Constant Tension vs Rest Pause

[quote]xdsho wrote:

[quote]bambarumi wrote:
Dude no offence but i dont like the way you look… your bodyfat is something like 30%+
and you look more like a Powerlifter.
400 pounds is not that impressive for 265 lbs guy.[/quote]

LOL

SteelyD is so weak and small not impressive at all[/quote]

I’m such a little skinny bitch!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

I’m such a little skinny bitch![/quote]

QFT…and ^ just hasn’t made ANY progress at all!!!

(please turn on your sarcasm detectors)

I agree with kakno on the def. Of rest pause.

Its used with mike mentzers h.I.T. training.

Or you could look into gvt.

Maybe windlers 5/3/!

Perhaps you would spare some time and try ibodybuilder or hss-100?

Hmmm, I’m thinking that CW’s 10x3 would produce the most gains?

How about…wait, jus realized I’ve severly hurt your progress.
I figured since u having trouble with ct and rp that ur gonna shii when u read the protocols in a advanced program…

Have you tried either of these methods yet?

LOL @ the thought that a 4 plate bench isn’t impressive. Particularly coming from someone that can’t even squat 4 plates, let alone walk it out and would commit suicide trying to bench it…

Fuck me sideways if the internet isn’t a breading ground for “retarded”.

wow, it seemed as if Steely was generally going to engage you in a serious dialogue about your question and you shun him by insulting him, (saying no offense does not give you a free pass to offend)…this forum never ceases to amaze me.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Whichever one works best for you. Or both. Or one now, one later, then both at another time. Or some on certain exercises, depending on your specific leverages, exercise selections, and which bodyparts you’re training. WAY too many variables to give an across-the-board answer. Just experiment on yourself, pay attention to the results, and base your decisions off of that. [/quote]

agree with this.hard question to answer.

if you are frozen on the subject a solution may be to lift to hit 4 or 5 reps using greater weight rest pause and then drop set a 4-8 reduced weight set not locking out.

eg
bench press

4 reps@120 kg
no rest
6 reps 90kg.

good volume across 3 or 4 sets and touching on both protocols.

just thinking out loud.hope its of some help.

Give me a T… Give me an R… Give me an O… Give me an L… Another L… what does that spell?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]bambarumi wrote:
I told you that i just start doing squats and deadlifts (Was doing only stiff legged) i had some Knee problem.

Dude no offence but i dont like the way you look… your bodyfat is something like 30%+
and you look more like a Powerlifter.
400 pounds is not that impressive for 265 lbs guy.[/quote]

Dude, I’m cool with “looking like a powerlifter” (way to go insulting a whole forum of people bigger and stronger than you, btw). The fact is, 10%, 20%, 50% fat, wherever I go, literally, the conversation turns to asking me how much I lift (without my prompting). Incidentally, you have no idea what my BF is or could be (not that it really matters).

I’m not a “powerlifter” and I’m not a “bodybuilder”. I lift weights and in clothes I look like I lift weights.

Whether “400 lbs for a 265 lb guy” is impressive or not is irrelevant. What’s relevant is that what I’m doing in the gym is working- and it ain’t worrying about minutiae (and what Internet warriors think of my physique).

When’s the last time you attracted spectators with your lifts in a gym? While that may seem conceited an d indulgent, it’s not. I’m still a long way from where I want to be, but what it is is an indicator that I’m making real, noticeable progress. It’s an indicator that I’m starting to stand out, because that’s what strangers (like real people in person standing next to me, not iWarriors) tell me, increasingly more often.

I don’t consider myself ‘amongst the biggest and strongest’, yet, I still stand out in the gyms I go to regularly across the country.

Tell you what- you keep worrying about minutiae like “TUT” and “RP” and bodyfat percentage numbers. I’ll keep getting stronger.

Good luck, brah![/quote]

As i told you its not about getting stronger its about bodybuilding
Good luck with getting strong and getting fat

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
wow, it seemed as if Steely was generally going to engage you in a serious dialogue about your question and you shun him by insulting him, (saying no offense does not give you a free pass to offend)…this forum never ceases to amaze me.
[/quote]

Exactly this.

Because apparently lifting progressively heavier weights, resulting in 5 some inches of arms growth (amongst other things) but not walking around in contest condition all year round couldn’t possibly be useful or related to bodybuilding especially in a beginner’s thread about “hypertrophy”.

That’s OK. My grossly obese fat ass gets more attention and questions about ‘bodybuilding’ than this guy ever will. How could I possibly be offended by trollish retards?

Now, where’s that thread about sarcoplasmic hypertrophy vs myofibrillar hypertrophy? I mean, progress is STALLING without answers to these very practical and applicable questions!!

[quote]bambarumi wrote:
Good luck with getting strong and getting fat[/quote]

LMAO! Cool story, brozilla!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
[/quote]

Exactly this.

Because apparently lifting progressively heavier weights, resulting in 5 some inches of arms growth (amongst other things) but not walking around in contest condition all year round couldn’t possibly be useful or related to bodybuilding especially in a beginner’s thread about “hypertrophy”.

[/quote]

lifting heavier weights-----------gain-------------that’s BB!!!
good post man

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
LOL @ the thought that a 4 plate bench isn’t impressive. Particularly coming from someone that can’t even squat 4 plates, let alone walk it out and would commit suicide trying to bench it…

Fuck me sideways if the internet isn’t a breading ground for “retarded”.[/quote]

X 2 OP maybe this weight lifting thing is not for you.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]bambarumi wrote:

LMAO! Cool story, brozilla![/quote]

i guess it’s a good thing i didn’t give any advice in this thread.

Bunch of fatties in here!!!

I lol’d.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]bambarumi wrote:

LMAO! Cool story, brozilla![/quote]

i guess it’s a good thing i didn’t give any advice in this thread.
[/quote]

GASP!!! A real bona-fide POWERLIFTER!! in the BODYBUILDING forum… – Don’t … you … DARE !!!

This thread prolly weighs like 100,000 pounds. Shewwww fatty fuppas!

[quote]bambarumi wrote:

Yeah brah, you tell em, bodybuilding is not about getting stronger.

Former T-Nation poster “meganewb”

Dude focused on getting crazy strong, got hurt, still lifts redic’ heavy (he hit 675 x 10 DLing a few weeks ago), but fixed his diet and is ballin’

At 17 y/o at close to 400 lbs bw

At 20 y/o at 255

This is pure entertainment gold. Thanks OP. That was awesome. I have nothing useful to add. I just had to stop by and rubberneck the train wreck.