Conceive, Believe, Achieve

==========================================================
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” Arnold Schwarzenegger

Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 Training

Warmed up with 4 rounds non stop of

• 15 KB Swings/20kg
  • 15 Burpee-Pullup

Strength: Rounds of

• Deadlift 1/130kg 5(sets)X4(reps)/120kg
  • Dips 1/+25kg 5X6/+20kg
  • Chin-up (semi-neutral) 1/+20 5X6/+10kg

Accessory: 4 Supersets

• Pause Squat 8,8,8,8/70kg
  • Z-Press 12,10,8,10/30kg

Finished with DB Row 1X30/30kg 1X12/40kg

Notes:

• I liked the warm-up, the swings felt awesome, I’ve never done much. Burpee-Pullup is new to me so it took me 2 rounds to find my position so I wouldn’t be too far from the pullup bar and wouldn’t be too close.
  • Deadlift was really explosive, I bet the swings helped. Form was excellent but it can always be improved. The over-warmup singles are done with double over grip and the volume work always done with straps. The bar is really shity, the nurling sucks and it always rolls out of my hand, even with hook grip so straps are the only option. I used to deadlift 140 for reps with double under, grip isn’t an issue.
  • I changed the weighted pullup to weighted chin-up. It’s a bit tougher to go heavy with good form, especially the top motion.
  • The z press is new to me. I like it a lot and it felt like I could’ve gone heavier. The hips were tight after the deadlift. I had an horrible cramp during the 3d set. Overall great exercise.

I’ll try to get some footage the next workout if the gym won’t be too crowded.

I did burped pull-ups today as well…hate those things. And yea, I find that swings will typically help my deadlift too.

[quote]Alpha wrote:
I did burped pull-ups today as well…hate those things. And yea, I find that swings will typically help my deadlift too.[/quote]
haha I checked your log before noticing your comment about the burpee pullup.
I’ll stick to it that way. Keeping the swings not too heavy but exploding and thrusting my hips hard.

====================================================
“Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you donâ??t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.” Anne Frank

Friday, March 20th, 2015 Training

BW Work: Rounds of

• Banded GHR 20,20,15,15,12
  • Ring Dips 8,8,6,6,5
  • Pullup 8,8,6,6,6

• Squat 3X4(setsXreps), 2X3/100kg
  • Military 6,5,5,3,3/40kg
  • T-BOR 5X8/50kg

Pause Incline Close Grip 5/60kg dropset to 6,4 20/50(20sec rest)
Rear Delt 2X?/4kg ?/8kg a lot of reps, more than 50 total

Notes:

• The gym was crowded as f*ck today so it made me rush things up which was good but I had to wait like 20-30min for a squat rack. Meanwhile I moved around and did some pullups, burpees and air squats to keep me warm.
  • My squat technique is getting a lot better. I had no pain whatsoever during the squats, I bet that avoiding grinders and slowly progressing and working with high frequency really helps.
  • The military progressing really slowly but hey, it’s progressing! I added only one rep to the last workout if not considering the extra set I did.
  • I really couldn’t do extra volume sets, working with 2 bars these hours was kinda annoying.
  • Overall great workout, really happy with the squat.

=========================================
“Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, March 22th, 2015 Training

Warmed up with some pullup burpees and KB swing.

• Deadlift 1/130 5X5/120
  • Dips 3,3,3,3,5/+25
  • Chin-up 3,3,3,3,4/+15

Conditioning: Rounds of

• Squat 20,15,12,15/70kg
  • Z Press 12,12,10,10/30kg
  • Inverted Row 4X20

Band Circuit: 2 bands (I have no idea what’s the resistance)

• Face Pulls 4X20
  • Tricep Extension 4X20
  • Bicep Curl 4X20

30 controlled, paused leg raises with vacuums.

