_d wrote: surly you do not mean to take 200mg of ephedrine hcl a day?

lens-d… no I mean 240mg of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and/or pseudoephedrine sulfate.
It works very well!!!

Here is a Wiki link. See for your self:

I discovered it when I had headaches so bad I would knock out.
I stated taken 240mg of pseudoephedrine and Excedrin and it worked well. I also found it gave me a strong ECA effect. I found others that said the same. I researched the chemical reactions and found it works very well!