Congrats to Us

Anyone else think that this is the only forum on the damn site that has not gone to hell in handbasket?

I’m proud of this place, and glad they made it for us. Just wanted to offer my appreciation to the guys on here. Good fuckin’ stuff here.

Agreed. A lot of quality threads/posts here, and this is about the only place I post these days.

I like this forum, I only really go here and strength sports. Lots of informative posts here.

Thanks guys!

Rickson by armbar.

Fedor By Golem Project

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Agreed. A lot of quality threads/posts here, and this is about the only place I post these days.[/quote]

correct.

Good forum,Good people,Good info.

Now what’s better totalbody or bodypart split training…LOL…just kidding.

dude I cant go to the 35 and over forum- (36)and im that age.

this is the only mma/training forum like this

so many of the other mma forums are too catalog ninja for me.

kmc

Agreed, I’ve been impressed with the quality of posts and topics.
I’m way too lazy to go find out, so somebody please tell me what’s happening on the rest of the forums?

I think it’s a testament to having specific sub-forums.

Lots of morans on the Internet. If you have only one subforum (well, it’s a contradiction to have a single subforum, but spare me), everyone will be congested into that subforum. You couldn’t have a serious discussion on anything, since the morans would see the posts and troll them.

More subforums = more spreading out. The losers will tend to congregate in their neck of the woods. The winners will congregate elsewhere.

Look at T-Cell Alpha. Nothing ground-breaking happening there, but it’s civilized and intelligent discussion. Even though it’s unmoderated, there’s no bullshit going on. No Biotest or T-Nation author bashing. Not too much flaming, etc.

The Strength Sports section has always been pretty good. Some nonsense, but for the most part, pretty civilized.

The losers here are the “general fitness” folks. They tend to populate the Bodybuilding and Supplement sections, since that’s the closest thing they have to a home.

So if you had to put all your MMA posts in the bodybuilding or supplement section, the losers would see the posts and troll them. But, being losers, they don’t take the time to go to other subforums.

But even though Strength Sports is pretty good, many guys in the SS section really have no clue about MMA training. But that didn’t stop them from commenting on MMA posts. (I don’t talk about how to wear a squat suit. Yet powerlifters want to tell me how to train for MMA? Gimme a break.) So the discussion was down a notch from where it should be.

With Combat Sports, only the people interested enough in MMA come here. Some dumb asses might come in and out, but they don’t make this their home. Hence, the discussion is generally on-point and helpful.

That’s a long way of saying that specialization, even when it comes Internet forums, is a good thing!

Keep it a secret! Last thing we need is a Sherdog invasion over here.

Intelligent MMA discussion is pretty rare on the internet.

Shhhhh! We might start getting the dumbasses that boo at all the events as soon as they don’t see a bar brawl in progress…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Anyone else think that this is the only forum on the damn site that has not gone to hell in handbasket?

I’m proud of this place, and glad they made it for us. Just wanted to offer my appreciation to the guys on here. Good fuckin’ stuff here.[/quote]

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Keep it a secret! Last thing we need is a Sherdog invasion over here.

Intelligent MMA discussion is pretty rare on the internet. [/quote]

I was about to say “at least it has’nt turned into the forums of a well known MMA website”

Well I’m looking to get into martial arts and I find this by far the best place for advice. You get more intelligent feedback here as a newbie than on all the designated MA forums on the internet put together, and I have been on a few.