Computer Help

That loose screw could have shorted your motherboard. Being as there is no light on the motherboard when your PSU is plugged in (and on) i’d suspect two things: Your motherboard or your PSU.

If you call up Best Buy or Circuit City they may have a PSU tester available to tell you if the PSU is dead.

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
That loose screw could have shorted your motherboard. Being as there is no light on the motherboard when your PSU is plugged in (and on) i’d suspect two things: Your motherboard or your PSU.

If you call up Best Buy or Circuit City they may have a PSU tester available to tell you if the PSU is dead.[/quote]

Well I just got off the phone with the company I bought it from. I’m sending them back the PSU b/c that is what they think it is. Hopfully it is just the PSU and not the motherboard but I’ll keep that in mind.

The guy asked me to take any SATA adapters off the PSU. This should be obviouse right? I mean I dont see anything that I can remove from the wires, nothing is plugged into an adapter as far as I can tell. So I’m good, right?

Thanks again everyone. I got more help on T-Nation then I did on techsupportforum.com…go figure.

Yeah, and SATA power adapter is simply something that plugs into a molex connector (the standard plug you see most often on a PSU) and converts the connecting end to an SATA size plugin.

Let us know how it turns out.