Conditioning and Nutritional Requirements

I love to workout in the mornings but I recently acquired a workout partner who can only do afternoons. Since I need to cut a little bit and the pool is only open in the mornings, I decided to start doing cardio first thing in the morning and then weights later that day. I’m unclear about pre/post workout nutrition when it comes to “first thing in the morning” cardio.

This is what my workouts would look like:

Tabata-style

/// 5 rounds, 45 seconds each movement, rest 15 seconds in between, rest 90 seconds at end of set ////
Barbell curl and press
Overhead carry walk
Pushups
Bear Crawl

/// 5 rounds, 45 seconds each movement, rest 15 seconds in between, rest 90 seconds at end of set ////
Alt kb squat and press
Prowler push
Battling ropes
Burpees

Pool work: 30-45 minutes of freestyle drills, focusing more on technique instead of speed/conditioning

OR

20 minutes of sprints

How should I balance my pre/post workout nutrition with the workout mentioned above if I’m trying to cut yet maintain muscle mass?

Do I have just a protein-only shake prior to working out? I’ve heard of some people doing a scoop of PB, BCAAs, then a protein-only shake afterwards. I’ve heard of people doing absolutely nothing beforehand if the goal is fat loss.

Then I’ve heard of people saying to “wait 90 minutes after cardio to eat” and blah blah blah. I just want the record set straight, haha I appreciate your input.