T Nation

Consensus on Fasted Cardio?

Regardless of opinions on distance running and maintaining muscle mass, I run long distances, mostly to train for a battery of fitness tests I have in four months, thats being said, If I were to do my running fasted in the morning, would I likely see much change in my body compositions as compared to just running? Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks.

From personal experience - the last time I was under 200lbs in the last 20 years, it was from not changing any other dietary or fitness aspect, other than briskly walking around 2-3 miles first thing in the morning.

I would say from pictures and memory that the weight loss from 215 or so was basically all fat. It took several months in duration.

From personal experience - the last time I was under 200lbs in the last 20 years, it was from not changing any other dietary or fitness aspect, other than briskly walking around 2-3 miles first thing in the morning.

I would say from pictures and memory that the weight loss from 215 or so was basically all fat. It took several months in duration.