Confused on Carbs

Alright guys I’m new to the forums but have been lurking for about a year now trying to pick out ways to diet and lift. I ran across th I-bodybuilder workout and am now on my second week going into third.

With that being said I also read up on ct carb cycling to get my diet right so I can hit my goal of 10% or less bf%. I’ve dropped in two years from 42% at 298lbs to 18% at 218lbs.( These numbers from the local gyms hand held bf% calculator) I’m 5’11 and don’t really want to go below 200lbs… cleaned my diet up and started doing what I thought was right but adding up all my food today I didn’t get over 130 grams of carbs…hit 293 grams of protein and 32 grams of fat…

Breakfast: 5 liquid eggs ( normally egg whites but fiance grabbed the wrong carton at the store) and one cup of grits
Meal 2: 8oz baked chicken breast with 1/2 cup of canned sliced carrots and 1/2 cup of sweet low sodium peas
Meal 3: was a peanut butter protein shake from the gym post workout.
Meal 4: 6-8 oz chicken with one cup brown rice
Meal 5: 8oz pork chop boneless.( 2 thin sliced chops prox 8oz) little over a cup of Italian style cut green beans
Meal 6: is the same as meal 5.
That totalled put to 1998 calories.( all these figures on my fitness pal app)

What am I doing wrong. I don’t see hitting 300 grams of carbs a day. Please any advice or a link to where it’s explained. Thanks in advance.

I don’t understand your question. You aren’t getting 300g of carbs because you aren’t eating 300g of carbs. You have multiple meals with only meat and veggies

Start raising them slowly with the majority being around your workout.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/the_ffb_handbook

[quote]The-German wrote:
I don’t understand your question. You aren’t getting 300g of carbs because you aren’t eating 300g of carbs. You have multiple meals with only meat and veggies

Start raising them slowly with the majority being around your workout.[/quote]

^^^^
Add any of the following complex carbs to your palate:
Sweet or white potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa - adding one or two cupped handfuls of starchy vegetables or rice grains to 2-3 meals/day will get you to 300g pretty quickly.

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/the_ffb_handbook
[/quote]

Great article besides that kid wearing a skin blanket lol

That’s what I didn’t get. The way I have read the carb thread was to only eat carbs in a few meals, and one cup of brown rice with a 8oz chicken breast and I was full. Same way eating carrots in that meal. I’ll read the link here in a minute and see what it says but pretty much what you guys are saying I need to just cram in carbs every meal then. cause I want get them in on three meals, and just make the higher grams for post workout…

Thanks German. That article pretty much explains my life.lol I’ve Benn up and down since I was 12. Started weighing my self in freshman year of high school and was 290. Dropped down to 195 when I moved in with my grandparents sophmore year. But after getting into a long fucked up relationship I was up to 318 after senior year. Got back down a couple years later to 205 then slowly over the years went back up. Finally got out of that relationship from hell and was able to drop (the wrong way) to 260 and now to my weight.

Really most of the prob was I didn’t know what the hell I was doing. But now with all the info I have read and being with a very hot fiance that pushes me to do better and won’t let me slack off I’m getting down right for the most part and keeping it off. Just want to get ripped now…

[quote]emd513 wrote:
Just want to get ripped now…[/quote]

If “ripped” is the goal, you need to jettison the thinking that led you to say the following in the OP:

I say this because, unless you are an extremely muscular individual, you are NOT going to be ripped at a BW greater than 200#. So again, if ripped is the goal, then keep working out and dieting, and let the scale weight take care of itself.

Ok… thanks guys appreciate the feed back.

[quote]emd513 wrote:
That’s what I didn’t get. The way I have read the carb thread was to only eat carbs in a few meals, and one cup of brown rice with a 8oz chicken breast and I was full. Same way eating carrots in that meal. I’ll read the link here in a minute and see what it says but pretty much what you guys are saying I need to just cram in carbs every meal then. cause I want get them in on three meals, and just make the higher grams for post workout…[/quote]

It’s doable, but if you are targeting higher carbs only at pre and post-workout meals, then sure, it’s harder than allowing for the higher carb side items at all meals. You’ll probably have to force yourself to eat more in this case. When I am doing higher carb days, I tend to have a protein + carb meal in the morning, eat fewer carbs and lunch (protein + fat + veggies), then have a PWO drink and my evening meal, which is protein + carbs as well. I never have a problem getting to 300g on workout days. As a snack, consider adding in homemade popcorn, at about 20g net carbs per 3 TBSP. You can eat it within the PWO window too.