Computer Science vs Chemical Engineering

Based on what you’ve said, I would suggest the chemical engineering route, and then specialize based on the direction that makes most sense for you. There’s a fair amount of R&D work in ceramic and polymer engineering (and other materials engineering), and there’s a fair amount of money in petroleum engineering.

Unless you’re [already] a gifted programmer and have the right connections, I think it’s going to be quite a bit harder to find what you’re looking for in the computer science route. Not to say it can’t be done though.

Another factor to consider is future career direction and continuing education. A chemical engineering degree will give you a “general engineering” base, that most computer science degrees won’t. That makes it a lot easier to switch to another engineering field down the road, if your tastes change from chemical to mechanical to aerospace, for instance.

But I say that from the outside looking in. I have family members and friends who either do that themselves and/or work with those engineers. I’ve been on the computer science side of things.

Based on what you’ve described, and of those two options, I’d go the chemical engineering direction. I also think your military background (regardless of what it actually is) will be a boon when it comes to getting a job.

A coworker just shared this today regarding learning to code. Seems pretty much spot on: Coding Bootcamp | Learn 1-on-1 with a Mentor | Thinkful™

It’s a little heavy on analogies, but should give you some insight if you do decide to go down the [applied] computer science path.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
A coworker just shared this today regarding learning to code. Seems pretty much spot on: Coding Bootcamp | Learn 1-on-1 with a Mentor | Thinkful™

It’s a little heavy on analogies, but should give you some insight if you do decide to go down the [applied] computer science path.[/quote]
That is precisely what I have heard from classmates who went the computer science route. That it will take a good amount of time to get better, a lot of what you are saying makes sense. Seeing that after I leave the military I will be “dusty” to say the least in my programming skills. I did learn C++ up to object orientated, but I feel by the time I go back my skills would be less than up to par. I do believe that going the engineering route will be best for my immediate and future goals. Just gives me more wide-base training, which I can specialize further in graduate school. I would love to go the petroleum engineering route, but there are no schools that offer that degree in the NY area. I think my choice of study will in fact be chemical engineering. Thank you all, for your support, advice, and time.

It’s probably going to depend on the person but I don’t really agree with that article. Like anything, the more you learn, the more you realize how little you know. But every day I’ve been learning I’ve been loving the worlds opening up and conquering the challenges. I guess some might have convinced themselves they are so bright that everything comes instantaneously and then despair when conquering problems that require analysis and patience. Maybe if you’re going into systems, development and engineering work you should be the type of person who loves problems to solve. New languages, if you understand how machines and systems work, are not a huge deal. Knowing how systems work and knowing how to attack a problem will go a long way and there doesn’t need to be any despair.

I have noticed two types in my career and it really comes down to people who love problems and seek them and those who hate them and just want them to go away. In development there are always problems so if you can love them then you might be happy.

Also, I think there’s a tendency for programmers to over complicate their work and present it all as much more difficult than it is. Learning languages and technologies won’t be the biggest challenge. Working on a production system that is completely custom and proprietary and undocumented and ungoogleable will be where the despair might come in. The languages and the technology is usually pretty sensible and rational and can be understood.

But I never went into comp Sci for the money, It was because I love math and technology and problems. If I had gone into it for the money I think I’d have been in for a lot of frustration. I make great money today, but I had to work along senior dudes making double my pay doing the same work but sucking before I leapt past them. Some lower paying jobs I did in the past were also super cool and gave me skills that my peers didn’t have. I remember a crappy paying job I had once where I got to create drivers for custom controller boards and a UI with real time hardware (my newbie mind was blown as the little box with red faux LED font on my UI registered ticks from an encoder I was turning with my hand omfg that was like a first orgasm) and in the same place work with lasers (frickin laser beams!) and work with some amazing mathematicians who were doing some amazing state of the art stuff. There was no money for me there but amazing experience.

