Computer VS Log Book

I’ve tried the notebook thing. Just doesn’t work for me long term.

I got my excel spread sheet. I add bits and pieces to it here and there to make it more personalised.

The thing I like best is I don’t need to flip through pages. I can just compile a whole bunch of data, add some formulas and it gives me info.

I agree though. Not nearly as personal as a note book full of hand written stuff. I guess the older crew appreciates this element much more.

[quote]Rasto wrote:

[quote]dirtman wrote:
That’s is brillant. Makes me want to edit mine. Although I don’t have access to a sql server at home. I guess an access database will do. Also love the brag on twitter feature. Nice touch![/quote]

PS → I keep telling myself I should re-write the app so that it has simple login capabilities so that other people can use it. I originally wrote the app in .NET 2.0, then re-worked in .NET 3.5 (now with AJAX!) and now I’m looking for a way to learn ASP.NET MVC…who knows?[/quote]
Nice!! Keep up the work and make sure you re-post your progress when your finished.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
theres a 531 iphone app…I installed it on my ipad…it rocks my socks[/quote]

This would be a good app for people that are in the gym. Only problem is when I lift I tend to destroy little electronic devices I may have. I can’t count how many times I replaced my mp3 player. So now tunes cranked on an amp with speakers. I get to workout hard and blast the tunes and my niebours get to hear it too :wink:

Maybe one day a hot chick will come to tell me to turn it down. And since I just work out with shorts on she might wanna come inside after I answer the door. I can always dream :slight_smile:

Small update. I have added in some minor features in my little program. Reporting…

I after colecting the data I can break down my totals

Bench press say by weight what my min and max were and on what dates adding the comments for what was going on those days.

–TODO List–
Graphs so I get a visual record of the data I have.
Export buttons to email or pdf based on reports on progress.
Pre-programed lifting programs. Basicly pump in your program. The computer tells you what to do. No more cheating no more lies. This also forces you to stick with your new 10 week lifing program instead of getting bord with it 3 weeks in.

I am also toying around with the idea of a nutrient intake counter and sleep counter. This can be tied into the reports as to what you ate before or after your workout and during the day. This could tie directly into your trends for numbers in lifts or inches gained/lost on your favorite lacking/prized body parts.

Edit
Just added a tracker for sups … they track basics only IE : ZMA 3 pills & 04/04/2012

Ever heard of the pencil test for CNS?

Take a piece of paper and put as many dots as you can within 10 seconds. Count those dots and record the number. Do this first thing when you wake up daily. Graph it, do whatever. You can even use the =CORREL(array1,array2) function to find the correlation how your CNS fatigue is effecting your lifting numbers.

If your dot numbers drop it means time to slow down big boy as your CNS is getting fried and you could be facing falling sick very soon. If you are well in tune with yourself, you won’t need the test to tell you that you are fried. Fortunately though it lets you depict wtf is happening instead of just using intuition.

[quote]Teledin wrote:

Take a piece of paper and put as many dots as you can within 10 seconds. Count those dots and record the number. Do this first thing when you wake up daily. Graph it, do whatever. You can even use the =CORREL(array1,array2) function to find the correlation how your CNS fatigue is effecting your lifting numbers.

If your dot numbers drop it means time to slow down big boy as your CNS is getting fried and you could be facing falling sick very soon. If you are well in tune with yourself, you won’t need the test to tell you that you are fried. Fortunately though it lets you depict wtf is happening instead of just using intuition.[/quote]

I have never heard of that. That is kinda cool if it works hmmmm.

[quote]dirtman wrote:

[quote]Teledin wrote:

If your dot numbers drop it means time to slow down big boy as your CNS is getting fried and you could be facing falling sick very soon. If you are well in tune with yourself, you won’t need the test to tell you that you are fried. Fortunately though it lets you depict wtf is happening instead of just using intuition.[/quote]

I have never heard of that. That is kinda cool if it works hmmmm.[/quote]

One other thing I noticed was when my dots fell, my typing skills turned to shit.

I’m an accountant so I use that magical keypad to the far right of the keyboard religiously. If I can’t get through yesterdays cash flow in under 30 minutes and I’m hitting the wrong keys consistently, then historically my CNS has been fried from training. Time to back off a bit. :wink: