Concaved Chest

seeing if anyone knows of anything that would help this go away

Reconstructive surgery? I think a concaved chest would be considered a bone structure defect, usually from birth.

There is some sort of mineral and/or vitamin deficiency associated with that. If you grew up that way - you are that way. :frowning:

I have a convex chest myself, not severely, but it does push outward a little more than normal. As far as I know reconstructive surgery is the only real option, but it is a good one, if you can afford it and the downtime. I have had 2 friends undergo cosmetic surgery for their chests(one was extremely convex, one was indented considerably) and they recovered fine and their chests look pretty normal now.

there’s a specific name for this condition, I’ve always had one and this past year I was getting my physical for football season and my doctor told me some facts about it. there can be some abnormalities associated with it, you might want to go to a doc just to be safe. sorry I don’t remember the name of the condition and such.

Called Pectus Excavatum. Concerns are with heart and lung function. If cardio doesn’t bother you and you have no heart murmurs you should be fine. Probably permanent, but surgery is an expensive option not likely to be covered by insurance. It’s measured by seeing how many milliliters of water you can fill the concavity with. Try to make it not so noticable with building up your chest (obvious, I know.) Hope this helps.

and the one where the chest protrudes out is Pectus Carinatum. Pretty harmless. Look it up on web md or other site.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
Reconstructive surgery? I think a concaved chest would be considered a bone structure defect, usually from birth.[/quote]

Yes to this. I know this kid in Vero Bch. Fl. His is really bad; looks like Chuck Norris punched him! Anyways, a few yrs. back his milf mom decided to get her tits done instead of surgery for his chest. Nice mom huh?

[quote]BADASS MENTALITY wrote:
MaloVerde wrote:
Reconstructive surgery? I think a concaved chest would be considered a bone structure defect, usually from birth.

Yes to this. I know this kid in Vero Bch. Fl. His is really bad; looks like Chuck Norris punched him! Anyways, a few yrs. back his milf mom decided to get her tits done instead of surgery for his chest. Nice mom huh?
[/quote]

That sucks. Post a picture of his mom.

I have this (Pectus Excavatum). I don’t think it has to do with any type of vitamin/mineral deficiency - as somebody indicated - but rather a hereditary condition in which the cartilage, for some unknown reason develops inward and causes the sternum to be be pulled in.

There is nothing you can do to correct it but surgery. Of course, staying fit and trim makes it look much “better”. The fat, bird chest look is really pronounced for somebody with this condition if they do not stay in shape.

[quote]human743 wrote:
BADASS MENTALITY wrote:
MaloVerde wrote:

That sucks. Post a picture of his mom.[/quote]

Sorry, no pic. Picture Jessica Simpson, but with big ol’ tits, short hair & about 15 lbs. more than Simpson. OH, and she had braces! Major milf & a big flirt too. Also a $$$ spending stuck up my shit don’t stink bitch. That type.

My lifting buddy had the surgery. Basically they crack your chest just like they are doing open heart and then they put a spacer in.

The result was it left an ugly scar and my friend was constantly uncomfortable. He couldn’t stand the irritation of the spacer so six months later he had it taken out. So now he has a concaved chest and a really ugly scar.

Cosmetic surgery is not all it’s cracked up to be (no pun intended).

Yes there are 2 types. Pectus Excavatum and Pectus Carinatum. Most cases can only be fixed by surgery.

However there are some doctors and prosthetic places that have been treating these with braces, some with success.

if anyone is interested in more details let me know.