T Nation

Congrats to GSP

Just giving a shoutout to GSP the new Welterweight Champion.

Any thoughts on the fight? He looked like a force of nature out there, Hughes didn’t know what hit him. Im really excited for the guy I know he really wanted the belt, and im looking forward to seeing him destroy people.

p.s. looks like Biotest picked the right guy to sponsor

Oh man that was really exciting. I did not know wether the referee stopped the fight at the end of the first round or not, because GSP was pounding Matt Hughes. GSP did amazing, and his Left high kick was awesome! Nice to see that someone new has the welter weight title. I hope to see more of GSP in the future. -Adam

What a dynamic showing for GSP. He had such a different demeanor versus the first fight and literally owned Hughes.

My hats off to GSP and Hughes as well. I think GSP will be a very respectable champion and expect him to have the title for a long time.

It really couldn’t of happened to a better guy. GSP is the next evolution in MMA fighters…

Thanks for the spoiler, asshole.

By far the best looking GSP we’ve seen so far. Hughes looked the same way he did at the beginning of the Penn fight but GSP was able to finish him. Way to Georges!

That was freakin awesome! Hughes just seemed “off” from the moment the fight started. GSP was quicker, more accurate in his strikes. The low-blows were both unintentional and just a result of Hughes circling while GSP was already in motion to kick. Hughes was saved by the bell in round 1 and did nothing to turn the momentum in round 2. GSP’s kick looked similar to Liddell’s shot to Sobral a few years ago that they show at the beginning of “Unleashed”.

GSP definitely earned the title. Hughes will be back and the third fight (hopefully on GSP’s home turf) will do big business.

[quote]AgentOrange wrote:
Thanks for the spoiler, asshole.[/quote]

I honestly don’t get people who get worked up about this being a “spoiler”. It’s a friggin’ live event anyone can order on Pay-Per-View if seeing it means that much to them. Are we supposed to pretend like it never happened and wait until everyone gets around to watching it???

If it meant that much to you, figure out a way to watch it. Good Lord, this is like guys who tape football games and beg no one to tell them what happened.

Thanks for the spoiler, asshole.[/quote]

I would of almost felt bad for spoiling it but mine is probably the first of 10,000 threads seeings how the “most dominant welterweight” champion was just de-throned.

So you would of had it spoiled anyway, also why not order the fight live if your planning on watching it anyway. I mean come on man theres even a freaking interview with GSP on the main page and UFC has been running commercials up the ass. So you have to of known about it for awhile.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
That was freakin awesome! Hughes just seemed “off” from the moment the fight started. GSP was quicker, more accurate in his strikes. The low-blows were both unintentional and just a result of Hughes circling while GSP was already in motion to kick. Hughes was saved by the bell in round 1 and did nothing to turn the momentum in round 2. GSP’s kick looked similar to Liddell’s shot to Sobral a few years ago that they show at the beginning of “Unleashed”.
[/quote]

Good points, thought im not so sure if Hughes was off or if GSP is just that good. Hughes i think was exposed a little in the BJ Penn fight, since BJ man-handled him for 2 rounds, but he suffered a injury that sucked the fight from him so Matt got lucky there.

Props to Hughes though he was a dominant fighter for a long time and he’s still #2 or #3 in the world as far as im concerned.

[quote]Kuz wrote:

I honestly don’t get people who get worked up about this being a “spoiler”. It’s a friggin’ live event anyone can order on Pay-Per-View if seeing it means that much to them. Are we supposed to pretend like it never happened and wait until everyone gets around to watching it???

If it meant that much to you, figure out a way to watch it. Good Lord, this is like guys who tape football games and beg no one to tell them what happened.[/quote]

Jesus, who’s getting worked up now?

I can understand discussing it in the UFC 65 thread, but the thread name is the spoiler.

It was a great fight!

GSP definitely controlled the whole fight. Yes, the groin blows were unintentional and at least both of the fighters acknowledged that.
I’m sure Matt will be back soon… after he watches that tape a few times!

Another bonus tonight - Randy Couture instead of Joe Rogan!!!

if your going to act like that i dont think they should allow you to watch the ufc, like really grow a fucking penis and stop bitching sweet jesus, just because you know someone won doesnt mean it spoils the fight actually watching it is a treat in itself!

You’re a great man. Not everyone could spoil this like you do. Quite an accomplishment.

I’ll add you to my asshole list.

awesome fight tonight, i’d hate to have that shin impact on my face… or the 10 punches and 3 elbows to the FACE while being pretty much knocked out on the ground. BYAAAAAAA!

fuck sakes u cunt.

watch the fight idiots.

Kuz wrote:

If it meant that much to you, figure out a way to watch it. Good Lord, this is like guys who tape football games and beg no one to tell them what happened.

Jesus, who’s getting worked up now?

I can understand discussing it in the UFC 65 thread, but the thread name is the spoiler.[/quote]

Because every time there is one of these big fights, I’ve seen people get worked up over “spoilers” in thread titles. This isn’t giving away the ending to a movie… it’s a live sporting event.

So how is it spoiled if you didn’t bother to watch it live? I’m only getting “worked up” because you called the OP an asshole.

Great fight - Pierre looked really sharp.
re - spoilers - i knew who won before watching it (my choice - i live in the UK) and it does’nt bother me but the thread title is a spoiler. Going to watch Bond this afternoon so will post all relevant stuff and twists (in the thread title lol)

[quote]hit the gym wrote:
watch the fight idiots.[/quote]

im from uk and i dont have cable to get ppv so stfu.

Spoilers in topics is NOT the way to go. This is quite BASIC mma-netiquette. ok? Now you know till the next time newbies.