Confession: I'm Not Vegetarian

Thanks for the info.
As for my improvements:
squat: started 35, now 155-165
bench: started 30, now 110
press: started 25, now 75
deadlift: started 55, got to 225 but with bad form, now building back up from 135 with good form

I don’t own the book – I borrowed it from a friend, and so I probably don’t remember all the details (esp. physiology).

Also: looking back over my posts, I can see I sounded unserious, and I’m sorry. I am serious about starting fresh with diet, and I’m ashamed of having been so slack. Yes, I know “meat eating doesn’t cure stupidity.” I’m trying to cure the stupidity myself. (I didn’t know cheerios were so unacceptable!) Just because I couldn’t hack it as a vegetarian doesn’t mean that the people who can do it aren’t commendable.

Got the oats – thanks for the advice! They’re good with (100% fruit) applesauce.
This week I’m consistently getting over 100g protein for maybe the first time ever. I have high hopes for the “new” plan.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
Never understood why people take oil by itself. Can you explain that, Carlitosway? I have fat in my diet – probably more than enough. I eat vegetables cooked with oil sometimes, sometimes dairy products with fat or egg yolks, these days also meat and fish that contains fat. [/quote]

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is plain and simple, THE SHIT. (Especially when you are trying to gain weight haha)

120 calories in just 1 tablespoon, and they are all the good fats. I for one need ungodly amounts of calories to grow, so EVOO is extremely helpful for me. I made a smoothie with 15 tbsp’s today hah.

If you don’t think you can reach your caloric goal for the day, it’s a very easy way to remedy that.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
Got the oats – thanks for the advice! They’re good with (100% fruit) applesauce.
This week I’m consistently getting over 100g protein for maybe the first time ever. I have high hopes for the “new” plan.[/quote]

If it is actually 100% apple mush, it should be fine, but if you look at the ingredient list, you’ll find that even products that claim to be 100% sometimes aren’t. They have some loopholes they can get around, and claim 100%.

Good job on getting more protein, but 1g per lb is bare minimum, so you should be getting 130g a day. But a lot of people shoot for 1.5g per lb, so that would be around 195g a day for you, but I guess you can work your way up to that.

LR

Yeah, I check ingredients; just apples. It’s from a fancy health food store (I hate my neighborhood, only place within walking distance and overpriced… grr rich people.) I’ll up the protein.
By the way, are you actually from London?

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
Yeah, I check ingredients; just apples. It’s from a fancy health food store (I hate my neighborhood, only place within walking distance and overpriced… grr rich people.) I’ll up the protein.
By the way, are you actually from London?[/quote]

Yep, born and raised, what gave it away? Where are you from?

LR

I grew up in Chicago.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
I grew up in Chicago.[/quote]

Cool, where are you now?

LR

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
AlisaV wrote:
Never understood why people take oil by itself. Can you explain that, Carlitosway? I have fat in my diet – probably more than enough. I eat vegetables cooked with oil sometimes, sometimes dairy products with fat or egg yolks, these days also meat and fish that contains fat.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is plain and simple, THE SHIT. (Especially when you are trying to gain weight haha)

120 calories in just 1 tablespoon, and they are all the good fats. I for one need ungodly amounts of calories to grow, so EVOO is extremely helpful for me. I made a smoothie with 15 tbsp’s today hah.

If you don’t think you can reach your caloric goal for the day, it’s a very easy way to remedy that.[/quote]

Check out Coconut Oil, very good stuff. Use it for cooking or just add to a shake.