Condition 10 Days Out From First NPC Classic Physique Show

Looks pretty solid to me!

Looks like you need to drop your carbs immediately.

1 Like

You needed to be far leaner at this point.

That looks essentially like the bodyfat I walk around at (he may be even higher than me, I’m far more vascular), and based on our conversations, a 12 week prep would be ideal for me.

Ruh Roh.

1 Like

I could say two things here:

1- I’ve seen plenty of NPC competitors that aren’t anywhere near the conditioning brought by tested competitors, so that you are this lean, isn’t necessarily a bad thing,… but it’s not amazing 10 days out.

2- If I were prepping someone for a show, I’d want them looking like this 2 months out (shoulders are still smooth, abs and midsection can be deeper, mid chest should be seriously diced like someone took a fork to it)

Let us know how things go regardless!

S

2 Likes

This was this morning about 5 pounds less. Thank you for the feedback. Any diet advice for the last 2 days before the show?

how did it go?

I ended up 8th out of 20 in the class. It was my first competition and a huge learning experience for sure. I know my conditioning has to improve significantly to be competitive at this level. I do think I have a lot of potential in the classic physique division. I’m only 23 so I think in the coming years I’ll be able to grow a lot and learn to prep more efficiently.

7 Likes

Nice work. What did you end up changing 10 days out if anything?

Dropped carbs pretty low but didn’t make any crazy changes.

Yes, I can see you doing well in the Classic Division if you can keep your shape and symmetry, and continue to add quality size as well as bring it in a bit tighter than your first outing.

Definitely a respectable showing, especially for a first show. Much respect!

S

5 Likes