Computer Guys Please Help!

I have just bought a nice camcorder a Sanyo xacti VPC HD1000

It is great and it came with easy to use software to get my recordings from the camera onto the PC and then make a DVD with menu and burn the DVD.

My problem is that it takes far too long to render, I tried a 9 minute film as a test and it took 11 hours to render the film and convert to DVD.

I have a powerful and fast PC and I have no other problems with it running slow on any other apps.

Can anyone please reccommend a beter conversion/rendering software or solution to this please?

Cheer…s

TMPGEnc DVD Author:

I have a quadcore machine with 4gb ram at work, and it takes 35 minutes to convert and burn a full AVI movie to DVD - took up to 2.5hours on a average P4.

If you cannot source this program, PM me and I’ll send you a link tomorrow when I’m at work.

Does that help?

Often times, video editing software has settings in which you can adjust the quality of the output format. I doubt you needed the quality it was set for. My buddy works as a ‘tech director’ for Lucas, and they have to leave their renders going overnight due to the HD quality output that is typically required.

S

Thats super guys thanks very much :slight_smile:

Downloading the trail version now RSG mate, I will see how fast it is in comparison, thanks

Get an iMac. It comes with iMovie and iDVD. Plug in, edit, and burn. Done.

[quote]sumgai wrote:
Get an iMac. It comes with iMovie and iDVD. Plug in, edit, and burn. Done.[/quote]

Double that. Easiest system I have ever used. I make movies all the time for my family. Drag and drop everything. Makes me look like a pro.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Double that. Easiest system I have ever used. I make movies all the time for my family. Drag and drop everything. Makes me look like a pro.[/quote]

Also the most expensive.

Honestly, mac’s OS looks amazing and seem idiot proof, but you can build up a better pc at a lower price.

You get what you pay for. Spec for spec, Macs blow PCs out of the water. They don’t make a low end Mac so if you want to compare those Fry’s $199 PCs to an iMac, yes the iMac is more “expensive”. It comes down to this: if you want spyware, viruses, other malware, driver issues, crashes, and love to buy extra software that sometimes works get a PC! If you actually want to just get shit done, get a Mac.

I’ve always bought quality over price, so to me all those people out there bitching about Mac prices get what they pay for. You can’t have a Ferrari at Ford prices.

My computer is cheaper than a Mac and faster. I don’t crash other than from BSODs from my own overlcocking ventures.

Find a mac at 4.0ghz+. You won’t. Thats why PCs are better. Stable OCing and provide greater performance at a lower price. You can get leopard to run on pc hardware since its the same thing, C2D etc.

I’d pit my computer against a mac ANY DAY (with the same comparable hardware) and for cheaper, I’ll make mine faster. Plus I can get movie software on windows now. Its not a mac exclusive.

Just making the point that even though there’s problems, a little knowledge goes a long way in terms of saving a buck and getting more power from a computer.