T Nation

Confused on What to Take?

Hi I have been working out for about 2 years now and I finally want to start taking something more than just protein. I was talking to somebody at the gym that recommended I take: Fish Oil with breakfast and lunch... Metabolic Drive Protein pre-Workout and add BCAA's and then Surge Recovery post-workout with BCAA's and Glutamine.

I have never really taken anything, I just drinking protein shakes and I want to start taking more supplements and I heard about Metabolic Drive and it sounds great.

Any advice will help as I am new to taking supplements...

Thanks for the help!

Metabolic Drive and Surge recovery have BCAA in them so it may be a bit overkill to add additional BCAA. Nothing against using BCAA, I just don't know if you need to do it right around your workout schedule if you are already taking supps.

Metabolic Drive is one of the best tasting protein powders that I've ever tried, so I highly recommend that if you are trying to get some extra protein from a supplement.

This, that, and this.

Plus, if you go with Surge Recovery post-workout, you don't need to sweat BCAAs or glutamine; you'll be getting plenty already.

Also, read up on workout nutrition. You have the option to split up your Surge Recovery, having half just before and the other half after. This would allow you to save your Metabolic Drive to supplement your protein intake throughout the day where it's most valuable.