T Nation

Conflicting Nutrition Info

I've been looking at various websites that give nutritional advice and am kind of confused. There is the advice that is on Lee Labrada's website, there is the advice on this website, there is the advice that is on Tom Venuto's website, and various others.

What I'm coming to realize, and probably should have realized long ago, is that I have to just eat and train and find out what works for me. Am I totally off in this assessment?

Or just look for common points among the different views out there along with some common sense

[quote]rob214 wrote:
I’ve been looking at various websites that give nutritional advice and am kind of confused. There is the advice that is on Lee Labrada’s website, there is the advice on this website, there is the advice that is on Tom Venuto’s website, and various others. What I’m coming to realize, and probably should have realized long ago, is that I have to just eat and train and find out what works for me. Am I totally off in this assessment?[/quote]

You are 100% correct. Try something, see what happens. Adjust and then see what happens. You’ll learn so much info about yourself.

[quote]elusive wrote:
rob214 wrote:
I’ve been looking at various websites that give nutritional advice and am kind of confused. There is the advice that is on Lee Labrada’s website, there is the advice on this website, there is the advice that is on Tom Venuto’s website, and various others. What I’m coming to realize, and probably should have realized long ago, is that I have to just eat and train and find out what works for me. Am I totally off in this assessment?

You are 100% correct. Try something, see what happens. Adjust and then see what happens. You’ll learn so much info about yourself. [/quote]

I agree totally, but just to add to that: You’ll never know to little about your body or your passion (lifting). Keep listening to both your body as well as the literature.