Congratulations Dems

With all the heated debates in mind, especially the last few months, I want to congratulate Obama supporters for their tenacity and historic efforts.

While I firmly oppose this particular elect, credit should be given where credit is due.

A McCain supporter congratulating opposing efforts with class. Good to see!

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
A McCain supporter congratulating opposing efforts with class. Good to see![/quote]

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that while we all have different views, it is not beyond me, and others I hope to recognize the winner. I HOPE that this elect will not be what I, and others fear he will be.

In wartime, we should all back the President to a good extent, and I have chastized people for being disrespectful toward Bush by calling him names, undermining our efforts in Iraq, and most of all our brave troops. I hope my party never goes down THAT low road.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that while we all have different views, it is not beyond me, and others I hope to recognize the winner. I HOPE that this elect will not be what I, and others fear he will be.

In wartime, we should all back the President to a good extent, and I have chastized people for being disrespectful toward Bush by calling him names, undermining our efforts in Iraq, and most of all our brave troops. I hope my party never goes down THAT low road.[/quote]

+1 for Rockscar. You can’t take a party loss personally. All you can do is hope for the best from the candidate you didn’t vote for.

I am waiting to see if Obama critics will be as cut throat as GW’s were. There is actually a story in the WSJ today about the GW critics.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122584386627599251.html

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
A McCain supporter congratulating opposing efforts with class. Good to see![/quote]

If you wan tto see class, check out McCain’s concession speech. Now THAT was classy: http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/Speeches/Read.aspx?guid=6d126e21-5857-40c3-96e2-4f504e27e22c

Cool move, Rockscar.

Makkun

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
With all the heated debates in mind, especially the last few months, I want to congratulate Obama supporters for their tenacity and historic efforts.

While I firmly oppose this particular elect, credit should be given where credit is due.
[/quote]

I will give the Obama campaign credit for reading the environment and playing it with near flawless deft and skill. You cannot but respect their success on a purely strategic level. And yes that’s the best I can do.

[quote]RichSpidizzy wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

If you wan tto see class, check out McCain’s concession speech. Now THAT was classy: http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/Speeches/Read.aspx?guid=6d126e21-5857-40c3-96e2-4f504e27e22c

[/quote]

wow, that was great speech.

[quote]RichSpidizzy wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

[/quote]

Yes, it was. Better than Obama’s and the best speech he gave the entire campaign. I wish we had seen more of that guy throughout.

[quote]makkun wrote:
Cool move, Rockscar.

Makkun[/quote]

x2

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

In wartime, we should all back the President to a good extent, and I have chastized people for being disrespectful toward Bush by calling him names, undermining our efforts in Iraq, and most of all our brave troops. I hope my party never goes down THAT low road.[/quote]

You are the fucking man.

Good showing sir. Hats off.

“I didn’t vote for him, but he’s my President, and I hope he does a good job.” - John Wayne

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
I want to congratulate the obuma camp and the liberal media. They both did a heck of a job. An unbeatable duo.[/quote]

Dick28 that obuma thing you are doing isn’t nearly as clever as you think. It’s not hard to change a letter to make a name into something else. You even highlight it in some threads. Dull.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
I want to congratulate the obuma camp and the liberal media. They both did a heck of a job. An unbeatable duo.[/quote]

My God you’re a bitter little bitch.

I really really hope Obama leads the USA into a new utopia, because from the way you post about him, I get the feeling that would be the worst thing he could do.

I have serious fundamental disagreements with Obama and certainly wish he would have been sent back to the senate. However, I refuse to participate in the right wing version of Bush derangement syndrome. There’s been far too much hate and vitriol over the presidency for the past eight years. We need to move past that.

I have a strong belief that everything happens for a reason and that people are where god wants them to be. So, I will hope for the best from our new president, and prepare for the worst :wink:

Bush derangement syndrome?! Ha. We’ll see what tune you guys are singing in 4 years. Or 8 years.

I hope BO is a good president. But if he’s not the anti-BO folks here will be just as loud and vehement as the anti-Bushies were.

People were dissappointed when Bush was elected in back in 2000. But the justifiable trash-taking did not really rise to a fever-pitch until 8 years of shiteous leading commenced.

Please tell me you won’t be just as vicious if BO’s as bad as you fear he’ll be and pray he won’t. You’d be lying.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
I have serious fundamental disagreements with Obama and certainly wish he would have been sent back to the senate. However, I refuse to participate in the right wing version of Bush derangement syndrome. There’s been far too much hate and vitriol over the presidency for the past eight years. We need to move past that.

I have a strong belief that everything happens for a reason and that people are where god wants them to be. So, I will hope for the best from our new president, and prepare for the worst ;-)[/quote]

“God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel”

Benjamin Franklin ?Constitutional Convention of 1787

However it is not deranged to refuse to accept as properly legitimate a man whose very heart beats in the opposite direction of the office to which he’s been elected. Unless every shred of available evidence concerning him fails to provide a reliable conclusion. Which I suppose is possible though very unlikely.

By the reasoning of some anybody, anybody at all, including Osama Bin Laden, if only they get enough votes, should be viewed as an American president.

WHAT?!?!?!? What the hell are you talking about now you maniac?!?!? Osama Bin Laden?!?!?! Are you saying that Obama is Bin Laden?!?!? NO, but at what point between Washington and Bin Laden does somebody clearly cease to represent the intentions of our roots? I say the muddled thinking of a lost populace has finally given us a chief executive that clearly crosses that line.

We are about to witness a leftist policy explosion in truly atomic fashion. I’ll be outta here soon, for a while at least and back in the bodybuilding forums, but will return occasionally to lament how correct I was. Call that arrogant, right wing elitism, I don’t care, sit back and watch. It is coming.