Congratulations 109th!

Congratulations are in order for the hard working members of the 109th Congress.

“Of the 383 pieces of legislation that were signed into law during the two-year 109th Congress, more than one-quarter dealt with naming or renaming federal buildings and structures – primarily post offices – after various Americans.”

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/12/109th-congress-success-at-naming.html

Would you really have preferred for this Congress to tackle important issues?

Republicans (years ago) used to say: “If only we had a Republican Congress and a Republican President — line-item veto, term limits, cut the red tape, get back to our roots!”

You gents have NO IDEA how absolutely disappointed we are in this do-nothing bunch of spineless assholes. The alternative is people who favor more big government.

Just plain pathetic…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Republicans (years ago) used to say: “If only we had a Republican Congress and a Republican President — line-item veto, term limits, cut the red tape, get back to our roots!”

You gents have NO IDEA how absolutely disappointed we are in this do-nothing bunch of spineless assholes. The alternative is people who favor more big government.

Just plain pathetic…[/quote]

Why always the caricatures and hyperbole? Is it not possible for you to voice an opinion that wasn’t given to you by a pundit?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Just plain pathetic…[/quote]

You make it sound like a puppet show, exactly what they want.

Hopefully we’ll see an end to this last Congress’ three-day work week. I read that Congress will have only worked on something like 109 days, this year… pretty sweet schedule, eh? Tuesdays through Thursday, I want a schedule like that too.

“Culture Shock on Capitol Hill: House to Work 5 Days a Week”

[i]Forget the minimum wage. Or outsourcing jobs overseas. The labor issue most on the minds of members of Congress yesterday was their own: They will have to work five days a week starting in January.

The horror.

Rep. Steny H. Hoyer, the Maryland Democrat who will become House majority leader and is writing the schedule for the next Congress, said members should expect longer hours than the brief week they have grown accustomed to.

“I have bad news for you,” Hoyer told reporters. “Those trips you had planned in January, forget 'em. We will be working almost every day in January, starting with the 4th.”

The reporters groaned. “I know, it’s awful, isn’t it?” Hoyer empathized.

For lawmakers, it is awful, compared with what they have come to expect. For much of this election year, the legislative week started late Tuesday and ended by Thursday afternoon – and that was during the relatively few weeks the House wasn’t in recess."[/i]

Look at this assclown defending the do-nothing Congress:

I really can’t feel sorry about any of them that complain about working more, or about seeing their families less. They knew they would have to work in D.C. when they ran for office, they knew they would have to spend time away from their families.

To say that Dems don’t care about families is ridiculous, if having to work more is really tearing your family apart, resign, and do something close to home. There are Americans out there that WORK MORE and see their families LESS than some of these politicians.

Man, life sucks doesn’t it?