T Nation

Congressman Warns of Obama Dictatorship

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081110/ap_on_go_pr_wh/congressman_obama_marxist_1;_ylt=AisdJiLcQM5rhGLY15EijOBh24cA

"WASHINGTON ? A Republican congressman from Georgia said Monday he fears that President-elect Obama will establish a Gestapo-like security force to impose a Marxist or fascist dictatorship.

“It may sound a bit crazy and off base, but the thing is, he’s the one who proposed this national security force,” Rep. Paul Broun said of Obama in an interview Monday with The Associated Press. “I’m just trying to bring attention to the fact that we may ? may not, I hope not ? but we may have a problem with that type of philosophy of radical socialism or Marxism.”"…

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
“It may sound a bit crazy and off base…”[/quote]

I wonder why?

[quote]pookie wrote:
SinisterMinister wrote:
“It may sound a bit crazy and off base…”

I wonder why?

[/quote]

Come on pookie, if PWI isn’t the place for this type of tin-foil hat stuff, where is?

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081110/ap_on_go_pr_wh/congressman_obama_marxist_1;_ylt=AisdJiLcQM5rhGLY15EijOBh24cA

"WASHINGTON ? A Republican congressman from Georgia said Monday he fears that President-elect Obama will establish a Gestapo-like security force to impose a Marxist or fascist dictatorship.

“It may sound a bit crazy and off base, but the thing is, he’s the one who proposed this national security force,” Rep. Paul Broun said of Obama in an interview Monday with The Associated Press. “I’m just trying to bring attention to the fact that we may ? may not, I hope not ? but we may have a problem with that type of philosophy of radical socialism or Marxism.”"…
[/quote]

I think Obama was NOT born in Indonesia, but actually in Rome. Someone should also check for a 666 tatooed on his head somewheres.

Seriously though, the only way to make socialism work is by forcing people to work. It won’t work easily these days because more work is knowledge based. How does one order a creative scientist to think? Can’t be done.

Sure, he’s certainly jumping to conclusions – something he acknowledges. I don’t see Obama becoming anything similar to a Hitler or Stalin. But if he’s not looking to become a dictator, why does he need the dictatatorial powers with which a police state would provide him?

The very fact that Obama feels comfortable suggesting that “WE’VE GOT TO HAVE a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded” – all while moving towards restrictions on the rights of civilians to bear arms – makes me VERY uncomfortable. Who exactly is he going to protect me from?

Does the idea of a police state not make you a bit uneasy? Not even a little bit?

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Come on pookie, if PWI isn’t the place for this type of tin-foil hat stuff, where is? [/quote]

The conspiracy stuff is a lot more fun when it at least tries to be subtle.

Why not worry that Obama is going to call an airstrike on Alabama as his first executive order? Operation ThunderCracker.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Seriously though, the only way to make socialism work is by forcing people to work.

[/quote]

How is his tax plan going to work then? If people are forced to work, then there will be no one sitting around on welfare to give the money to that he takes from the working! Blasphemy!!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

I think Obama was NOT born in Indonesia, but actually in Rome. Someone should also check for a 666 tatooed on his head somewheres.
[/quote]

and the end of the world is predicted for the year 2012. interesting.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I think Obama was NOT born in Indonesia, but actually in Rome. Someone should also check for a 666 tatooed on his head somewheres.

and the end of the world is predicted for the year 2012. interesting.[/quote]

That’s unpossible. Issac Newton predicted that the Rapture could occur no earlier then 2060.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Come on pookie, if PWI isn’t the place for this type of tin-foil hat stuff, where is?

The conspiracy stuff is a lot more fun when it at least tries to be subtle.

Why not worry that Obama is going to call an airstrike on Alabama as his first executive order? Operation ThunderCracker.

[/quote]

How did you learn about Operation ThunderCracker!!?!?!??? Be careful, you’re going to get T-Nation shut down by the feds!

Obama has proposed a civilian security force and broad gun control measures. He did it himself. No one made this theory up.

Is it out of bounds for an elected official to ask what the purpose of the security force will be and why they are being formed?

Hell the lefties went nuts over rumors that their precious freedoms that others fought to preserve for them were being threatened. Now the very candidate they swore oath to proposes something like this and the silence is deafening.

The Obama minions who voted for him have already been assimilated into the collective, it’s not like they are the one’s who will question the Great Leader.

Well at least he has the USA Patriot Act to help him out on his quest.

There’s really no doubt Obama is a facist. As HH/ARL pointed out, he’ll probably use the Black Panthers to enforce his tyrany. I just wish the damn liberal media would cover it.

ater his 2 terms as president you won’t even reconise this country.

Obama is a bad dood no doubt, but calling him out like that now, gives the appearance of being a kook, even if he may have a point. I know Obama said these things, but he said a lot of things. A presidency is not a kingship.

He cannot just do what ever the hell he wants. Yes, he has a democratic congress and all that, but if you look at the structure of government that we have set up, we have a lot of checks and balances. Obama will not be able to do a lot of the things he said he was going to do…

No president really ever has done more than like 5% of what they said they were going to do on the campaign trail…

If you do not like his policies, keep the pressure on him. Write him, write the congress and keep doing it. If enough people do that, he can be easily contained. It just takes a little effort on our part.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Well at least he has the USA Patriot Act to help him out on his quest.[/quote]

I thought that expired already…I know it’s renewal failed.

Many of the act’s provisions were to sunset beginning December 31, 2005, approximately 4 years after its passage. In the months preceding the sunset date, supporters of the act pushed to make its sunsetting provisions permanent, while critics sought to revise various sections to enhance civil liberty protections.

In July 2005, the U.S. Senate passed a reauthorization bill with substantial changes to several sections of the act, while the House reauthorization bill kept most of the act’s original language. The two bills were then reconciled in a conference committee that was criticized by Senators from both the Republican and Democratic parties for ignoring civil liberty concerns.[1] The bill, which removed most of the changes from the Senate version, passed Congress on March 2, 2006 and was signed into law by President George W. Bush on March 9, 2006.

wiki baby

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
pookie wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Come on pookie, if PWI isn’t the place for this type of tin-foil hat stuff, where is?

The conspiracy stuff is a lot more fun when it at least tries to be subtle.

Why not worry that Obama is going to call an airstrike on Alabama as his first executive order? Operation ThunderCracker.

How did you learn about Operation ThunderCracker!!?!?!??? Be careful, you’re going to get T-Nation shut down by the feds![/quote]

As someone who has white family members that live in Alabama, fuck off you ignorant pricks.

As for me, disarming the public and creating a quasi-military police force that reports directly to the president worries me.

Whether Obama is well intentioned or not, that is a lot of power for one man.

That is exactly what Hitler did, and I’m sure all the people in Germany would have called a person a kook for predicting what did eventually happen in that case.

It’s what he is trying to give himself the ability to do that scares me.

My stance on gun control has always been this: Any president that doesn’t see the value in a gun for personal protection should start first by disarming the secret service.

Obama as you might recall requested SS protection earlier than any candidate in history.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
As someone who has white family members that live in Alabama, fuck off you ignorant pricks.[/quote]

You mean that guy who’s your uncle, brother, dad and first cousin?