Congress Reviews Law on Supplements

I didn’t know whether to post this here or the PWI, but I think it’ll get more views here.

As soon as I start losing my hair then I am hitting the roids for defo

I love how they display a nitrus oxide product prominently in an article about steroids.

Sometimes I really, REALLY fucking hate what my government wastes our money on.

Is there not more important shit to be working on right now?

I’m curious if these products even contain ‘steroids’ or not. I am not well versed in bodybuilding supplements but I can’t say I have ever seen a legal product produce steroid-like results and/or sides.

[quote]kheaslim wrote:
I’m curious if these products even contain ‘steroids’ or not. I am not well versed in bodybuilding supplements but I can’t say I have ever seen a legal product produce steroid-like results and/or sides.[/quote]

I believe that the problem lies with Prohormones, since they are the next step down from actual Steriods.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
kheaslim wrote:
I’m curious if these products even contain ‘steroids’ or not. I am not well versed in bodybuilding supplements but I can’t say I have ever seen a legal product produce steroid-like results and/or sides.

I believe that the problem lies with Prohormones, since they are the next step down from actual Steriods.[/quote]

Right. That sounds about right.

To my knowledge, in Canada pro-hormones are not sold over the counter. I do know people who use them but are ordered online. Grey area I suppose.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
kheaslim wrote:

I believe that the problem lies with Prohormones, since they are the next step down from actual Steriods.[/quote]

What most people refer to as prohormones are better referred to as pro-steroids. They are actual steroids that got through the loopholes. Often they are already existing steroids that never saw the light of day, so they were not specifically listed as a banned substance or a banned substance that was “tweaked” to get by.

The stupid thing is, when people buy them, I would hazard to guess 99% of them know EXACTLY what they are doing. However, they don’t research or study or even pay attention to the warnings that the manufacturers put on these things. They will take more than the recommended amount thinking more is better and when their health gets screwed, they want to blame the manufacturer when they know the didn’t follow directions and didn’t think about the risks involved.

A prime example is a few months ago, a friend of mine who has worked out with me and should have known better, called on behalf of some 19 year old kid he worked with to ask me what pro-steroid this kid should take. I told him promptly, a 19 year old has more natural test floating around in his system than any steroid could provide and the kid needs to worry about learning how to eat right and lift. Who wants to bet that kid went out and bought something anyway, even with what I told him?

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
kheaslim wrote:

I believe that the problem lies with Prohormones, since they are the next step down from actual Steriods.

What most people refer to as prohormones are better referred to as pro-steroids. They are actual steroids that got through the loopholes. Often they are already existing steroids that never saw the light of day, so they were not specifically listed as a banned substance or a banned substance that was “tweaked” to get by.

The stupid thing is, when people buy them, I would hazard to guess 99% of them know EXACTLY what they are doing. However, they don’t research or study or even pay attention to the warnings that the manufacturers put on these things. They will take more than the recommended amount thinking more is better and when their health gets screwed, they want to blame the manufacturer when they know the didn’t follow directions and didn’t think about the risks involved.

A prime example is a few months ago, a friend of mine who has worked out with me and should have known better, called on behalf of some 19 year old kid he worked with to ask me what pro-steroid this kid should take. I told him promptly, a 19 year old has more natural test floating around in his system than any streoid could provide and the kid needs to worry about learning how to eat right and lift. Who wants to bet that kid went out and bought something anyway, even with what I told him?[/quote]

I have my money on him taking it, and taking twice the recommended dose too.

In today’s “I want it, and I want it NOW. Fuck working for something” world, we all know he took that shit.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
lewhitehurst wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
kheaslim wrote:

A prime example is a few months ago, a friend of mine who has worked out with me and should have known better, called on behalf of some 19 year old kid he worked with to ask me what pro-steroid this kid should take. I told him promptly, a 19 year old has more natural test floating around in his system than any steroid could provide and the kid needs to worry about learning how to eat right and lift. Who wants to bet that kid went out and bought something anyway, even with what I told him?

In today’s “I want it, and I want it NOW. Fuck working for something” world, we all know he took that shit.
[/quote]

Exactly. And then blame everybody else but yourself when you were the one who screwed up.

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
lewhitehurst wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
kheaslim wrote:

Exactly. And then blame everybody else but yourself when you were the one who screwed up.[/quote]

lol, right because lord knows no one takes responsibility anymore.

I bet he sues that company too. Nothing like getting some money you didn’t earn off the back of someone who did.