T Nation

Consistent Injection Site Pain/Swelling/Redness

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, after reading dozens of different threads regarding my issue I started to feel my problem is specific.

I’m 26 and I’m using sustanon 250 and I have a friend who is also a nurse inject 1ml at a time. I am using 1.25inch needles for glute injections and 1inch for delts and different needles are used for drawing and injecting, I don’t think he is going all the way with the needles only about 2/3 the way.

The problem is that every injection is painful and it’s only getting worse, each time the injection site remains swollen for longer and the redness is much larger, even though we are paying more attention to reducing pain by following the tips online (heat muscle/heat the oil/inject slowly/ workout the muscle/lie down for injection…). I am wondering can injecting not deep enough cause this irritation, or could I have developed an allergy to the medicine?

What can I do to prevent the swelling?

Do them yourself. Take your time.

Sustanon is a mix of testosterones including propionate. The Test’ Propionate could well be the cause of the swelling. I get that every time I inject Sustanon. It doesn’t bother me much as I only inject once a week, not 2x week. Have you tried Tcypionate or enanthate instead?

One thing I mention frequently is gear with EO as an ingredient. I normally associate it high mg/ml products like test 400, but some companies use it on standard dose gear too. Some people have a bad reaction to EO, and it will cause some hellacious swelling and pain. Other guys are lucky and get no bad sides at all.

Anything with prop just pin in butt cheeks or rear delts… 1.5" Seems like alot. If your lean you can pin delts with.5" Slin pins… Imo 1" 23g is perfect 4 butt darts…
The prop is prolly causing the burn if its swollen could be bad juice maybe bacteria

This is the answer I was seeing everywhere. sustanon hurt and swells, I get it, but why are the symptoms getting worse? swelling used to last 6-7 days and now it’s staying there for 10+ days.

I’m definitely going for enanthate next time.