Considering Self-Prescribing TRT If Doctor Won't Help. Opinions?

Looks like this. You can even buy the ends made for a jig saw now.

2 Likes

I think I saw one of those on xvideos.com

2 Likes

@enackers
$20 Black & Decker jigsaw
$8 Massager tips

https://www.walmart.com/ip/75mm-Extended-Rod-Massage-Tip-Jigsaw-Massager-Adapter-Attachment-All-Booster-Massage-Gun-for-Body-Painful-Muscle-Relaxation/968599657?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=4654&adid=22222222228330489575&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=413974018706&wl4=pla-865544077848&wl5=9025154&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115056792&wl11=online&wl12=968599657&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0pfzBRCOARIsANi0g0vw4W-B3mWQIWaE-w8nePOsCM3aWJPH_Sz1oyoTOwV2aMaSlM2S9IUaAsO5EALw_wcB

1 Like

I’m having one of those bro-chuckles at this because despite the goofiness, it’s an extremely clever idea and I’m going to try it. Macgyvering is one of the quintessential manly qualities.

Were you able to hit it by yourself? That’s exactly where my troublesome knots live.

Yes and no. I used a $10 vice from home depot to hold it to the doorway when my girl was too busy giving me a bj to hold it. The combo really helps.

2 Likes

LMFAO

Been taking zinc supplements for about two weeks now. Noticing increased focus and attention span. I don’t know if I was deficient but I wouldn’t be surprised because I used to be an alcoholic and also taking Vyvanse which nuked my appetite, so combo 50 drinks a week with not much eating and you’ll often get zinc deficiency.

@systemlord I believe I recall you mentioning you’d had a zinc deficiency, if so, what benefits did you experience from restored levels?

New iron results are out. Doctor didn’t check iron he just checked ferratin but it’s looking like I’m no longer anemic.

Previous results:

Iron - 5.89umol/L (9-31)
UIBC - 47.7 umol/L (12.5-55.5)
TIBC - 53.59umol/L (43.4-76.5)
%Saturation - 11% (14-55)
Ferratin - 39.1ug/L (22-300)
Hemoglobin 141 (140-180)

Current results

Ferratin 87.3 ug/L (22-300)
Hemoglobin 153 (140-180)
Hematocrit .476 (.43-.54)

So it’s looking pretty good. Hematocrit hasn’t gone up too much and iron is better.

I still feel like I could feel better. Does anyone think I could continue the iron for another few weeks to get it a bit higher? Could that be beneficial?

@systemlord
@dextermorgan

Yes you can. Did you try methylcobalamin as well?

Yes. I’ve seen some decent effects on energy with that one. Definitely worth taking. Also zinc has helped me a ton with mental energy and anxiety. I think I was deficient

While I think this is an improvement, hopefully more time will show a little more improvement. My ferritin didn’t stabilize until I got to about 163 months after I began correcting my iron deficiency, but remember everyone is different.

The ferritin test is the gold standard for checking iron status.

@systemlord any word on zinc deficiency? I’ve started supplementation and noticing major changes in focus and anxiety, feel much better. Did you also experience this?

The zinc supplementation messed up my joints.

Regarding the improvements from iron supplementation, does it take time after iron levels improve to start noticing a difference?

Been a while since I posted. TRT still helping out I’ve been feeling pretty decent overall. Almost no depression anymore.

Anxiety still happening, I’m looking into getting glasses for my eyesight which is mostly fine but my left eye is very blurry in comparison to the right, and I’ve read that even mild eye problems can cause anxiety and other mental symtoms. We’ll see if maybe that’s the reason for the lingering anxiety.

Libido and erections still aren’t perfect but I’ve been doing some physio thats been helping erection strength and maybe a bit of a boost in libido too. Hoping to see it continue improving with time.

At this point I feel almost as good as I have in the past, the main difference is the anxiety. Really hoping to solve it eventually.

Hope everyone here is doing well

I just ready through your thread and your search for a solution reminded my of my own a couple of years ago. I was looking at any possible explanation for my low testosterone, low libido and frequent ED. I was looking at zinc, vitamin D, magnesium, boron, iodine, iron, calcium, low cholesterol, just to name a few… I don’t think that any of this is the key to solving the problem, they just take you deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. I honestly think that sexual dysfunction is mainly a psychological issue. And by that I don’t mean that it is just in your head and that there is no actual problem outside of it. But your mind affects your body (a great example is the powerful placebo effect) and I think this is definitely worth looking into. You also mention anxiety a lot and this can have a huge impact on libido and erectile function. And sometimes thinking about a problem can make the problem bigger than it is.

What I did not understand at all is how your back issue would be related to low libido. Libido is happening in the head and any issue that may exist between your head and your penis would not affect the starting point.

@mindphaser

The reason why back issues can affect libido and erections is because of the nerves that start at the spine and run down to the genitals. So in some cases, a back issue can affect the nerves of the penis and cause there to be less sensation. Libido is b affected when sensation is affected.

1 Like

Noticing something, on higher doses of T I’m more physically fatigued and my leg muscles are sore from work and continue to ache for the rest of the day. For a while I was on a pretty high dose but for the two months I was not working due to Covid I tried lowering dose, now about 3 weeks into returning to work I’ve tried upping dose again and boom, fatigue and soreness. Going to try lowering to 175mg per week split e3days.

Noticing an increase in libido, a noticable one for once. Could be because I dropped the dose a bit. Could be because I’ve been doing some excercises to help my issues regarding sensation. Either way I’m happy

1 Like

Think I may need to lower dose further, anxiety creeping up after injection day and then seems to go down in the days following