T Nation

Computer Help Needed

So I had a program freeze on me the other day, and when I hit cntrl alt delete, a message came up saying that Task Manager had been disabled by the system administrator.

this strikes me as odd, because I am the only person to use this computer, it is my personal machine. I have no idea what I might have to to disable task manager, and if anyone has an idea as to how to turn it back on, I’d appreciate it. I am running Windows XP by the way.

Thanks.

try this tool:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

[quote]JohnnyChainsaw wrote:
So I had a program freeze on me the other day, and when I hit cntrl alt delete, a message came up saying that Task Manager had been disabled by the system administrator.

this strikes me as odd, because I am the only person to use this computer, it is my personal machine. I have no idea what I might have to to disable task manager, and if anyone has an idea as to how to turn it back on, I’d appreciate it. I am running Windows XP by the way.

Thanks.[/quote]

Yeah Cad gave you a good link. It usually happens unknowingly to the user, it is mostly caused by spyware that you download through certain websites or pop-ups you may encounter.

Thanks guys.