Consensus On Pre-Workout Nutrition?

Protein+Carbs? Protein+Fat? What is the general rule of thumb when it comes to pre-workout nutrition? What combo gives you the most enegry without making you feel slugish when you hit the gym?

Carbs and protein. A protein fat meal can make you feel full and a little sluggish.

D

Do a search…no one wants to spoonfeed you.

Carbs and protein definitely.

Goal and individual dependent.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Carbs and protein. A protein fat meal can make you feel full and a little sluggish.

D[/quote]

all i needed, thanks.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Goal and individual dependent.
[/quote]

COPOUT!!

I joke. Your [sic] right as usual.

it don’t matter what you eat, i just want to feel a little hungry when i go to the gym. this assures me good gastric emptying of my Surge.

ideally i like to avoid high carb meals preceding my workout because i want to make sure my system is primed for rapid absorption of carbs and amino acids. not sure if it makes a difference. I’d like to know if there was any evidence to support or refute the idea.

I don’t agree with the statement that you should eat food that will fuel your workout. i think that should have been accomplished with prior meals. If the rest of your diet is sub par and you feel like you need to eat a huge meal to fuel your training, i think you’re working at a low efficiency level. laters pk