Concentrated Stupid of Vegetarians

[quote]Badunk wrote:
Well, we human beings differentiate between dead animals from the sea and dead animals from terra firma, which is why they are called fish and meat and not just meat. So when I say ‘fish’, I’m putting faith in your ability to tell the difference between the two.[/quote]

Fishes are animals and meat is “the flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) eaten for food” ( Meat - definition of meat by The Free Dictionary ). Therefore, fish is meat.

No, all I did was explain why I said fish instead of meat. It’s quite simple really.

[quote]Badunk wrote:
No, all I did was explain why I said fish instead of meat. It’s quite simple really.[/quote]

We know. Just pitching you shit.

[quote]pinkponyz wrote:
Let’s see if I remember this correctly:

1. Vegetarians eat more soy
  2. Soy partially blocks zink uptake (and veg. food doesnt contain heaploads of zink either)
  3. Zink deficiency leads to a “high”
  4. Vegetarians mistake this “high” for an “enlightenment” or “feeling of healthyness”
  5. Vegetarians make lots of crappy arguments, and feel proud of themselves.

Woo![/quote]

uhh, what? Never in my life heard this…and its zinC btw

I’m about to eat scampi, fish fingers, cauliflower and peas! Yum!

From the comments below the article.

Good point.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:

This is silly. If PETA didn?t have an agenda, why aren?t they asking for LOWER rates for vegetarians instead of higher rates for meat eaters?

Good point.[/quote]

From the first paragraph:

“Due to studies suggesting vegetarians have stronger immune systems and are 40% less likely to get cancer, as well as recent outbreaks of E.coli traced to a Vermont slaughterhouse, PETA is urging Blue Cross of Vermont to lower insurance rates for vegetarians, while increasing those for meat eaters.”

What they are suggesting is based on an interpretation of a fraction of the evidence. So long as they don’t expand their scope PETA has a point.

[quote]Badunk wrote:
… fish fingers, [/quote]

See? If you got fingers, you’re meat.

lol

[quote]Badunk wrote:
Well, we human beings differentiate between dead animals from the sea and dead animals from terra firma, which is why they are called fish and meat and not just meat. So when I say ‘fish’, I’m putting faith in your ability to tell the difference between the two.[/quote]

Fish is meat, you heartless fish killer.

It’s odd that they claim to have stronger immune systems… every time winter rolls around, the skinny calorie-restricted PETA kids barely ever leave Flu-mode. It’s like a bad zombie film.

[quote]905Patrick wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:

This is silly. If PETA didn?t have an agenda, why aren?t they asking for LOWER rates for vegetarians instead of higher rates for meat eaters?

Good point.

From the first paragraph:

“Due to studies suggesting vegetarians have stronger immune systems and are 40% less likely to get cancer, as well as recent outbreaks of E.coli traced to a Vermont slaughterhouse, PETA is urging Blue Cross of Vermont to lower insurance rates for vegetarians, while increasing those for meat eaters.”

What they are suggesting is based on an interpretation of a fraction of the evidence. So long as they don’t expand their scope PETA has a point.[/quote]

I disagree. First, like the paragraph says, the studies “suggest” these conclusions, they do not prove them.

In my opinion they would have to prove not just that meat eaters do in fact get cancer more frequently, have weaker immune systems, etc, but show that it is the meat that is causing it, and not some other part of the person’s lifestyle/diet.

My point is that i’ve read a few “studies” which have tried to link certain cancers and other diseases to those that eat meat, yet when you look at the studies it was impossible to tell if it the meat itself or if those that eat meat are, say,

Also likely to engage in behavior/eat other foods that are the real cause of the diseases being examined (what if it’s the high consumption of sugar and processed carbs instead of the meat that causes these things, etc.)

Then there’s the whole “E. Coli” thing which is ridiculous seeing as how we’ve had several spinach/lettuce scares recently.

[quote]ovalpline wrote:
Badunk wrote:
No, all I did was explain why I said fish instead of meat. It’s quite simple really.

We know. Just pitching you shit.[/quote]

Which is not meat so eat up!!!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Badunk wrote:
… fish fingers,

See? If you got fingers, you’re meat.

[/quote]

Chickens have fingers so they are meat, but then again buffalos have wings so they are not meat but chickens have wings as well, so does that mean buffalo is meat and chicken is meat but wheres the buffalos fingers?

Chairs have arms! Beds have legs! Pints of beer have heads! Oh, the humanity!

[quote]Badunk wrote:
Chairs have arms! Beds have legs! Pints of beer have heads! Oh, the humanity![/quote]

OH NO NOT THE HEADS!!!
I dont like a huge head on my pint BTW

[quote]ovalpline wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
Badunk wrote:
I don’t eat meat and haven’t done for 20 years. I eat fish, though, and all dairy foods.

Pssst. Fish is meat.

LOL exactly.

I never understood this.

“I’m a vegetarian except I eat fish, turkey, and eggs.”

“But I thought you were opposed to eating things that have a face?”

“Well, just those animals where if I look in to their eyes I can tell that they feel.”

“I hate you.”[/quote]

As long as it doesn’t scream when it dyes tahat’s fine.

Btw, is a ‘concentrated stupid’ the collective noun for vegetarians or did the thread starter misspell ‘stupidity’?

I’m an omnivore cause y’know isn’t that kind of what we evolved into?

[quote]Kinoz wrote:
It’s odd that they claim to have stronger immune systems… every time winter rolls around, the skinny calorie-restricted PETA kids barely ever leave Flu-mode. It’s like a bad zombie film.[/quote]

Back in 2006 I went vegetarian for a year. I got sick around 5-6 times that year.

Started eating meat again in 2007 and from then until now I haven’t been sick once.

Not scientific evidence but still worth mentioning.

I’ve never been a sickly sort of person either. In the last ten years I’ve missed a total of 3 days work through illness. And they were all migraines.

At least that’s what I told work ;o)