T Nation

Conditioning Stalling?

Is there a general stalling point for conditioning type work where you’re considered to be at an intermediate level?

As in, a 405 deadlift will generally cause you to change up your training, or 60 pushups is a point where you need to advance other skills to advance your pushups.

I’d say it varies pretty widely.

Age, bodyweight, sex, genetics etc are all going to factor in enormously when it comes to sticking points.

Take mile run times for example, a sub 170lb guy running a sub five minute mile is very good, though, nothing TRULY out of the ordinary. A 270lb guy running a sub 5 mm…well… holy shit!!!

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:

Age, bodyweight, sex, genetics etc are all going to factor in enormously when it comes to sticking points.

Take mile run times for example, a sub 170lb guy running a sub five minute mile is very good, though, nothing TRULY out of the ordinary. A 270lb guy running a sub 5 mm…well… holy shit!!![/quote]

My son told me that Shane Carwin, UFC heavyweight fighter ran a :63 quarter mile. I was stunned since he weighs in the area of 260 pounds.

gotta see a 270# guy running a sub 5:00 minute mile. no way at all…

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:

Take mile run times for example, a sub 170lb guy running a sub five minute mile is very good, though, nothing TRULY out of the ordinary. A 270lb guy running a sub 5 mm…well… holy shit!!![/quote]

i cannot add to that