T Nation

Conan's in Town

Conan O’Brien is taping shows all this week in my hometown Toronto. Last night’s show was the first of four and it was hilarious(of course I had to tape it as I was sound asleep by that time). I’m going down to watch tommorrow’s show live. Jim Carey’s on Tommorrow, so that should be a blast. Make sure you don’t miss the rest of this week’s shows!

ahh damn! i was hoping it was big conan.

i doubt he will ever make it anywhere near oklahoma…

:cries:

Didn’t BigConan get kicked off?

Yeah, he makes alot of Canadian jokes so most Americans won’t get it. :slight_smile:
No, seriously it’s been great so far.He’s a nut.

We’ve been trying to get rid of that non-funny fruitcake for years. Hopefully, he will stay in Canada.

Huh? Conan O’Brien is the funniest late night host by FAR IMO.

/Jacob

When Conan does that string-connected-to-the-hips dance I laugh my ass off, every single time.

I’m so glad they replay that show on Comedy central the following day.

B.

I think Conan’s great, but he’s on past my bedtime

loop did you go see Jim…Bhhhabhaaaa!

“Why would I want to become a U.S. citizen when I come from the greatest country in the world!” Carrey declared, shoving the passport in his yap, chewing it up and spitting it out. “It tastes of Manifest Destiny!”

word is he flew in on his gulf stream and out right after- he wanted to make it to the show.

A place to stand and a place to hmmmmmmmOntarioooooOOooooooOOOooo!
Ha
I wish he would have made it out here. The neked ladies were cool I think they are coming to Calgary soon too!

For a min I thought Jim was Cake!

Wonder if hes going to stir up things more than Don Cherrys last helmet visor comments.

You know what the funniest thing about Conan was?

Andy Richter

Yeah, the show was pretty cool. JimCarey’s far more of an American though. I’ve lived in Toronto over 30 years and I have never heard that “Ontario” song before. He and Conan tried to get the audience to sing along, but we didn’t because no one in the audience had ever heard that song before! He probably learned it back when he was in grade school and figured that we all still knew the song. Michael J.Fox, earlier in the week, was pathetic. Truly no longer Canadian. The only real Canadian of the week’s shows was Mike Myers. He was on the first night and was absolutely hilarious.

Loopy: Yeah you gotta be older than 30 to remember that song. I knew it almost word for word.

i am jealous that loop got to see the show. i wanted to go - but NBC doesn’t like me (those bastards!)