As an aside and just my opinion of course :). …

It worries me that you are so focused on wealth. Maybe worries is the wrong word. It makes me feel pain for the years to come since acquiring wealth, in any field, is such a long road ahead and to me it would be torture to be trying to put all my energy towards a goal like that. Being competent, making good decisions and hopefully not having shit luck will increase the likliehood of financial success but that isn’t a given. Live for the journey man =P

[quote]debraD wrote:
It worries me that you are so focused on wealth. Maybe worries is the wrong word. It makes me feel pain for the years to come since acquiring wealth, in any field, is such a long road ahead and to me it would be torture to be trying to put all my energy towards a goal like that. Being competent, making good decisions and hopefully not having shit luck will increase the likliehood of financial success but that isn’t a given. Live for the journey man =P
[/quote]

When I first got to college, I was astounded by the number of people I saw in computer science and engineering who picked the major because they thought it would be lucrative. At the time, I had aspirations to go into more theoretical aspects of computer science, so I found that distasteful. I also thought it was shortsighted. If your goal is just to pick something maximally profitable, as I said before, there are more efficient ways than science and engineering. Hopefully you pick something you can enjoy or tolerate, and make reasonable money doing it.

On the other hand, I know a few people with bachelor’s or master’s degrees in biology, and I wonder: why did you even bother?

[quote]nephorm wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
[/quote]

When I first got to college, I was astounded by the number of people I saw in computer science and engineering who picked the major because they thought it would be lucrative. At the time, I had aspirations to go into more theoretical aspects of computer science, so I found that distasteful. I also thought it was shortsighted. If your goal is just to pick something maximally profitable, as I said before, there are more efficient ways than science and engineering. Hopefully you pick something you can enjoy or tolerate, and make reasonable money doing it.

On the other hand, I know a few people with bachelor’s or master’s degrees in biology, and I wonder: why did you even bother? [/quote]
Balance perhaps?

[quote]debraD wrote:

[/quote]
Thank you for your perspective debraD, it was insightful to have another point of view/perspective. This decision to go back to school, is my atonement or redemption. I need this to prove to myself, that I was meant for more. This is not to insult those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces. That others can see my story, and see that it is possible to drop out of school and go back. As an example of how far I have come, and that second chances can be a path to success. Albeit it may take a little longer to get there. I do not need to be on a Forbes’s list, but why not aim for that? A man’s reach should always exceeds his grasp.

I will be the first to admit, that wealth is one of the ways that I plan on gauging my success. I know this may come across as vain to certain members of the population, but many judge in the same regard towards fitness models and bodybuilders. It’s similar to the argument of why one trains; whether to be healthy or to look good (as well as many other specific reasons). I ask why can it not be both? Why can I not have success and be wealthy? I know that wealth will not automatically translate to success. Much to the same way looking great doesn’t always translate to one being healthy (i.e. steroids).

For me it comes down purely to numbers, although I know there are two types of extrinsic variables that will effect my financial standing. Variables that I will be able to control, and several that I will not. I have come to terms to this. But if there is a factor that I can control, that can dictate my success/wealth I will make sure I work relentlessly at it. I plan on working my tail off, applying many of the same principals I utilize in the gym into my career. I expect to be well paid for the amount of work that I will be putting into my career field. The same way I expect to reap the rewards of putting my body through 20 repetitions of heavy squats in a set. I know what it is like to work for the journey (its currently a little bit of what I’m experiencing now). I know wealth shouldn’t be a determinate for happiness or success, but speaking as someone who has experienced both…if I can choose one or the other, I choose the latter.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
[/quote]
I understand what you are saying, but besides actuarial science (which has the highest suicide rate), medical fields (which would take several years at this point for me to get into), and certain trades (most, if not any I have no sort of network to get into) I do not see much better options/ways. Unless you can enlighten me?

I have considered getting my MBA after graduation, as a way to open more opportunities for myself. I would also like to note that I have not sacrificed my happiness for wealth. I would thoroughly enjoy heading into an engineering or computer science related field. Both are fields that I know would challenge me intellectually, and can help assist me in becoming financially “well off”.

