Conspiracy Theories

Biggest fucking conspiracy ever.THE WAR ON DRUGS. Senior Bush was taking cash from Barry Seal (cocaine smuggler) the whole time they were in the white house. They let this guy off of an 80 million dollar back tax bill and his sole occupation was smuggling cocaine. They then let him play both sides and he started smuggling with US. military planes. All the while innocent villagers in foreign countries are getting slaughtered and americans are being forced to pay ridiculous prices and thrown in jail for shit every member of the white house was doing.

D_END: what?!? Can you elaborate on where you got that one? Never heard it before…

I actually have a pretty strong background in American government and Constitutional law. American’s civil rights, particularly the ones secured in the First and Second Amendment, are frequently placed on the back burner in favor of “common sense” and the “public good”.

Here’s an example of what I mean:

http://www.ccr-ny.org/whatsnew/usa_patriot_act.asp

(remove spaces when pasting link)

The Patriot Act was a short-sighted, downright asinine piece of legislation that will not, actually, CANnot, do what it was designed to do. Congress has given unprecedented power to the executive branch of the U.S. government. Once power is granted, it is nearly impossible to take it away. I shudder to think of what the feds are doing with their newly granted investigative powers.

Yet another example can be found in gun control laws. In every other instance of Constitutional law, the burden of proof is on Uncle Sam. You want to prevent me from exercising my 2nd Amendment rights to own a MILITARY firearm (as was explicitly intended by the founders of our government)? Then YOU (meaning the government, State and/or Federal as the case may be) must prove why I should not be allowed to do so. Contrast that with the laws of my new home, NY state, where the citizen must prove to the government why they should be ALLOWED to exercise their Constitutionally secured 2nd Amendment rights. NY State is ass-backwards according to a literal interpretation of the law, as well as the law’s justification, as recorded in public papers by the men who developed it in the first place. But the state law still stands because the public has bought hook, line, and sinker, the idea that more guns=more gun violence, and as a result have given up their own civil rights.

Gotta run, the sidesaddle shotshell carrier for my shotgun just got here and I’m too giddy to keep answering. :)

Seriously. You’ve never heard this? Ever since the gov’t got into the Drug War, the gov’t has been the single biggest smuggler. Our gov’t thinks it is better to be in bed with the drug lords because they pay and they pay straight to the fucking top and if you think they don’t think again, rather than just let people here grow and produce their own. It is much better to have just a few people in control of that so they can make all the money. When in reality there should be almost no profit in drugs. This has nothing to do with Regan’s cunt wife thinking we all just have to say no. That fucking cunt wanted all the cash to herself in the most disgusting way possible. At the time Bush was running all that shit and taking cash sums that would make anyone ill. Noreiga and Oliver North come to mind but the list goes on and on.

oh yeah, that stuff with bush went on, as a matter of fact the rise of crack-cocaine occured during the reagan-bush era, and it was tough to get a conviction becuase the latin-american drug smnugglers had ties to the cia and george bush who worked for the cia for many years and had once been its director. you can read all about this in the book dark alliance:the cia,the contras, and the crack-cocaine explosion. for info on bill clinton and drugs in arkansas read the boys on the tracks.

Random, just pick up any book on Roswell. Before long you’ll see how everything just doesn’t seem to match up with the government’s explanation for the crash. Quite obviously I might add.
< >
You are right about some conspiracies being biased because of people wanting to believe. You just have to be careful of your sources. Don’t forget to check the net too. It’s always a good source.

My conspiracy theory:
Bill Phillips had TC assasinated when he threatened to leave MM2K. Prior to that, Anthony Robbins was abducted and then replaced with an alien clone and that clone is responsible for inserting subliminal messages into Bill’s “Power of Positive Thinking” self-help tapes. It is these messages, my friends, that caused TC’s demise as well as the ever increasing lameness of MM2K…think about it…

Hooker, lol, only one problem with that conspiracy mate - How do you explain TC’s “reincarnation” here at Tmag?

I’ll give you a conspiracy…Soy!!! ARGH! All T-Men to be estrogenized. The super feminists have declared all men be castrated. God Help Us! (now that WOULD be a nightmare!)
All men who desire their manhood have 24 hours to leave before castration begins.

note: Our rebuttal? Go to hell bitches. A fight to the death! I think we know who’d win :slight_smile: hehe.

