Concerns About Low IGF-I

One of the things I’ve discussed with my BodyLogic M. D. Doc is my fairly low level of IGF-1. This came up in discussing quality-of-life issues. I’ve had a problem with hand pain for more than 20 years. About five years ago, it progressed to my wrists. I had x-rays, a carpal tunnel exam, and various blood tests. The good news is I don’t have arthritis and I don’t have carpal tunnel. The bad news is, I don’t know what I have!

My IGF-1 is 133 on a range from 86-220. the doc has me trying some product called O-Tropin. You spray it under your tongue mornings and evenings. It has various amino acids and herbs in it. At $80 for a month’s supply, I sure hope this stuff isn’t snake oil.

Anybody know anything about this product? Anybody know anything about low IGF-1 and how it might relate to my hand pain?

TIA, Mike

I know that microlactin boosts IGF-1. I get mine at supplementdirect.com. It’s really helped me with my joints. I just blend in a couple of scoops (5-6gms) with my protein drink in the AM. Actually, I need to re-order.

DJ

To me this would seem the perfect opportunity to get the GH scripted but thats just how my mind works. Seriously though if anything i would get the script for growth hormone i don’t buy into any of the igf sprays and crap

Unfortunately, you can’t get an Rx for GH anymore, unless you’re a dwarfed kid. FDA squashed that a few months back.

DJ

You’ll know if it works or not at your next blood test. These kinds of products have been around for some time. Unfortunately, increasing your IGF-1 level isn’t the sort of thing that’s going to have dramatic and easily recognized effects.

If you seriously want to increase your IGF-1, then why not just go to the source and start injecting it. You can buy it as a research chemical over the counter.

thanks for the input, guys.

If raising my IGF-1 will help with my aching hands then I’m all for it. I’m a little hesitant about buying it and injecting it directly. This is all so new…

Mike

IGF is a peptide, so you pretend you’re a diabetic, squeeze a fatty spot, and in it goes with a needle so small you can barely see or feel it. I used to be needle phobic until I started on HRT injections, and now it’s part of life. T shot one day, HCG the next, and so on for the rest of my life. It’s a really small concession when the ability to non-stop chase skirts comes back after 40. Before the HRT, women were just pretty, now they’re tasty too.
About the IGF, there is a insurance mandated multiple day test for IGF, in order to qualify as IGF is not cheap. Now maybe you have come in a test score so low to begin with, your doctor is taking responsibility and negating the multiple testing to qualify.
My original doc told me all this, that’s how I know.

I personally am between the rock and hard spot because my new doc recommends one brand of liquid Sub-L, IGF drops. Until last week, I also thought all liquid IGF was junk too. Now I’m not so sure. I was given about 20ml of the liquid to try, and I’ll let you all know if I notice any difference. PM for brand if you want.

EDIT: I have not been remembering to take the liquid IGF first thing in the morning, as my morning routine is messed up otherwise. I posted this as certain men have PM’d me asking about it. I still really don’t know. I have considered spending the $200.00 for IGF-r3, but that won’t happen until February at least…

My IGF-1 is at 179 and my endo tells me it’s low and may be related to my poor sleep quality. He suggested a medicine called Sermorelin which stimulates the pituitary to produce more HGH. But I’d have to inject everyday so I’m not sure.