[quote]jzy50309 wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[/quote]
Thank you for your perspective debraD, it was insightful to have another point of view/perspective. This decision to go back to school, is my atonement or redemption. I need this to prove to myself, that I was meant for more. This is not to insult those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces. That others can see my story, and see that it is possible to drop out of school and go back. As an example of how far I have come, and that second chances can be a path to success. Albeit it may take a little longer to get there. I do not need to be on a Forbes’s list, but why not aim for that? A man’s reach should always exceeds his grasp. [/quote]

Not to be dramatic about it at all :smiley:

I don’t know why you’re knocking yourself so hard to be honest. I dropped out of high school at 16, ran amok for few years (and have stories to tell) and eventually enrolled in University in my late 20’s, got a degree and still haven’t completed my high school diploma. I don’t regret any of that. It’s life experience. I’ve worked with a lot of guys who were wonderful good boys in high school, never touched a single mind altering substance and went on to college, graduated with pleasant marks and got a job but I wouldn’t trade my years of shenanigans for that for anything. Once, in my attempt to right my wrongs, I went for my GED. I wrote the first half, aced it and then when I was supposed to do the second half, I got hammered with my friends the night before and said fuck it in the morning and never bothered again. You think I’m ashamed of that? NOT ONE BIT. =D I still did great in school and I still did better in my career then the guys I spoke of. I think the difference between me and them is I have a passion for what I do and that’s why I do it and they’re just doing a job. And I guess us people who need to have a passion for something probably are prone to teenage carrying-on. That’s my theory anyway. Doesn’t actually matter if it’s true :smiley:

Sometimes I want to brag about all that, though less and less as my ego needs less and less I suppose. The point is there could be a day when your fuckups of the past are a source of both pride and amusement.

[quote]

I will be the first to admit, that wealth is one of the ways that I plan on gauging my success. I know this may come across as vain to certain members of the population, but many judge in the same regard towards fitness models and bodybuilders. It’s similar to the argument of why one trains; whether to be healthy or to look good (as well as many other specific reasons). I ask why can it not be both? Why can I not have success and be wealthy? I know that wealth will not automatically translate to success. Much to the same way looking great doesn’t always translate to one being healthy (i.e. steroids).

For me it comes down purely to numbers, although I know there are two types of extrinsic variables that will effect my financial standing. Variables that I will be able to control, and several that I will not. I have come to terms to this. But if there is a factor that I can control, that can dictate my success/wealth I will make sure I work relentlessly at it. I plan on working my tail off, applying many of the same principals I utilize in the gym into my career. I expect to be well paid for the amount of work that I will be putting into my career field. The same way I expect to reap the rewards of putting my body through 20 repetitions of heavy squats in a set. I know what it is like to work for the journey (its currently a little bit of what I’m experiencing now). I know wealth shouldn’t be a determinate for happiness or success, but speaking as someone who has experienced both…if I can choose one or the other, I choose the latter. [/quote]

See right there you’ve got a all wrong. A programmer would not do any repetitions because they’d use a LOOP :smiley: See, smarter not harder! Clearly you are better suited for engineering because when those guys code they never loop and litter the code with GOTOs. Training is the opposite of programming. Instead of doing all those reps, you spend all day trying to devise a strategy to avoid doing more than 1 rep.

Seriously though, don’t get me wrong, I like money. I like it for what you say as a gauge of success. And I like having a nice ass. That too has it’s rewards. But there is no soul in either of those things alone. What really gets me is being challenged at work and making shit happen that seemed impossible before. And watching a bank account grow is kind of dull and painful most of the time.

[quote]nephorm wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
[/quote]

On the other hand, I know a few people with bachelor’s or master’s degrees in biology, and I wonder: why did you even bother? [/quote]

True story–I was initially going for a degree in Fine Art. Glad I smartened up! Actually even when I was planning that, I still had a practical plan for commercial graphic arts so that might have worked out too. I’ve often thought if I burn out I’ll go back to art.

Before going back to school, I used to work in a manufacturing plant and it was unionized. So I was making $23 an hour for dumb labour and basic machine maintenance with no skill required. There were a bunch of lab girls there who took samples and then did a bunch of spectral analysis and the like on the products. They made $13 an hour. They had degrees in chemistry and biology. I don’t know if that was just something they had to do for 5 years before getting a real job or that was just poor planning on their part or if the career was that lame, but I made sure when I went to register that no way no how was I getting into that! The head chemist was about 100 years old and I’m sure he made real money but he was either going to have to retire or choke on some bad samples before his job was opening up. I loved chemistry too. Chemical engineering of course another field altogether.

[quote]debraD wrote:
True story–I was initially going for a degree in Fine Art. Glad I smartened up! Actually even when I was planning that, I still had a practical plan for commercial graphic arts so that might have worked out too. I’ve often thought if I burn out I’ll go back to art.
[/quote]

Degrees in fine art, literature, history, philosophy, or whatever unprofitable field are fine by me. I strongly believe in liberal education. I think we fetishize science and engineering. Not everyone has to be in STEM. At the same time, you have to accept the consequences of a less marketable education - and that’s great if it is what you want, you’ve thought it through, and you’re happy with it.

That was my point. I knew people who studied undergraduate chemistry and biology, bashed their heads into the wall to get the degrees, yet had no intention of getting a PhD. I always wondered, “have you actually looked at the employment opportunities in this field?” It’s different from someone choosing to get a fine arts degree, because that person usually recognizes they will have to get a job in a different field, or find a commercial outlet for their skills and talents, or make less money, or marry someone who makes enough to compensate. The people I know who majored in chemistry and biology got their degrees and seemed to be astonished that there wasn’t interesting, well-paying work for them to do. It isn’t even like the job market changed! Plus, certain fields are notorious for requiring extensive post-docs before you even get a real job.

The sad thing in your story is that the head chemist was probably replaced with a PhD when he died, and those girls are still probably taking samples and running spectral analyses.

[quote]jzy50309 wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but besides actuarial science (which has the highest suicide rate), medical fields (which would take several years at this point for me to get into), and certain trades (most, if not any I have no sort of network to get into) I do not see much better options/ways. Unless you can enlighten me?

I have considered getting my MBA after graduation, as a way to open more opportunities for myself. I would also like to note that I have not sacrificed my happiness for wealth. I would thoroughly enjoy heading into an engineering or computer science related field. Both are fields that I know would challenge me intellectually, and can help assist me in becoming financially “well off”. [/quote]

You need to define “well off.” But if those fields would satisfy your intellectual curiosity and yield an acceptable salary, go for it.

I am skeptical of your claim about actuarial science, but that’s neither here nor there. If true, it would at least be ironic.

You don’t need networking to get into trades. Community colleges usually offer that kind of vocational training and will set you up with an apprenticeship.

You say you don’t have “better options,” but I never said the options were better, just more lucrative. As I said, you could study math and become a quant on Wall Street. It would probably be miserable, but it’s an option. Maritime law pays very well. It all depends on what you’re willing to do, and I’m only considering this from the perspective of more or less stable employment with reasonably foreseeable earning potential. If you’re adventurous and willing to gamble, get the MBA and start up a business or two. You could hit it big.

I didn’t read most of this thread but I have two questions for you. Did you take Calc/Physics/Programming in high school (or at any other grade level) and if so a) did you love it (not just “like it”) and b) were you the kid who everybody came to when they needed these subjects explained? If the answers to a) and b) are yes, then go for it. If not then don’t bother as it will just be a miserable experience for both you and your engineering/CS professors.

Regardless of what it portrayed nowadays everybody cannot nor should be involved in STEM as aptitude has a lot to do with success (and therefore ultimately happiness…who is happy doing something they suck at). What we , as a society, are going to find out eventually is that this constant push of people to STEM is a dangerous game which may end up with many more …(insert disasters caused by bad engineering,etc).

Of course you can always be crappy at Eng./CS and have a miserable 4 years, get a job (which are out there for crappy students as well, unfortunately), kiss ass for a while without doing any real engineering/CS work and then move up in to a mangagement position without ever actually being good at what you do. However the path to this end goal is much easier if you just go to business school…

[quote]pja wrote:
I didn’t read most of this thread but I have two questions for you. Did you take Calc/Physics/Programming in high school (or at any other grade level) and if so a) did you love it (not just “like it”) and b) were you the kid who everybody came to when they needed these subjects explained? If the answers to a) and b) are yes, then go for it. If not then don’t bother as it will just be a miserable experience for both you and your engineering/CS professors.

Regardless of what it portrayed nowadays everybody cannot nor should be involved in STEM as aptitude has a lot to do with success (and therefore ultimately happiness…who is happy doing something they suck at). What we , as a society, are going to find out eventually is that this constant push of people to STEM is a dangerous game which may end up with many more …(insert disasters caused by bad engineering,etc).

