Computer Help

Hey guys, I’m out of ideas on how to fix a problem I have with my computer. I’ve backed up my computer to an external hard drive in the past, the last time being in August. I tried to back it up again about 3 months ago and got a error message saying “The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with”. I then tried to create a system repair disc, but even running that did nothing to fix this problem.

I had my friends brother look into it, but after 2 hours he gave up. I have no idea how to get my computer back to being able to run a back up.

Anyone got any help? I have a Toshiba Satellite 665A and have Windows 7, bought it in August 2010. I manually moved over my created important documents onto a flash drive (Word documents and pictures, except my music, which is too big to transfer) but I want to be able to run a actual back up.

Although this article deals with a problem in Windows Vista due to a Windows Update, the actual problem is exactly the same, with the same corrupt task messages. Go to the “workaround” immediately below “Known issue 2”

Do this.

Alright thanks. I’ll try that out tomorrow when I get a minute of free time.

[quote]fisch wrote:
Alright thanks. I’ll try that out tomorrow when I get a minute of free time.[/quote]

Don’t do it! dmaddox was only joking.

Linux.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]fisch wrote:
Alright thanks. I’ll try that out tomorrow when I get a minute of free time.[/quote]

Don’t do it! dmaddox was only joking.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

I am still laughing about that Pasty Picture of Eliteballa3.