Congratulations KU!!

I want to send a big congratulations to my young men at KU for an outstanding performance this season. That was likely one of the best match-ups I’ve ever witnessed and a beautiful end for us KU fans.

Congratulations!

HECK of a game we were all treated to tonight.

Between this one and the Superbowl, 2008 has already been an amazing year for championship matchups.

[quote]chillain wrote:
HECK of a game we were all treated to tonight.

Between this one and the Superbowl, 2008 has already been an amazing year for championship matchups.

[/quote]

My sis mentioned the same thing. Great year for the underdogs; so maybe the KC Royals will do some good this year?

Don’t jinx them man! Don’t you know anything about baseball??

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Don’t jinx them man! Don’t you know anything about baseball??[/quote]

Not really. I only played contact sports; with the exception of track. Although, my heel made a lot of contact with hurdles.

Good! I’m tired of the “Usuals” winning seemingly every year: UNC, DUKE, UCLA, etc.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Good! I’m tired of the “Usuals” winning seemingly every year: UNC, DUKE, UCLA, etc.[/quote]

Each of those three teams has won only once in the last 14 years.

Plus, Kansas isn’t exactly a Cinderella themselves.

[quote]jackzepplin wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
Don’t jinx them man! Don’t you know anything about baseball??

Not really. I only played contact sports; with the exception of track. Although, my heel made a lot of contact with hurdles.[/quote]

Ahhh. I see. Well, baseball is one of the most superstitious sports there is, by long tradition. So, talking about something = bad. Like you never see people sitting by a pitcher going for a no-hitter or shut-out game. They just don’t talk to him at all. And the announcers never mention it either. Similar things happen with other record attempts, etc. Hah, ok, so I’ve spent my life on the baseball field.

The more you know… :slight_smile: