T Nation

Conditioning + Flexibility Program

Hey,

Im 18 years old and will be starting either kick boxing or muay thai from September. At the moment my flexibility and cardio is pritty awful. I would love to have a program that works mainly on flexibility and cardio, at the moment I dont have any access to a gym, although I do have a few weights, and a kettlebell (16kg). I tried using the search system, but its not very good >.<

I hope you can help, as mentioned above, im looking for a program that works mainly on flexibility and conditioning.

Thanks

Crypt.

If you want to build flexibility, STRETCH. Pretty simple. Stretch your hamstrings, hip flexors, calves, quads, shoulders, and pecs. Try holding some dumbbells at the end of a stretch, like at the bottom of a pec fly or while trying to touch your toes. For cardio, run sprints at varying distances (20 yds all the way to 150 yds). Seriously, I can’t even believe you need suggestions. Flexibility=stretch Cardio=run About as simple as it gets. If you don’t know any stretches, you’re fucked, but beyond that, read Eric Cressey’s articles.

thanks, ill check out Eric’s articles now

as above the stretching part should be pretty straight forward, and if you are doing muay thai no doubt there will be stretching before class n after it.

Kettle bell swings are a great conditioning tool couple them with burpes and that should be all you need to start you off.
Add that with afore mentioned cardio like running , and sweet , there you go