Consequences For Fighting Arrest?

Anyone here been arrested for fighting?

What happens?
Go to jail, spend a night. Maybe a court appearance?

Tonight I almost got into a scuffle w/ an @$$hole and a trainer @ the gym.

Man, theres a couple times in life, some punks just need to be cracked in the jaw!!!

I’m curious what the consequences are after?

How can it screw you over? It’s not a felony, so it cant realy mess up your employment record.

So what, you spend a night in jail, maybe a fine and or court appearance, maybe some com. service. No big deal!

[quote]MNguns wrote:

What happens?

Man, theres a couple times in life, some punks just need to be cracked in the jaw!!!

How can it screw you over? It’s not a felony, so it cant realy mess up your employment record.

So what, you spend a night in jail, maybe a fine and or court appearance, maybe some com. service. No big deal![/quote]

You’re an idiot. Was this meant to sound tough? You’ve taken the time to think about it and post it, and it still seems like a logical solution.

1.) It could easily, EASILY, escalate to felony status.

2.) You could get your ass handed to you.

I guess if getting smacked down, getting arrested and having a record–you do know that people go to jail for crimes that aren’t felonies, right. I suppose you have plenty of money for the lawyer the court costs and possible restitution if you do manage to get a punch in and hurt someone.

Obviously you have no reason to be proud of your character or what people think of you or your family if none of this even remotely pauses you to think that there may be some ramifications for such an action.

Please do us all a favor and throw that first punch, I mean, the guy was probably doing curls in the squat rack right?

Whoaa Whoaaa Whoaaa…

Relax feela.

Good to hear what you think about my post. That’s why I posted it.

Nut’n Happened. Chances are nutn will ever happ’n. I’m smarter then that.

I used the neg. vibe to power my workout. Made some good gains tonight too!!!

I vented on here. Instead of throwing a couple down.

I’m just curious if anyone here has been arrested for fighting. And what happened.

Simple assult is a misdemeanor, its an assult without weapons that is not meant to cause permanent injury. Aggravated assult is a felony, and it is an assult that is meant to cause serious harm, most often includes a weapon.

You can loose a lot of things if you get a felony charge. And Bubba LLOOOVVEESS slender built angry little boys like you at the big house. So don’t hit people, k?

getting arrested is only a fine. Its the consequential lawsuit from the person you punched that is what hurts.
After a year in court and legal fees you will soon rethink your actions.

In this day of age where everyone runs to thier lawyer for the littlest of things, i would think twice on kicking someones ass.

I agree though, sometimes some fuckers need a kick in the teeth, but, soon enough someone will do it, just dont let it be you.

Maxx power,

Good reply. Yeah some pricks need an ass whoopn. Won’t be me. But some day some one will get em.

Hell I’m going on 27, and realy haven’t ever been in a fight.

[quote]MNguns wrote:

What happens?

So what, you spend a night in jail, maybe a fine and or court appearance, maybe some com. service. No big deal![/quote]

Depends on the seriousness.

So far from 2 fights I have-

1. a total of 4 years of probation.

2. several weeks in county waiting for bond reduction hearings,

3. spent about 12k on attorneys,

4. Ruined any chance of ever getting a job that does criminal background checks. Had a girl at Starbucks laugh and crumple up the application- right in front of me.
    More recently, had a great offer pulled once the results came back. Position is still open.

You better get a damn good attorney.

You end up paying a lot more than fines and hospital bills.

Woops. Didn’t read the last part about you not going to it.

Alright, first, if you’re 27 and never been in a fight, I’d be willing to bet you wouldn’t be doing any ass kicking if you got in a fight. They never happen like you imagine them.

That being said, yeah, usually IF you get arrested (always run away after the fight) it might be a night in jail, which is no cakewalk by the way if you’ve never been. However, it can turn into a bad situation pretty quickly.

If you were to punch someone and say break their orbital and nose that would be a felony charge, and about seven grand in lawyer bills is just the beginning of your world of shit.

