Confused About Actual Body Fat Percentage

Hi,

I have a question about body fat percentage.

I’ve lost around 31lbs since mid June following your advice and I’d like to say thank you for the great information you provide.
My goal was to get down to around 10% body fat, and then start to lean bulk. I feel I look fairly lean now (I’ll add pictures if needed) but every body fat measurer that I use gives me completely different readings. Im getting different numbers like 25% from some measurements, and then others give me numbers like 9%, 16% etc … I am eager to finish this cut and start your volume plan which I like the look of. Any advice on estimating body fat would be appreciated.

Why does the actual number matter? Your goal was 10%, so what did you visualize when u were thinking about that number? Are you there yet or do you want to be leaner?

Google body fat visualizer and click on images there’s a few comparisons for you.

Why not quit estimating and get a dexa scan

Bit expensive for poor folk like me buddy

Around here they are fairly cheap. I pay $50. I can’t imagine that is too far off from what others charge.
If bf% is important to you why not get one of the only accurate tests done to find it?

If you just need somebody to tell you that you are 10% to make you feel better I’d be more than happy to help. Probably make it more realistic If you post a picture before I tell you though

To be honest, I never post in the forums. I just thought I’d ask for some advice. As I don’t have the money to go and get a dexa scan lol.
Don’t worry about it if it’s going to bother you anymore though, which I get the impression it has. That wasn’t the intention. Just a harmless question.

I don’t know if you can see my display pic? But theres the picture :slightly_smiling_face:

It doesn’t bother mean. I simply meant if it’s important to you to know, something like that is the only way to know for sure. Everything else is a guess, hence my offer to guess.

Although not cheap, $50 isn’t too terribly expensive. I would never burn a $50 just to watch it burn, but I did buy a dexa because I valued knowing for sure. It’s a great tool to track progress as well. I’ve had a few so far, I can see what the fat levels are doing, as well as lean muscle. Very cool.

Judging from the half body shot, using my ultra scientific and well versed newb brain. I’d say 12-14%. Could be way off, who knows. But there it is.

Fair enough. No worries.

Haha I’m going to go and cry now because you didn’t say 10%. :wink:

Just kidding, thanks for the advice. I’ll look into finding a cheap dexa scan somewhere if I can

I just searched google and found the place I go to. It’s actually a women’s imaging center that does breast cancer scans and what not. I say that so you won’t just be looking for places that specifically cater to the fitness types.

1 Like

You could be 10%, I’d guess 12% without seeing more of you in better photos. I need a scan myself.

1 Like