Computer Question: Copy & Pasting

Hey all,

Wondering if any of you out there could help me.

I am taking an online class - the professor gives us a series of quizzes leading up to a couple of midterms. The midterms are mostly based on these quizzes.

I am trying to copy and paste the text of the quizzes off the class website into a Word document so I can study off a paper format for the next midterm.

I’ve never had difficulties doing this for other online classes I have taken and am wondering if there is any way for me to get around this.

this is much more convenient for me as I do not own a laptop - and only have access to the computer on limited times during the day.

Appreciate any help you may be able to provide…

Are you saying that you can’t copy the text off the web site. That seems a little weird to me, but try this.

Highlight the text and then press ctrl c to copy the text.

In the word doc pres ctrl v to paste.

Or…you can always hit print screen and then paste the image into a word doc.

[quote]Pemdas wrote:
Are you saying that you can’t copy the text off the web site. That seems a little weird to me, but try this. [/quote]

Yup, exactly what I’m saying. Really annoying.

[quote]
Highlight the text and then press ctrl c to copy the text.[/quote]

Doesn’t even let me highlight text.

[quote]
Or…you can always hit print screen and then paste the image into a word doc. [/quote]

By print screen you mean hitting the printer icon? I tried that and all I get is the toolbar outlining the quiz but not the actual text itself.

[quote]Pemdas wrote:
Are you saying that you can’t copy the text off the web site. That seems a little weird to me, but try this.

Or…you can always hit print screen and then paste the image into a word doc. [/quote]

^^
Try what he said.

The site/hoster/server might have also disabled copying of text.

If this is the case you can try this:
-Bring up the question(s) you want to copy on your screen
-Press the Print Screen/SysRQ button on your keyboard.
-Open MsPaint and paste the image there; now you have copied the questions in an image form.
It may be a little tedious, but it works.

:slight_smile:

[quote]Xylene wrote:
Pemdas wrote:

Or…you can always hit print screen and then paste the image into a word doc.

^^
Try what he said.

The site/hoster/server might have also disabled copying of text.

If this is the case you can try this:
-Bring up the question(s) you want to copy on your screen
-Press the Print Screen/SysRQ button on your keyboard.
-Open MsPaint and paste the image there; now you have copied the questions in an image form.
It may be a little tedious, but it works.

:)[/quote]

From there, you can make a document of each one.

Click: File, Save As, *.jpg.

You can trim off the toolbars and have an individual page for each question or combine them however you see fit.