Soooo, grasshopper, if the situation arises where you do need to get in a fight, chances are that the consequences won’t matter anyways, because you will be fighting about something much more serious. I hope. Now go lift.

[quote]MNguns wrote:

What happens?

Here in Chicago (Cook County judicial system), you will go to jail unless you get bonded out. If you can’t make bond, you stay in jail until your next court appearance. Normally if you have no background you’ll get an I bond (released on your own recognizance).

Honestly it’s not worth getting into a fight nowadays. If you have any valuables and you beat your criminal charges you can (and likely will) still be sued in civil court for damages. That nice car of yours can now be your new gift to that trainer you mopped the floor with.

Don’t buy into this horseshit on how it won’t affect an employment background check. Employers say as long as you don’t have any felony convictions they’ll hire you. On a day to day basis I’ll see rap sheets with someone having multiple arrests with no convictions.

If an employer hires a PI to look into it they usually have connections with a police dept. The employer will be informed if you’re a problem child. I hate to sound so harsh but it’s the truth. You’ll never be told what the real reason is of course.

Now, this doesn’t include being temporarily incarcerated. Normally you’re mixed in with people off the street. People that are still coming off their high, gang members, armed robbers, etc. Potentially you’ll end up getting in another fight but this time it won’t be with a gym trainer. I see it happen each and every day.

My advice as an officer to you: DON’T DO IT, it’s not worth it.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

That’s ok, brother. Everyone makes mistakes and you sharing your experiences will hopefully help others. Good luck to you.

Honestly I wouldn’t be afraid of the legal trouble. I would be much more concerned with the chances of the guy stabbing me or shooting me, you know, just a couple little things to think about.

Greatly depends on the situation. Thankfully, I never got caught, but I have buddies who have.

If it’s simple assault, you get probation and spend a lot of money on lawyers.

If they sue you, you spend alot of money on lawyers and the settlement.

If it’s aggravated assault, or assault with a deadly weapon (which as I recall can sometimes be bumped up to attempted murder depending on the weapon), you spend a lot of money on lawyers, alot of money in the lawsuit, go to jail for any number of years depending on the seriousness.

Either way, it’s not worth it. I mean, I’m not going to lie and say that I haven’t gotten into many before, some that could have gotten me in serious fucking trouble, but once you take a decent shot that could have seriously hurt or killed you, you lose that zeal to get in a fight real quick.

[quote]MNguns wrote:
I’m smarter then that.
[/quote]

Hahaha… Ironic.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:

That’s ok, brother. Everyone makes mistakes and you sharing your experiences will hopefully help others. Good luck to you.

[/quote]

Yea, not the first time I’ve ever had to say “woops”.

Hopefully though, by putting it out there when asked, someone will get the picture that beating people up when you deem that someone needs their ass kicked is not just a good ole’ slap on the wrist, night in the clink type of thing.

every dog has his day.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Had a girl at Starbucks laugh and crumple up the application- right in front of me.
[/quote]

You should have beaten the shit out of her for that.

I didn’t see anyone mention the case of you punching someone and them knocking their head on something and dying from brain damage. This happens more than you think. That’s a manslaughter charge at a minimum. If any of you doubt this, a guy I work with drew a case exactly like this for jury duty last year in Newark.

DB

Especially as a lifter, i would nt do it.

Crack some ahole in the jaw, he splits his wig on a table as he falls.

Assult charges, civil suit. God forbid he’s seriously hurt.

Guys w/ claim brain damage, and permanent disability on your a**.

Not worth the trouble.

DON’T GET ARRESTED???

you can leave you know, woop a little ass and drive away. if they go to the hospital a manditory police report will be filed, then it gets a little more complicated. no matter what, don’t talk to the police about it. don’t listen to the question’s don’t give them a chance to get a word in. just say fuck off, and hang up. worked for me! if you dont tell them shit they dont know shit.good luck

Fighting over a disagreement is pretty dumb. Fighting for your life is pretty smart.