Notes:

• Great workout! I’m glad things are going well
  • The deadlift exploded! I ripped it off the floor so fast that I couldn’t believe it.
  • I did AMAP on the last sets of the dips and chins.
  • I started getting the groove of the Z press.
  • The last set of the squat was hell, I wanted so bad to do more reps but didn’t want to get to the point I have to grind out some reps.
  • I got the last set of the dips on camera. The song is one of my favorite to lift with, I don’t think anybody would like to listen the gym’s crappy music instead.
    - YouTube

===========================================
“Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” Conan O’Brien

Monday, March 23th, 2015 Training

Today I had a workout with the pre-military training group and we had some kind of a leg workout which was awful after yesterday’s workout, my lower back was tight as fuck and it felt that I even had some disc which is about to bulge.
We warmed up with some running, 60 sec to move our stuff (bags, sandbags, water bottles etc) to another location and drink some water. We immediately started the workout-there were 3 acts we had to execute with a sandbag on our back. The 1st drill was sprinting (that what it was supposed to be but he cut us some slack and let us run. We were supposed to run AFAP though!). The 2nd drill was walking lunges and the 3d was lateral walking lunges. I stopped after 15 minutes because of the back. My lower back never felt so tight, I also had a top glutes pain which combined with the lower back kicked my butt. We did 40 burpees and called it a day.

========================================
“It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” Babe Ruth

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 Training

I had an easy workout with the pre-military training group. Most of us got back from a trip in Poland so they were really cold and weak and the day before’s workout burnt most of us up. We did 4 rounds of running, the 1st round 1:35, 2nd 1:25, 3d 1:15 and 4th all out (I think I got that round in 0:50). After that we did 5sec negative circuit of BW squat, pushup, pullup and dips and pyramiding from 10 slow reps to 1 in 20min which was impossible considering the facts there are 4 station, the long reps and that we were 10 people.

Wedneday, March 25th, 2015 Training

GHR 4X15/orange band
Ring Dips 8,6,6,6
Pullup 4X6

Squat 1/110 5X4/100kg
Military 1/45 5,5,5/40kg rest pause-7,3,2/40kg
T-BOR 5X10/50kg

Pause Incline DB Press 10,8/20kg
DB Rear delt raise 20/10kg 10/14kg
Controlled Standing calve raise 30 reps total rest pause with 35kg each side

Notes:

• Because I’m using 2 BBs I’m generous when someone needs a bar even if I’m working with it. I did only 3 sets of the military press in the giant set fashion and completed the rest after I finished the giant set.
  • I really like DB rear raise, haven’t done 'em in a while.
  • The squat felt really light, I might have been able to do 5X5 with that weight.
  • During the first giant sets (GHR, dips and pullups) my upper glutes was tight and sore as f*ck. It’s sore for 2 days.

=======================================
“Knowing isn’t isn’t enough, you must apply. Willing isn’t enough, you must do.” Bruce Lee

Friday, March 27th, 2015 Training

Insert: Did 50 hang clean with 60kg AFAP.

• Deadlift 1/135 5X3/130
  • Dips 5X4/25
  • Chin-up 1X5,4X4/+15kg

Accessory: Super-set of

• DB Press 15,12/15kg
  • DB Row 2X20/35kg

Notes:

• My shoulders felt really tight. Never happened to me before…
  • The dips and deads felt really heavy. The 10kg jump in the deadlift was stupid but I made through it.

Overall good workout. I did what necessary and went home, I was a bit sick.

==================================================
“It’s really important to have balance, spend some time in nature, go to a few parties, enjoy my friends and really chill out.” Joakim Noah

Sunday, March 29th, 2015

Today was less about working hard but more of being active and recover. The weather was super great-warm and windy. I went out to a near-by field and lay on the grass and heard some music, focused on deep breathing. It was awesome.

A few hours later I went to the gym and did a light workout:

MetCon: 5 Rounds of

• GHR 5X20/orange band
  • Ring Dips 5X8
  • Pullup 5X8

Explosive pause squat 6X2/100kg @ 30sec rest
Mid range paused military press 3X/35kg
Klokov Press 3X8-12/30kg
Hummer Strength Row 4X12/60kg per side. I never got to try it and thought why not.
DB Curl+Hummer Curl+DB Reverse Fly-Run the rack. A lot of reps.

A fun workout. I really tried to explode on the squat and thrust my hips, the weight and bar bounce on my back after every rep-felt really solid. The squat felt a lot lighter than I thought it would.