JFK conspiracy theories are a joke. Every conspiracy theory I’ve seen is full of flaws and loopholes, and uses unreliable witnesses. None of the theories manage to put together a cogent story that explains all the available evidence in the case. The only thing conspiracy theorists manage to do is point out tantalizing, suspicious coincidences and assume that it must be because of a conspiracy. If there really was a conspiracy in the JFK assassination, it would have to have been so massive, with so many people involved, that it would have been impossible to cover up. Occam’s Razor dictates that the simplest explanation consistent with the facts is the most likely explanation. The simplest explanation, which truly is consistent with all known facts in the case, is that Oswald was a nut who acted alone. I know people don’t want to believe that, and conspiracy theories are more “fun”, but that’s reality. Read Gerald Posner’s “Case Closed”, 2nd edition, which pretty much debunks all the major conspiracy theories out there.

posner’s book is a bunch of bullshit, and if you knew anything about guns, you would know that a manlicher carcano is a piece of shit rifle, and that there is absolutely no fucking way he could have gotten off three shots in 6.5 seconds!!! it was absolutely a conspiracy, and opinions differ, because no one knows for sure the exact details, but if you think it was just oswald you are either mentally incompetent or haven’t studied the case.

I read Posner’s book a while back and was struck by it’s blend of distortion of the facts and overall naivete. It ignores much of the incontrovertible evidence that lends so much weight in favour for a conspiracy theoreists.

Incontrivertible evidence? I have yet to see anything of the sort other than suspicious circumstantial evidence. The conspiracy theories I’ve seen are so far-fetched that I’m amazed how credulous some people are. Let’s take, for example, how Oswald got the job at the book depository. There’s no way he could have been planted there. First, he was hired there before the presidential motorcade was ever planned. Under the circumstances with which he got the job, ALONE, there would have had to dozens and dozens of people involved. All the people who turned him down for other jobs in the area (he had applied for quite a few) would have had to been involved, as well as his wife and his wife’s Quaker friends, and the man at the depository who finally hired him. This is just on this aspect…this isn’t to mention all the other aspects of the case where literally hundreds of people would need to be involved. Oh, and regarding the rifle you mention, a retired Army Special Forces combat veteran and expert sniper doesn’t agree with you. Go to http://www.isu.edu/~andesean/konspyr.htm for excellent information not only on the JFK assassination but conspiracy theories in general. Dr. Sean Anderson is an expert in government conspiracies and is a professor at Idaho State University. Conspiracy theories are fun, but unfortunately, regarding the JFK assasination, they are also big business, which causes me to question the motivations of many of the conspiracy theorists.

“posner’s book is a bunch of bullshit, and if you knew anything about guns, you would know that a manlicher carcano is a piece of shit rifle, and that there is absolutely no fucking way he could have gotten off three shots in 6.5 seconds!!!”

I happen to know a thing or two about guns. Three shots in 6.5 seconds is not impossible, especially for someone who was trained in the United States Marine Corps. Could he have fired three shots, at that distance, with that model rifle, at a moving target, and actually HIT what he was aiming at? You bet your ass he could have.

You conspiracy buffs who haven’t yet, should take a listen to Art Bell’s AM radio show, “Coast to Coast”. It’s on late at night, when the REALLY interesting folks come out. You might even be tempted to call in.

Mike Mentzer finally realized that his one set theory was wrong so he faked his death to save face. Dan Duchaine read all of his old articles and realized everything was wrong and faked his death to save face. Bill Phillips realized that his body 4 life workout was overtraining everybody so he sold EAS disappeared from the bodybuilding scene. Shawn Phillips secretly visits this website everyday and uses all Biotest products.

Ever since DVDs became really popular, VHS tapes have become really shitty in quality.
I never had problems before, but now everytime I rent a VHS tape, it skips and stutters all over the place… even new ones. It’s not my player because it works fine on tapes I BUY, just not on tapes I rent. I thionk the video rental places are all taking magnets to their tapes so we all have to pay more for the DVDs. My wife thinks I’m crazy, but I really believe this.

sure, but with a fucking manlicher carcano? and oswald was not a great shooter he had “maggie’s drawers” which happens when the shooter missed the target. and posner’s book only argues one side of the case, like a lawyer (which he happens to be) and in the late 70s the House Select Committee on Assasinations concluded that JFK (and MLK as well) was assasinated as a result of “probable conspiracy which probably involved more than one person and that there was probably more than one gunmen.”
president lyndon johnson also belived there to be a conspiracy, FBI records reveal that “presidential assistant marvin watson called the FBI’s Cartha DeLoach and stated that 'the President had told him, in an off moment, that he was now convinced that there was a plot in connection with the assassination. Watson stated the President felt the CIA had something to do with this plot.” (FBI memorandum from DeLoach to Tolson [FBI second in command] April 4, 1967, document #62-109060-5075.)

to those that think we HAVE been to the moon, there is NO wind on the moon. How would our flag blow in the wind when there is none??

The flag was supported by a small pole holding it in position. It’s not rocket science.

A pole held it up? No way!!! I can’t possibly believe that the NASA scientists would have been smart enough to put a pole in a flag to hold it our straight in almost on gravity and no atmosphere!

Give me a break already! Whay possible gain would there be to faking a moon landing?????