Conditioning Ideas

Just wondering if anyone has got any suggestions for conditioning, both indoors and out
I usually keep it pretty varied, but it’s either some sort of weighted carries/sprints, barbell complexes or circuit style.

I hate steady state, I much prefer to get after it for 20-45 mins and be done, so If anyone has any circuits, complexes etc. I’d love to hear about them.

Yes,

what type of equipment do you have at your gym. I personally use kettlebells, trap bars and plates for loaded carries. I do these on upper body 5/3/1 days. I always change it up some days it’s heavy, someday light but always intense. I aim for about 20-30 carries.

For lower body days I always use the prowler. the loading is the same as the carries. Aim for about 20 sprints/pushes.

Another thing that I do every couple of week is Ruck marching. If you have any military experience you know what im talking about. Basically you load up a back pack and walk…easy…simple…but very brutal. Do these for a months and you will not only condition your body but also your mind as these are extremely grueling for distance

cheers for the input man.
The gym I’m at right now is commerical and basic, which sucks, but usually empty when I go which is a plus.
They have KB’s, Battling ropes, Boxing bags, Concept2 rowers, and then treamills/bikes/elipticals/stairmasters etc.

No trap bar (sad face) and no farmers handles, but I just use Db’s anyway.
No experience in the military my friend, I am a humble student of exercise physiology.
I’m guessing I could just load a backpack with waterbottles or weight and go for a walk, or use a vest right?
Thanks for the feedback, I was about to give up on this thread haha

Go outside and find a steep hill about 100-150 meters long.

Run up the hill, walk back down and repeat. Time your runs and walks to monitor your process.

tweet

Klein,

I understand brother, another option for you is the use of sandbags. they are quick to make and are very cheap. Another option is a tire for tire flips, these can be very brutal. Water bottles would not be a good option for the back pack, I put a hyperlink in the text here for you to check out he does a good job of explaining how to pack a ruck . Have fun! How to Pack a Rucksack - YouTube

Yo bro here’s a nasty lil idea I got from one of Josh Bryants book and all you need is a KB and a jump rope:
KB Swing x10
Jump Rope x75
KB Clean and Press x5 each arm
Jump Rope x75
KB Snatch x5 each arm
Jump Rope x75
Rest a minute and repeat 3-4 more times

This shit always kicks my ass, regardless of how good a shape I think Im in.

Awesome fellas.
Marne - Thanks for the link dude, will definitely check that out, as well as DIY sandbags
Bird - I have a love/hate relationship with Hill Sprints, but they are certainly something to do, cheers mate.
USC - I will give that a try man, cheers

Klein,

Most importantly have fun man, let us know how it goes

[quote]kleinhound wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has got any suggestions for conditioning, both indoors and out
I usually keep it pretty varied, but it’s either some sort of weighted carries/sprints, barbell complexes or circuit style.

I hate steady state, I much prefer to get after it for 20-45 mins and be done, so If anyone has any circuits, complexes etc. I’d love to hear about them.[/quote]

This is so easy to answer: what you do for conditioning is up to your conditioning goals. Set performance goals for your conditioning and train for that. Just don’t do random conditioning for the sake of running around and sweating. That would be my advice.

You are yoda Jim, for real. The simplicity of that is like a giant slap in the damn face.
I want to be explosively conditioned, therefore I should do explosive conditioning.
thanks everybody, you’re all legends.

[quote]USCZachD wrote:
Yo bro here’s a nasty lil idea I got from one of Josh Bryants book and all you need is a KB and a jump rope:
KB Swing x10
Jump Rope x75
KB Clean and Press x5 each arm
Jump Rope x75
KB Snatch x5 each arm
Jump Rope x75
Rest a minute and repeat 3-4 more times

This shit always kicks my ass, regardless of how good a shape I think Im in. [/quote]

This looks epic. Definitely trying this. Would love for this to burn a little belly fat I have after lifting.

Look up the bear complex if your into that type of conditioning , prowler and hills are my favorite but I’m also very limited on equipment overseas, so this thread was also slightly helpful for me as well…