This week will be a bit lighter, letting the body recover a bit from the last few weeks.

Monday, March 30th, 2015 Training

Today I had a workout with the pre-military training group. We started the workout with 40 burpees and warm-up and then started our workout. There was 3 parts separated with some drill and 1 minute rest. On the 1st part we had to run around an ‘island’ 3 times (when I said “round” in the past ot meant a round around that “island”) on 1 time with a sandbag on our back. Immediately we moved to our act/drill-going up and down the stairs with the sandbag on our back for 2 minutes, since I got there 2 minutes before the last one I did it for 4 minutes. Then we did 2 rounds running and 2 rounds with the sandbag on our back and following with a drill of 5 squat and jump up/down the stairs for 2 minutes (3-4min for me). At this point my legs were burning really hard since I explode as much as I could after yesterday’s squat. My hips flexors and left oblique got really tight after that. Then we had to do 1 round running and 3 rounds running with the sandbag on our back (most of us barely could walk). During the last round 2 people caught up to me and pass me, that was kinda annoying haha. After that hell was finished we had to hold the sandbag above our head for ‘1 minute’ and when someone dropped the sandbad ‘the timer froze’ while the rest of us kept it up. My right elbow started aching after that.

================================================
“Yesterday is but today’s memory, and tomorrow is today’s dream.” Khalil Gibran

Tuesday, March 31th, 2015 Training

Today I had another workout with the pre-military training group. Our goal was to do in 25 minutes 100 pushups, 100 jumps (over a high stair), 100 air squats and running 6 rounds around that ‘island’ there is in that park. Since I finished it within about 15min I was told to keep going and to do as much as I could. I ended up doing in 25min 150 pushups, 150 air squats, 150 jumps and ran 10 rounds. It was kinda of an easy workout because we have some special ‘12 hours’ workout in 2 two days. Tomorrow I’ll hit the gym but I won’t go really heavy and the focus will be on being explosive and perfecting form. I don’t want to get myself sore or exhausted.

I was really sick from Tuesday’s night to Saturday so I couldn’t workout back today I got back to the grind.

Sunday, April 5th, 2015

MetCon: Rounds of

• GHR 5X20/Orange Band
  • Ring Dips 3X8,2X6
  • Pullup 3X8,2X6

• Squat 5X3/100kg
  • Military Press 4X5,2X3/40
  • T-BOR 5X8-15/40kg wasn’t counting

Notes:

• Squat felt awkward a bit, I need to get back to the groove.
  • I tried to clean each rep on the 3 first sets, but it felt weird and decided to press normally after. It’s hard to progress with the OHP in that rounds fashion.
  • I did 5 rounds of the MetCon instead of 4 so volume pr on that!

==========================================
“Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.” Buddha

Tuesday, April 7th, 2015

1a. Deadlift 5X3/130kg
1b. Dips 5X4/+25kg
1c. Chinup 4X5,4+4 negatives/+15kg

2a. 2sec Pause Front Squat 6/60kg 3X5/70kg
2b. Z Press 6,3X3/40kg

3a. Hummer Strength Row 3X10/60kg(per side) dropset to 8/40kg and a lot of half reps
3b. Paused Face Pull 3X12/20kg

Notes:

• Great workout! A lot of people praised me during the first giant-set, that was really cool.
  • Accidentally I did the Z press with 40kg instead of 30… Was tough.
  • I felt my upper erector a lot during the front squat really hard. Missed that feeling though.

===================================================
“The spartans do not ask how many are the enemies, but where are they.” Plutarch

Friday, April 10th, 2015

1a. 3sec Descent GHR 4X12/+10kg -I couldn’t find the band
1b. 5sec descent Ring Dips 4X5
1c. Slow Pullup 6,5,6,4+2 negative
1d. Decline Sit-up&Crunch 4X15

2a. Squat 1/110 5X4/100 Slow negative 10/80
2b. Military Press 1/45 5,5,4,4,4/40 12/30
2c. T-BOR 4X8,10/50 15/40

Notes:

1. I worked out early in the morning so the gym was empty and I managed to finish my work within 45min.
  2. I added up the ab work to see how it affects my squat and to loosen my lower back a bit more (it helped a lot).
  3. I had some very little shoulder pain I had a few workouts ago during my squat.

