Why do you guys after repeated…ad nauseum explanations…OVER and OVER and OVER in regards to this topic STILL cannot grasp the concept of IIFYM or better known as FLEXIBLE DIETING.
All it means is…MODERATION…okay, again…ALL IT MEANS IS MODERATION. Did we get it that time?
So…this is my last post on the topic. I’m explaining this ONE MORE TIME for anyone who still cannot grasp it:
IIFYM is better to be called FLEXIBLE DIETING…it does NOT…again, it does NOT mean eat whatever you want every day as long as it fits your numbers. That is not responsible behavior.
Here is what it DOES mean: 1. Make sure your Calories are in line for your goal.
2. Account for your protein needs within those calories… i.e. 1g/lb of BW seems minimum acceptable.
3. Account for fat needs and EFAs within those calories…for optimal hormonal and overal health. I.e…good starting point is 0.45g per lb of bodyweight.
4. Now you fill up the rest of your Calorie allotment for your given goal with one or a combination of the macros…carbs, more fats, more protein etc. This is preferential depending upon taste, goals, how much you feel you need carbohydrates etc.
5. Out of all this you MUST attain proper micronutrients…i.e. you must hit your vitamins and minerals in adequate form.
6. You should aim to get in a good amount of fiber…the least being around 25g per day.
Okay…now…after reading the above rules…and these are RULES…how would one simply eat twinkies and whey protein powder all day and be following IIFYM/Flexible dieting properly? THEY WOULDN’T BE. It is not possible to adhere to those basic nutritional rules by eating only twinkies, kids cereal and protein. Therefore, the whole point is…a VAST majority of your intake is going to come from whole food sources in order to properly hit your micronutrient needs, hit your EFA needs, hit your fiber needs etc.
What the fuck are you guys arguing about? It just allows for someone to fit in some cookies or a couple poptarts or some kids cereal within their numbers IF they are practicing nutritional responsibility and adhering to the basic concepts outlined above…That’s all it means… IN ORDER WORDS: MODERATION.
If you guys think that still does not make sense…keep thinking certain foods eaten in moderation kill you or immediately become body fat…and eliminate (unnecessarily) those foods from your diet…eat only chicken, brown rice, and vegetables (fruit seems to be questionable to some of your crazies as well so I dunno about that one) and then…go into binge mode every so often (and justify it) because you’ve unnecessarily deprived yourself of certain food groups due to emotional elimination…unjustified at that.
There is my argument. And during my contest prep so far…it has not created any negatives…I’ve lost fat at just the proper rate, maintained strength and LBM as best as possible and my blood work is great.
Again…this is because I adhere to the RULES outlined about …it’s called responsibility… moderation… I think you should see a pattern here.[/quote]
i am for IIFYM i follow it. im sick of arguing with people who say ice-cream makes you fat and bodybuilders cant eat it, bull shit. if i fit some chocoalte into my overall macro intake for the day what is wrong with that?