Confused About Alpha Male

I was talking to a friend of mine after a workout today and the topic of Biotest’s Alpha Male came up. He said that someone (whom he believed to be a good source) had told him that it was technically a “pro-steroid,” of which I haven’t heard of. Because it was a “pro-steroid,” he said that it unnaturally altered a guy’s testosterone to estrogen ratio…

and thus when that guy stopped taking Alpha Male, his testosterone would fall but his estrogen levels would remain high… leading my friend to state that Alpha Male was unnatural and unhealthy. I have a feeling that the truth is much more nuanced than this, so I wanted to get someone else’s more-informed opinion.

[quote]sinnaman18 wrote:
I was talking to a friend of mine after a workout today and the topic of Biotest’s Alpha Male came up. He said that someone (whom he believed to be a good source) had told him that it was technically a “pro-steroid,” of which I haven’t heard of. Because it was a “pro-steroid,” he said that it unnaturally altered a guy’s testosterone to estrogen ratio…

and thus when that guy stopped taking Alpha Male, his testosterone would fall but his estrogen levels would remain high… leading my friend to state that Alpha Male was unnatural and unhealthy. I have a feeling that the truth is much more nuanced than this, so I wanted to get someone else’s more-informed opinion. [/quote]

No where near the truth. Alpha Male is comprised of natural plant compounds that stimulate an increase in your bodies production of Testosterone. It will in no way shape or form negatively effect your natural production.

He may be thinking of old pro hormone products like MAG-10 which was a pro steroid and used incorrectly could alter ones production.

D

if it’s a pro-steroid the results don’t show it. While I notice improvement with it, it’s no where near what your friend is stating it should do.

I like the results I get with Alpha Male, but it’s obvious by looking at the ingredients that it’s not a pro-steroid.

Basically, your friend doesn’t know what he’s talking about.