Condiments?

This is what I use most of the time…

Trader Joes Fire Roasted Salsa, no salt added. I think it tastes pretty good and is mildly spicy.

Bump

I bumped this thread because I found something I REALLY REALLY like. Makes red meat (lamb) taste amazing. This stuff plus olive oil makes grilled lamb shoulder tastes really good. I’ve heard it’s great on steaks too.

Little on the expensive side at $6US a pop, but I can’t get enough of it!

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on condiments. I use two pretty heavenly, both an unsweetened organic ketchup, and different types of organic mustard (german, dijon, and yellow). The thing that I would be most worried about is the sodium content in the mustard’s, which is around 50-60mg’s per tsp. Do you think that is high enough to have a negative effect if I am eating a decent amount of it 3-4 times per day with meats and veggies?

They have become a staple of flavoring in my diet, as I avoid most everything else because of the negative ingredients. Thoughts?[/quote]

If you don’t have renal disease of hypertension, you don’t have to worry about sodium intake unless you were dumping entire shakes of salt on your food.

Not exactly calorie free, but i’ll be damned if it doesn’t help chicken go down easier.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Unless you’re a few weeks out from a contest (or if you have naturally high blood pressure), I wouldn’t worry about sodium content. When I’m dieting, I need all the condiments I can get my hands on! -lol

S[/quote]

I never used to use any condiments until I read your recommendation of ‘dijonaisse’ and I’m hooked on the stuff. (I think it was you) It’s heavenly on hard boiled eggs.

I agree about not worrying about sodium.