I’ve been pretty busy the past week studying for a final exam which I have tomorrow so sorry for not updating as much.

“There is little that can withstand a man who can conquer himself.” Louis XIV

Tuesday 14th, 2015 Training

Warming up with a complex of Clean, Front Squat, Military press, BOR,SLDL 8reps with 20,30,40 kg

Deadlift 1/140 4,4,3,3, 2 singles/130kg
Dips 1/+30kg 4X4,5/+25 30/BW
Chinup 1/+20kg 6,4+2negatives, 3X 3+3nrgatives/+15kg super strict 10/BW

==============================================
“It’s better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.” Elizabeth Kenny

Friday, April 17th, 2015

1a. GHR 30,25,25,25,25/Orange Band
1b. Pullup 5X8
1c. Ring Dips 8,8,6,6,8

2a. Military Press 1/45 5X6/40kg 5sec eccentric 10/30 **Huge volume PR
2b. Squat 1/110 5X5/100 5sec eccentric 8/80

3a. DB Row 30,20,15/36kg(80lbs)
3b. Rear Delt Fly 20,15,15/6kg

Notes:

• Really kicked it with the GHR. I’ve had some lower back pain right after doing GHR the past few weeks though it’s bothering me only when doing GHR. The pain is right above the ass.
  • I wanted to try to OHP before squatting because I started thinking that’s what stalling me and I guess I was right. Huge volume PR on the military press.

Later on I did at home 100 decline pushup (really felt it on upper chest and triceps) and 50 chinup.

Saturday, April 18th, 2015

Legs really sore today.
I wanted to do some light work so I did:
Wide Pullup 1-5, Neutral Pullup 5-1
20 Unilateral Rear delt Raise, 20 Unilateral Lateral Raises, 20 Unilateral Y Raises, 20 Unilateral Lu Raises, 20 External Rotation /7.5lbs DB
30 BW Bulgarian Squat

=============================================
“An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered.” Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Sunday, April 19th, 2015

1a. Deadlift 1/140kg 4X4/130kg
1b. Dips 1/+30kg 5X5/+25kg
1c. Chinup 1/+20kg 6,4+2negative, 3+3negatives,3+3negatives, 3+1+2negatives/+15kg

1. Shallow Incline Reverse Grip Bench-Pause 6,3,5,3,3,3,3,3,1/50kg T&G 10,6,4/40
  2. Unilateral Low Cable Row 30/12.5 4X20/12.5, 2X20/21, 10/24.5 dropset to 12/15kg

Notes:

• I didn’t went for the 5th set on the deadlift, my low back started to hurt really bad. I’m sitting here writing this with a low back pain. I couldn’t do much free weights after the deads.
  • I wanted to try some new stuff and getting 50 reps of pressing and 100 reps of pulling (got a lot more pulls). The RGBP felt good but a bit awkward. The rows were awesome, sick contraction even with light weights. I’ll stick to the Uni row, I bet it’ll do good for me. I finished the rows within 4 minutes or so, 4 minutes of contentious row.

Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015

It was memorial day and the gym was closed really early so it was packed and I couldn’t do my normal work so I tried to stick to my main movements of that day as much as I could (the bars were always in use, the racks, benches…).

Power Clean 5X3/60kg --Practicing form
Front Squat ramping to 5/80kg and then did 6sec Pause Front Squat 6X2/60kg
Military Press ramping to 3/50kg 3X6/40kg
DB Rows 3X?? lots of reps/40kg
random bro exercises…

Friday, April 24th

As much rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 Wide Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Air squats
20 Situps

I got 11 rounds.

On Monday I’ll have a 2 days long of physical qualification for the military so no heavy lifting till then.

=========================================
“I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong.” Leo Rosten

Saturday, April 26th, 2015

20min swim-4 rounds of 30sec as fast as I could, 1.5min moderate pace and 2 min slow pace.

MetCon: 10 rounds without rest of

• 5 pullup
  • 10 dips
  • 15 air squat

Finished with 50 burpee pullups and 15kg KB turkish get-ups AFAP back to back. I hate these two.