T Nation

Conservative Not Republican

Bob Barr joins the Libertarian Party:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/04/04/bob_barr/

Mistake, in my opinion. He should stay and fight for his ideas.

However, I empathize with his frustration. The GOP is so screwed up right now, that it could easily take a decade or more for them to recover their identity.

Quoted for truth. There’s no “consistent principle” in the word “team”.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Bob Barr joins the Libertarian Party:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/04/04/bob_barr/[/quote]

I am all for it. I am really happy about his change of heart particularly on his stance in the failing war on drugs. I once sent him a nasty-gram about it. It must of hit a nerve…

[quote]bradley wrote:

However, I empathize with his frustration. The GOP is so screwed up right now, that it could easily take a decade or more for them to recover their identity.

[/quote]

Hello, bradley (Imagine the hal 9000 voice from 2001/2010 whenever I type this)

You are certifiable.

This is a great time to join the dEMOCRATIC PARTY!!!

Hey, they are masters of foreign policy (see pelosi giving a message from olmert to asad (oops, he never gave her a message.)).

Hey, they support the troops (reid’s going to try to cut the funding.)

Hey, they are honorable caretakers of the public welfare (see mountains of pork attached to recent bill).

Hey, they have a unified and coherent message for our enemies (see trying to strike War on Terror from government documents).

The list goes on.

It’s a perfect time to be a democrat!!!

They are really special.

JeffR

George Bush is Republican but not conservative. In fact, he’s the best weapon the Dems have. Instead of enacting the Contract, with term limits, a Constitutional amendment to balance the budget, and so forth, he demonstrated how to corrupt the swing toward conservatism in this country. One would almost think that someone planned it that way…

It’ll take 20 years or more until conservatives have a chance again. Let’s hope we’re not tricked again by a phony conservative like GWB.

I see Jeff can’t stay on topic… the topic must really strike a tender nerve. So he lashes out.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
George Bush is Republican but not conservative. In fact, he’s the best weapon the Dems have. Instead of enacting the Contract, with term limits, a Constitutional amendment to balance the budget, and so forth, he demonstrated how to corrupt the swing toward conservatism in this country. One would almost think that someone planned it that way…

It’ll take 20 years or more until conservatives have a chance again. Let’s hope we’re not tricked again by a phony conservative like GWB.[/quote]

Holy moly, another smart and perceptive post from Headhunter??? You win a gold star, big guy. Correct again, George Bush is the BEST thing that’s happened to the Democratic party in YEARS. He is doing such an incredibly bad job, and he has strayed so far from the conservative’s traditional playbook, that it appears he is doing serious long-term damage. The GOP appears to be in dissarray, and most of the credit can be attributed to Bush’s various mis-steps, boondoggles, overreaches, and cronyism.

So as much as I complain about Bush, I secretly cheer him on. As far as I’m concerned, he’s the Dem’s best friend. And the good news is that Bush will still be on the front pages screwing up the presidency, during the 2008 elections.

Go Dubya, Go!

Now Jeffrey, how come you’re not as smart as Headhunter?

[quote]JeffR wrote:
bradley wrote:

Hello, bradley (Imagine the hal 9000 voice from 2001/2010 whenever I type this)

You are certifiable.

This is a great time to join the dEMOCRATIC PARTY!!!

Hey, they are masters of foreign policy (see pelosi giving a message from olmert to asad (oops, he never gave her a message.)).

Hey, they support the troops (reid’s going to try to cut the funding.)

Hey, they are honorable caretakers of the public welfare (see mountains of pork attached to recent bill).

Hey, they have a unified and coherent message for our enemies (see trying to strike War on Terror from government documents).

The list goes on.

It’s a perfect time to be a democrat!!!

They are really special.

JeffR

[/quote]

This could easily be done with the GOP as well. Propaganda through and through with you, JeffR. The GOP is all fucked up right now, the Dems have been all fucked up for awhile. The two party system sucks, and for America’s sake, I hope it’s fixed soon.