T Nation

Conditioning After Rehab

Im just comming off healing from shoulder surgery… Dr cleared me to start activity… I can lift 10-20lb weights for sets of 10-15… Do some BW stuff… I Cant do squats yet as i cant get weight on back sholder good… Im think of doing this routine daily just to get some basic strength back after 6 months laid out

Push ups 3x15
Dips assisted 3x15
Pull ups assisted 3x10
Lunges 3x30
quates 3x40
sit ups 3x50
Leg raises 3x50
Jump rope 1min

Im planning on doing this daily M-F along with 45min SS in mornings… From what I can tell calestinecs are fine to do daily… Any feedback?

I’m not sure if you really want to do dips or pull ups, those seem tough on the shoulder joint.

Try adding in some light ROM work with the shoulder that was worked on. Do a lot of reps with whatever exercises get it moving through the full ROM to get blood pumping to it. That should help speed up recovery.

Get well soon!

[quote]BCP27 wrote:
I’m not sure if you really want to do dips or pull ups, those seem tough on the shoulder joint.

Try adding in some light ROM work with the shoulder that was worked on. Do a lot of reps with whatever exercises get it moving through the full ROM to get blood pumping to it. That should help speed up recovery.

Get well soon! [/quote]

Thanks I did that work out for 2 weeks with band assistance now Im able to do pullups & dips without bands or support. I also do my shoulder rehab program 3x per week and stretch daily…Im now doing light weights too 15,12,10 so pretty light