Concerts You've Been To/Going To

Yea man Slayer shows are the best. The electricity in the air. The building tension. NOBODY wants open for Slayer.

1 Like

Ugh. Their opener was Nuclear Assault. A garage band that even their own mothers didn’t like,so they ended up stinking up our ears for a half an hour.

They have a song I really like… Something wicked this way comes

Clapton with Robert Randolph and the Family Band - fuuuucking sweet. RR blew me away. Both bands combined to do Voodoo Chile by Hendrix and it was 16 minutes of incredible.

Iron Maiden w/ Lauren Harris Band - LHB got a pretty shitty reaction, was sorta justified due to stylistic mismatch. Maiden was Maiden, one hell of a show

36 Crazyfists, Gojira, All That Remains, In Flames - wasn’t as into this kinda music at the time and adult GarageRocker is pissed about it

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (twice) - First time great, second time Ronnie was just burned out and his voice showed it

AC/DC - Way better than I expected, they didn’t show their age much at all (2008)

Black Label Society/Corrosion of Conformity - Great concert, shitty sound. Small venue with amphitheater-level sound system. Just blew everyone’s ears out.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - My favorite ever. For some reason I rallied around Skynyrd and their music got me through my mom’s passing and all the rough times that came along with it. I have no shame admitting that I bawled my eyes out through most of the concert but it was still one of my favorite experiences of my life.

Iron Maiden with The Raven Age - Probably my 2nd favorite concert. TRA was really, really good melodic metalcore. Maiden was better than ever as well, and we were about 10 feet from the stage.

Growing up playing in bands gave me some cool opportunities too, got to open for bands I idolized:

Saliva
Mushroomhead
Trapt
Bobaflex
Zach Myers (guitarist for Shinedown)
American Opera
Vince Dynamic

Aaaaaaand a bunch of local bands.

Yea, that was a helluva show man … their stage sets were fucking great. We were about 100 ft from the stage dead center … Rumor has it Maiden is polishing up new material for release

1 Like

Did Bruce mention this at the show you went to? He did at Pittsburgh, saying they’d be back through with new music. I can’t believe the way those dudes move at 60+ years old…

Yea, he teased it in Boston. All of them still move pretty good for their age … Looking forward to what they put it if they are indeed putting new stuff out … and then going to see them again of course

Trying to decide if I want to spend the money on the Def leopard /crew/poison and jett concert when they swing through.

Im going. I wanna see Joan Jett. What a bad ass. Hopefully Vince gets his shit together and doesn’t need to be defibrillated 5 times a night

Yeah the wife has seen Crew twice back in the day. Looking at 250 a pop for tickets over at River Front Stadium in Cincinnati Ohio .

Seen em 3 times now. First show was killer. Then Vince went manatee

1 Like

Have seen him too with allman brothers family reunion. Didn’t know his stuff but was amazed by how good he was.

I’ve known Devon Allman; Greg’s son, for years. Super nice guy.

1 Like

Saw king gizzard and the lizard wizard live, they played through a good portion of their new album “infest the rats nest”… was thrash/stoner metal

Ran with the crowd into the wall of death, got injured in the mosh pit… had to drive home early

All in all… 9/10, doing again in six weeks from now

I’ve yet to listen to them but I’ve heard good things.

I’m going to see Opeth Monday

1 Like

Do they still play their old stuff live?

According to Setlist.fm, they have at least one song from every album going back to Blackwater Park … nothing past that …

Leper Affinity, Deliverance, Hope Leaves, Reverie/Harelquine Forest, and The Lotus Eater from their pre-Heritage days on their current tour

Blackwater Park is probs my favourite so no quealms there

I apologise if this video is considered inappropriate to post, if it’s too much a mod can remove it… but I think everyone on here is more or less a grown adult, thus no one will be phased by a bit of violence

Ignore the actual video… it’s very strange, just listen to the song yeet

I’ve got Sons of Texas with Sunflower Dead at a local dive bar Wednesday. Red dirt metal is what they call themselves and I have to say I agree with it. Also trying to get tickets to Megadeth/Lamb of God/Trivium/In Flames. I hate doing concerts on weeknights but the good ones always seem to hit Cleveland midweek…

1 Like