Of course you can always be crappy at Eng./CS and have a miserable 4 years, get a job (which are out there for crappy students as well, unfortunately), kiss ass for a while without doing any real engineering/CS work and then move up in to a mangagement position without ever actually being good at what you do. However the path to this end goal is much easier if you just go to business school… [/quote]
Took Calc in high school, got a 5 on the AP. Also took both AP Bio and Chem and scored 5s on both those as well. I don’t have an aptitude towards anything I’ve just always been good at school. Going to class helped, and making sure to keep up with the curriculum (which I failed miserably to do in college). If you are willing to put in the work, I do not see why anyone can go into an engineering/science major. I did not take a college level physics, I have heard horror stories but I did take regular physics which was pretty much a joke. I was in an Information & Science Technology school at University Park, Penn State. So yes I’ve taken intro to programming and it too was not too overly difficult. Keep in mind I was much busy going out partying, and living frat life then keeping up with school.

I would just like to note; that I do not agree with the argument you made in regards to aptitude. Yes one would do better in a major/field that they enjoy but that does not necessarily mean they will do poorly in it if they don’t. That comes down to a similar argument along the lines of genetics. Are you saying just cause the skinny guy is not genetically gifted or have the “aptitude” to be big, he can’t? I am sure there are plenty of real world examples (on this site for starters) that can disprove that theory.

[quote]debraD wrote:
Not to be dramatic about it at all :smiley:

I don’t know why you’re knocking yourself so hard to be honest. I dropped out of high school at 16, ran amok for few years (and have stories to tell) and eventually enrolled in University in my late 20’s, got a degree and still haven’t completed my high school diploma. I don’t regret any of that. It’s life experience. I’ve worked with a lot of guys who were wonderful good boys in high school, never touched a single mind altering substance and went on to college, graduated with pleasant marks and got a job but I wouldn’t trade my years of shenanigans for that for anything. Once, in my attempt to right my wrongs, I went for my GED. I wrote the first half, aced it and then when I was supposed to do the second half, I got hammered with my friends the night before and said fuck it in the morning and never bothered again. You think I’m ashamed of that? NOT ONE BIT. =D I still did great in school and I still did better in my career then the guys I spoke of. I think the difference between me and them is I have a passion for what I do and that’s why I do it and they’re just doing a job. And I guess us people who need to have a passion for something probably are prone to teenage carrying-on. That’s my theory anyway. Doesn’t actually matter if it’s true :smiley:

Sometimes I want to brag about all that, though less and less as my ego needs less and less I suppose. The point is there could be a day when your fuckups of the past are a source of both pride and amusement.
[/quote]

This speaks volumes to me, because as miserable as I am currently if I could go back in time, I would still have my “fun” in college. The tailgates, the riots, the football games, my frat parties, the daylongs, the soristutes, the bars/clubs, the random 2:30 in the afternoon day drinking on a Wednesday, and meeting some of the best people I know. I did a lot of stupid things in college, A LOT…Things that I probably will never have a chance to do again, and/or get away with it.

The friends and life experiences I created at college are (so far) and will probably be the best years of my life. Although if I could go back in time, I would try to attend more classes and balance parting and school a tidbit better. Looking back there were plenty of my classmates and peers that were better at balancing and prioritizing. Thanks for your response debraD, at the very least it has put a smile on my face reminiscing.

[quote]jzy50309 wrote:

I would just like to note; that I do not agree with the argument you made in regards to aptitude. Yes one would do better in a major/field that they enjoy but that does not necessarily mean they will do poorly in it if they don’t. That comes down to a similar argument along the lines of genetics. Are you saying just cause the skinny guy is not genetically gifted or have the “aptitude” to be big, he can’t? I am sure there are plenty of real world examples (on this site for starters) that can disprove that theory. [/quote]

All I am saying is that many of the students I teach could study for 24 hours a day and still not be what I would consider to be good engineers. They might get B’s in easy classes and squeak by with C’s in more difficult courses but will struggle in general. However my guess is that these students, for the most part, didn’t receive 5’s on their AP calc exam. I also see some students who do have the aptitude struggling because they were told they could make good money in the field but don’t really love problem solving, etc and it is hard for them to put in the time necessary doing something which they are not passionate about.

