Confused All Over Again

Hello all,

I am in my tenth month of exercise and  lifting. I just read the latest article, and now I feel as confused as when I started. This is because I just started OVT, and here the guy states that splitting the body into different days just doesn't make sense. Should I do something else? Or should I finish up with OVT in 4 weeks and then move on to something else. I am just feeling a bit confused and could use some advice.

JF

P.S. I was going to start working through some of Chad Waterbury’s routinges next…

PICK A PROGRAM AND DO IT.

They all work to an extent IF you stick to the WHOLE thing and DO it.

LOL

You are overthinking things Just pick one go lift heavy shit, then do something else. Slowly finding what works best for you.

This constant change and doubt is leading you NOwhere.

Just my 2cc,
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:

LOL

You are overthinking things Just pick one go lift heavy shit, then do something else. Slowly finding what works best for you.

Just my 2cc,
Phill[/quote]

Thanks Phill,
Actually, I have not changed my program since last May and had felt I was reaching a plateau. But you are right in telling me to stop overthinking tings. 95% is actually doing it :slight_smile:

JF

[quote]Phill wrote:

LOL

Just my 2cc,
Phill[/quote]

Got to agree with this. I will use myself as an example. I used full body routine (e.g. squat, bench, row, core and GPP in one workout) (3x/wk) and train in Karate 2-3x/wk but after a while I felt a bit burned out, despite good gains in squat and rows. So 4 months ago I changed to WSSB (which is a split programme) and it actually feels better - keep gaining in squat and bench but have more energy left for Karate, which leads to better sparring.

Try things and find what works best for you.

All the best,

Geek boy

Hey Jesus Freak -

Just remember this:

Everything works for a while. Nothing works forever. At 10 months, the last thing you should be doing is worrying if you are doing the right thing or not. You will make gains regardless. Now this is assuming you chose a decent program to begin with, and are rotating it every so often with other decent programs.

FYI - every prgram you find here on T-Nation is more than decent.

Don’t get lost in the minutia. You can become paralyzed by overthiking your training program.

[quote]Jesus_Freak wrote:
Hello all,

I am in my tenth month of exercise and  lifting. I just read the latest article, and now I feel as confused as when I started. This is because I just started OVT, and here the guy states that splitting the body into different days just doesn't make sense. Should I do something else? Or should I finish up with OVT in 4 weeks and then move on to something else. I am just feeling a bit confused and could use some advice.

JF

P.S. I was going to start working through some of Chad Waterbury’s routinges next…[/quote]

The reason OVT is split into body parts is due to the pure volume you will be required to do in each work out. It is really hard to do that level of volume and then work the other body parts in the same workout.

Each program is designed with specific goals in mind. They each have a purpose. Do the program. Don’t sweat it.