[quote]pja wrote:

[quote]jzy50309 wrote:

I would just like to note; that I do not agree with the argument you made in regards to aptitude. Yes one would do better in a major/field that they enjoy but that does not necessarily mean they will do poorly in it if they don’t. That comes down to a similar argument along the lines of genetics. Are you saying just cause the skinny guy is not genetically gifted or have the “aptitude” to be big, he can’t? I am sure there are plenty of real world examples (on this site for starters) that can disprove that theory. [/quote]

All I am saying is that many of the students I teach could study for 24 hours a day and still not be what I would consider to be good engineers. They might get B’s in easy classes and squeak by with C’s in more difficult courses but will struggle in general. However my guess is that these students, for the most part, didn’t receive 5’s on their AP calc exam. I also see some students who do have the aptitude struggling because they were told they could make good money in the field but don’t really love problem solving, etc and it is hard for them to put in the time necessary doing something which they are not passionate about. [/quote]
I understand and respect your viewpoint. Passion is a very powerful driving force, and has a direct correlation with success. I just never have really had anything that I would consider to be passionate about. I am more passionate in obtaining wealth, making sure my future children/family has no monetary restrictions in life, and living a lifestyle where money is not an obstacle. I do not know why one can not make a clear distinction between work and fun. I am not suggesting you be miserable in your career field. But work is not always meant to be fun, it is meant to be challenging and can (will) be stressful at times. Maybe you can better clear this up for me? I know this response comes across as vain, but its truthfully what I think. It is what I consider myself to be passionate, or rather driven by.

[quote]jzy50309 wrote:

[quote]pja wrote:

[quote]jzy50309 wrote:

All I am saying is that many of the students I teach could study for 24 hours a day and still not be what I would consider to be good engineers. They might get B’s in easy classes and squeak by with C’s in more difficult courses but will struggle in general. However my guess is that these students, for the most part, didn’t receive 5’s on their AP calc exam. I also see some students who do have the aptitude struggling because they were told they could make good money in the field but don’t really love problem solving, etc and it is hard for them to put in the time necessary doing something which they are not passionate about. [/quote]
I understand and respect your viewpoint. Passion is a very powerful driving force, and has a direct correlation with success. I just never have really had anything that I would consider to be passionate about. I am more passionate in obtaining wealth, making sure my future children/family has no monetary restrictions in life, and living a lifestyle where money is not an obstacle. I do not know why one can not make a clear distinction between work and fun. I am not suggesting you be miserable in your career field. But work is not always meant to be fun, it is meant to be challenging and can (will) be stressful at times. Maybe you can better clear this up for me? I know this response comes across as vain, but its truthfully what I think. It is what I consider myself to be passionate, or rather driven by. [/quote]

If money is what is driving you then there many better ways to make good money than engineering, as others have alluded to. Why not just study hard for GMATs, ace them, and get into a good MBA program? This will be a much easier, and better, path towards making good coin. To make what is considered good money in engineering, you will most likely need to get into management any way…might as well skip the engineering part alltogether.

[quote]pja wrote:

[quote]jzy50309 wrote:

[quote]pja wrote:

[quote]jzy50309 wrote:

I understand and respect your viewpoint. Passion is a very powerful driving force, and has a direct correlation with success. I just never have really had anything that I would consider to be passionate about. I am more passionate in obtaining wealth, making sure my future children/family has no monetary restrictions in life, and living a lifestyle where money is not an obstacle. I do not know why one can not make a clear distinction between work and fun. I am not suggesting you be miserable in your career field. But work is not always meant to be fun, it is meant to be challenging and can (will) be stressful at times. Maybe you can better clear this up for me? I know this response comes across as vain, but its truthfully what I think. It is what I consider myself to be passionate, or rather driven by. [/quote]
If money is what is driving you then there many better ways to make good money than engineering, as others have alluded to. Why not just study hard for GMATs, ace them, and get into a good MBA program? This will be a much easier, and better, path towards making good coin. To make what is considered good money in engineering, you will most likely need to get into management any way…might as well skip the engineering part alltogether. [/quote]

I did not complete my undergraduate degree, so I am unable to apply into a MBA program. I also tried to take the easy way out once before, and do not have much to show for it. The major reason I joined the Air Force was for a “second chance”. I could not afford the tuition payments anymore, and this was a way I found to have my chance at college again. I want to prove it to myself that dedication and hard work are paths to success. As well as an example that second chances can lead to success, although it may take some more time. Thank you sir for your shared perspective, you as well as many others have given me a lot to think about. I am even more eager to begin, patience is a virtue.